49ers are the trade target

Tatonka68

Who do you draft??  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which quarterback would you draft?

• Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    • Josh Rosen, UCLA
    • Sam Darnold, USC
    • Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St
    • Josh Allen, Wyoming
    • Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    • Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

Just now, billieve420 said:

Also, seems like a bit of a head case wouldn't be surprised if he slid to the 2nd round. Height is also an issue we already have a smaller QB who struggles seeing the field. Would Dennison be creative enough to cater an offense to Mayfield I have my doubts. I think the organization prefers bigger QBs with traditional measurables.

I don’t think that Dennison is back. That’s part of the reason that my list looks like it does. He was the driving force behind the QB switch I think. McDermott gave him what he wanted and it failed in epic fashion. McCoy was McDermott’s first choice and he’s back out there. The offense will be different next year. 

I do do agree though that if he is here it will be a more traditional pocket passer.

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Im not a Jackson fan at all 

He’s taken huge steps this year. He’s the most improved QB in the country. Lamar is Watson with a better skill set IMO. He has a bigger arm and is a better runner. Watson is a gamer though (I guess Lamar is too). He is the guy ascending. He may end up as high as 1 if the recent mocks are any indication. 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Your scenario seems very plausible. But I just don't see Cleveland using their first round pick on another qb. They have used so many picks on qbs that I get the sense that they are getting queasy about going that route again. The fiasco McCarron deal illustrates to me that they want to at best stabilize the position and give Kizer more time to develop. I consider Rosen to be the best pure passer in college. But bringing him into chaotic situation in Cleveland is a risky transaction for a player who is not unafraid to express his feelings about the situation he is in. 

In a certain respect because of personality and competitiveness I feel that Mayfield is a better fit for Buffalo and the environment than is Rosen who I do like a lot. 

Cleveland is taking a qb. I pretty much guarantee it.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I like Mayfield and he should go in the 20's so the rest of the picks can be used for help else where such as Linemen LB's CB's

this is what i'm hoping. i would sure love to be able to use that 2nd first with 2 twos and a three, we could really get some talent. i'm also praying rico and castillo are gone before we start fixing the lines.

The Mayfield “incident” shouldn’t affect his draft stock as long as he handles the question properly in interviews,IMO.  The guy acted like a jerk, in an emotionally charged game, in response to a bunch of opposing players acting like jerks.  If there was a pattern of similar transgressions I’d be worried.  Was has me more concerned about Mayfield is his height.  I know he’s listed at 6’1”, but from what I’ve heard most scouts think he’s closer to 5’11” - 6’

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that Dennison is back. That’s part of the reason that my list looks like it does. He was the driving force behind the QB switch I think. McDermott gave him what he wanted and it failed in epic fashion. McCoy was McDermott’s first choice and he’s back out there. The offense will be different next year. 

I do do agree though that if he is here it will be a more traditional pocket passer.

He’s taken huge steps this year. He’s the most improved QB in the country. Lamar is Watson with a better skill set IMO. He has a bigger arm and is a better runner. Watson is a gamer though (I guess Lamar is too). He is the guy ascending. He may end up as high as 1 if the recent mocks are any indication. 

I hope some team other then Buffalo takes Jackson ahead of us. I will do back flips over it for sure.

Just now, xRUSHx said:

I hope some team other then Buffalo takes Jackson ahead of us. I will do back flips over it for sure.

It’s possible. Teams fall in love with their guys, supposedly the Jets really like Allen. Last year Whaley was in love with Watson.

I actually think Baker and Lamar go higher than projected for that reason. It is kind of like Mahomes. It only takes one team to love them. While they may have some polarizing traits you don’t need a consensus of all 32 teams. You need one that sees through it. It’s the same reason that I think Rudolph drops. He doesn’t do anything special. That’s a big investment for a guy that could be “solid.”

18 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

My list is.

Rosen

Darnold

Baker

Allen

And nobody else, if they can not land one of them this draft is a huge fail IMO

Agree with your list Rush and have Jackson and Mason after Allen.

Our FO should scout all these hardcore and pop a list of 2 of them and make it happen. 

Enough is enough man :)

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We aren’t far off. I like Jackson a little more than Allen because he’s a little further along. They are both high ceiling guys but Jackson has a higher floor IMO. I would draw the line at Allen too though I think. 

I would hate if we pick Josh Allen. I hate to keep using this comparison but he is an EJ Manuel clone.

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lamar is Watson with a better skill set IMO.

This is exactly how I would describe it. As long as Dennison is gone that would be a great pick. If Dennison stays, get ready for Mason Rudolph and the staff to be gone after 3 more seasons.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would hate if we pick Josh Allen. I hate to keep using this comparison but he is an EJ Manuel clone.

Not sure what Allen could become though. Could he be EJ or Big Ben 2.0? I'm thinking more like Ben but I understand your thought as well Happy.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is exactly how I would describe it. As long as Dennison is gone that would be a great pick. If Dennison stays, get ready for Mason Rudolph and the staff to be gone after 3 more seasons.

Ha ha, I can see all of that. I wouldn’t expect Allen because the sense that I get is that the Bills want the rookie out there opening day of 2018. That doesn’t feel like Allen. 

54 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

There are ALWAYS tons of teams looking for a starter. This is not an excuse not to get your GUY.

I never said it was.

I was pointing out that the notion it won't cost a lot to trade up for a QB is ridiculous. With so many teams in need of a QB, it will cost as much as it ever would (three first rounders plus more picks). 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I can see all of that. I wouldn’t expect Allen because the sense that I get is that the Bills want the rookie out there opening day of 2018. That doesn’t feel like Allen. 

I agree Allen is not a day one starter

Goal should be to get a day one starter

Rosen

Darnold

Baker

On the Whole topic of the 49ers being the top trade target. Is this reality though? What if they decide to take one of these top QB's and have them compete or sit behind Garappolo a couple years?

I know many here think 2 QB's in one draft if silly but it is a plausible still if the 9'ers value the position. If they did they would most definitely have their long term QB locked up between the 2 as none of us 100% know what Jimmy will be still.

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, xRUSHx said:

I agree Allen is not a day one starter

Goal should be to get a day one starter

Rosen

Darnold

Baker

That’s probably the list of day 1 starters IMO. Rudolph and/or Falk could fit there too because of their experience but they don’t have the upside to me. Good post

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Culture will change with new players and a franchise worthy QB. Right now we have players that are not good enough and go against the HCs wishes.

If this team wins 2 more games because of this culture garbage it will again kick us out of the QB chase. The dynasty of never finding a franchise worthy QB continues.

I wonder who will be the new HC in 2019 while the Tyrod is still here controlling the OCs just like Cutler did in Chicago. Longest ever playoffless streak continues. Need to go all in on 2018, culture is not a issue if your cleaning house IMO.

Tyrod is done here. He's cut as soon as the season ends. 

The Bills don't need to trade up into the top 5 for a QB. All that will do is gut the roster of the necessary talent it needs to compete. 

Without massive upgrades to the defense this team is going nowhere regardless of who is playing QB.

Once we lose some more games, we'll probably wind up picking in the 12-16 range. We can pick the best guy there, and then use the rest of our picks upgrading the rest of the roster which quite simply isn't good enough. This team is Swiss Cheese. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

On the Whole topic of the 49ers being the top trade target. Is this reality though? What if they decide to take one of these top QB's and have them compete or sit behind Garappolo a couple years?

I know many here think 2 QB's in one draft if silly but it is a possible still. If they did they would most definitely have their long term QB locked up between the 2 as none of us 100% know what Jimmy will be still.

The problem is that they are going to either commit to Jimmy G or let him walk. They won’t have the luxury of sitting on him. They gave up an early #2 for him. They will either have to tag him, sign him to a long-term deal or he walks. If you are willing to tag a guy that’s you’ve hardly seen i wouldn’t think that you use a top 2 pick on the same position. It’s one or the other imo.