49ers are the trade target

Tatonka68

Who do you draft??  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which quarterback would you draft?

• Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    • Josh Rosen, UCLA
    • Sam Darnold, USC
    • Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St
    • Josh Allen, Wyoming
    • Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    • Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

48 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

To move from where we'll be picking into the top 4 will cost a fortune. It will gut the roster of talent for years to come and shouldn't be something we're considering. 

Just like it did for philly

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If we keep Dennison and this scheme I would think Mason Rudolph is the target. Accurate, goes through progressions, NFL ready. But I’d feel comfortable with Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson, or Josh Rosen so I don’t think a big sell the farm trade up is necessary. I could see us trading up a little if the top 3 go off the board but that would still leave us with a bunch of draft picks. This is the best year to need a QB, no need to force anything.

I like your reasoning. Why mortgage the farm when a reasonably priced trade up could secure us a high end qb prospect and still allow us to address some of our many needs?Giving up a second and a third round pick and trading first round positions to get Mayfield orJackson would excite me. Would I prefer the most pro ready passer in Rosen at the expense of adding help for the DL or OL? No. I would take a Mayfield or Jackson or Rudolph and keep more of my picks.

I have for a long time argued that the Bills are rebuilding and it is a timely process. But that is not to say that with some smart maneuvering and wise use of our expanded cap availability this team can't take a major step forward. If one looks at our draft situation with the accumulated picks the Bills are one of the best positioned teams for the draft. I'm just hoping that this new regime maximizes this situation to significantly bolster the roster.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

No. Given the way things have transpired we should be trying to win and change the culture in the locker room. 

If we were worried about competition for QBs, we should have traded McCoy before the season started. 

Culture will change with new players and a franchise worthy QB. Right now we have players that are not good enough and go against the HCs wishes.

If this team wins 2 more games because of this culture garbage it will again kick us out of the QB chase. The dynasty of never finding a franchise worthy QB continues.

I wonder who will be the new HC in 2019 while the Tyrod is still here controlling the OCs just like Cutler did in Chicago. Longest ever playoffless streak continues. Need to go all in on 2018, culture is not a issue if your cleaning house IMO.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I like your reasoning. Why mortgage the farm when a reasonably priced trade up could secure us a high end qb prospect and still allow us to address some of our many needs?Giving up a second and a third round pick and trading first round positions to get Mayfield orJackson would excite me. Would I prefer the most pro ready passer in Rosen at the expense of adding help for the DL or OL? No. I would take a Mayfield or Jackson or Rudolph and keep more of my picks.

I have for a long time argued that the Bills are rebuilding and it is a timely process. But that is not to say that with some smart maneuvering and wise use of our expanded cap availability this team can't take a major step forward. If one looks at our draft situation with the accumulated picks the Bills are one of the best positioned teams for the draft. I'm just hoping that this new regime maximizes this situation to significantly bolster the roster.  

So you would rather have two players like Tannahill and Hughes over a Elway or Kelly.

Days of cheaply building trying to win now over the long term is why this team continues to stink while having another teams backup QB as our starter.

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Too many teams need a QB.

Bills, Jets, Jags, Broncos, Browns, Steelers, Cardinals, Giants, Redskins will all need a starter. There will be tons of teams looking for QB help this year. 

There are ALWAYS tons of teams looking for a starter. This is not an excuse not to get your GUY.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If we are trading up it is likely, the 2 ones and a 2 this year and a one next year. We may get like a 5th back too or something. 

If we make the move up Rosen is my top target but I think that he goes 1 to Cleveland. 

Your scenario seems very plausible. But I just don't see Cleveland using their first round pick on another qb. They have used so many picks on qbs that I get the sense that they are getting queasy about going that route again. The fiasco McCarron deal illustrates to me that they want to at best stabilize the position and give Kizer more time to develop. I consider Rosen to be the best pure passer in college. But bringing him into chaotic situation in Cleveland is a risky transaction for a player who is not unafraid to express his feelings about the situation he is in. 

In a certain respect because of personality and competitiveness I feel that Mayfield is a better fit for Buffalo and the environment than is Rosen who I do like a lot. 

If I were to rank the list above in order of guys that I’d want it would be:

- Rosen

- Darnold

- Baker

- Jackson

- Allen

- Rudolph (but I’d prefer Falk and Finley)

Just now, JohnC said:

Your scenario seems very plausible. But I just don't see Cleveland using their first round pick on another qb. They have used so many picks on qbs that I get the sense that they are getting queasy about going that route again. The fiasco McCarron deal illustrates to me that they want to at best stabilize the position and give Kizer more time to develop. I consider Rosen to be the best pure passer in college. But bringing him into chaotic situation in Cleveland is a risky transaction for a player who is not unafraid to express his feelings about the situation he is in. 

In a certain respect because of personality and competitiveness I feel that Mayfield is a better fit for Buffalo and the environment than is Rosen who I do like a lot. 

I think the opposite with Cleveland. They are over being the smartest guy in the room. They will pick a QB at 1 and it will be Rosen or Darnold (if he comes out). 

I love Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I saw him giving that press conference after his, uh, gestures and he looked to me like a Buffalo QB. He has the attitude this city and team would get behind. I worry that McDermott would pass on him for character concerns. I guess Johnny Manziel is the cautionary tale there but for a QB I’d take the risk.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

- Rosen

- Darnold

- Baker

- Jackson

- Allen

I think the opposite with Cleveland. They are over being the smartest guy in the room. They will pick a QB at 1 and it will be Rosen or Darnold (if he comes out). 

I love Mayfield. 

With respect to Rosen and Cleveland I don't see him be too enamored with going to Cleveland. And he is not the type of personality who would be afraid in advance to make his feelings known. But putting that issue aside I'm also have been a Mayfield aficionado. I have watched him in a number of games this year. There wasn't a game in which he has played against very good teams where he wasn't not only the best player on the field but also the most compelling/dynamic player on the field.   

56 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

There's too many other holes that need to be filled on the roster. I wouldn't move up. Wait it out and see who falls down to us.

Same old fail different staff. I can not wait to see the fool's gold that falls to us. 

Got to find a QB worthy to build around, this build first garbage of waiting on a QB  to fall from the sky or the picking other teams waste has had this team in fail mode for way too long.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

With respect to Rosen and Cleveland I don't see him be too enamored with going to Cleveland. And he is not the type of personality who would be afraid in advance to make his feelings known. But putting that issue aside I'm also have been a Mayfield aficionado. I have watched him in a number of games this year. There wasn't a game in which he has played against very good teams where he wasn't not only the best player on the field but also the most compelling/dynamic player on the field.   

Baker is going to be a great big game player. He would be a great addition for any team.

Rosen has certainly been difficult at times. However his HC is gone and he’s coming out. Cleveland will be picking first and are going to take the guy that they believe is the top QB in the draft. Maybe it won’t be Rosen but it will be one of the guys on that list. I say Rosen because he’s the most polished and I don’t see the Browns taking another guys with question marks. They will take the guy that they think is the safest. They will have another top 10 pick too. 

54 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

That's not even close to enough compensation.

It will cost THREE first round picks, plus additional picks to move from the mid 1st round into the top 4. 

Although you are probably correct on the price, it is ridiculous and we should NEVER even give it a thought,

THREE first plus?  Three!  Why not just go all in and give someone 9 first rounders? It's like those idiots that spent a grand on a "rare" beanie baby when they had a mortgage and heating bills.  

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Baker is going to be a great big game player. He would be a great addition for any team.

Or we could sign Manziel on the cheap.  Same thing.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

- Rosen

- Darnold

- Baker

- Jackson

- Allen

I love Mayfield. 

My list is.

Rosen

Darnold

Baker

Allen

And nobody else, if they can not land one of them this draft is a huge fail IMO

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

My list is.

Rosen

Darnold

Baker

Allen

And nobody else, if they can not land one of them this draft is a huge fail IMO

We aren’t far off. I like Jackson a little more than Allen because he’s a little further along. They are both high ceiling guys but Jackson has a higher floor IMO. I would draw the line at Allen too though I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I am a HUGE Baker Mayfield guy. I have always liked swagger and fortitude in QBs (and accuracy and the ability to dx defenses)

Also, seems like a bit of a head case wouldn't be surprised if he slid to the 2nd round. Height is also an issue we already have a smaller QB who struggles seeing the field. Would Dennison be creative enough to cater an offense to Mayfield I have my doubts. I think the organization prefers bigger QBs with traditional measurables.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

We aren’t far off. I like Jackson a little more than Allen because he’s a little further along. They are both high ceiling guys but Jackson has a higher floor IMO. I would draw the line at Allen too though I think. 

Im not a Jackson fan at all 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I saw him giving that press conference after his, uh, gestures and he looked to me like a Buffalo QB. He has the attitude this city and team would get behind. I worry that McDermott would pass on him for character concerns. I guess Johnny Manziel is the cautionary tale there but for a QB I’d take the risk.

The Mayfield/Manziel comparison is very unfair. (Not saying you are making that comparison.) Mayfield has a passion for the game that includes preparation. His competitive nature sometimes becomes too untamed. But I'm confident that he can grow/mature as a player and person. What very much appeals to me about him is that his teammates love and embrace him. Also as a teammate he is a supporter. There was a play that caught my eye. It may be a simple thing but it is illustrative. I remember a player after making a big play fumble the ball. It was at a critical juncture. He was one of the first players to approach the discouraged player and give him encouragement. That's the type of leader and teammate I want on the Bills. If McDermott shies away from Mayfield because of his choir boy preference then he is a sanctimonious fool.   

• Like (+1) 1