49ers are the trade target

Tatonka68

Who do you draft??  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which quarterback would you draft?

• Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    • Josh Rosen, UCLA
    • Sam Darnold, USC
    • Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St
    • Josh Allen, Wyoming
    • Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    • Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

When the 49ers traded for Jimmy G, they became are number one target to trade up in the NFL Draft to get a NFL QB. The 49ers should be drafting 2nd to 4th and the Bills two picks in the teens and twenties. Who would you draft and what are you willing to give up?

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

When the 49ers traded for Jimmy G, they became are number one target to trade up in the NFL Draft to get a NFL QB. The 49ers should be drafting 2nd to 4th and the Bills two picks in the teens and twenties. Who would you draft and what are you willing to give up?

If we are trading up it is likely, the 2 ones and a 2 this year and a one next year. We may get like a 5th back too or something. 

If we make the move up Rosen is my top target but I think that he goes 1 to Cleveland. 

• Like (+1) 1

If we keep Dennison and this scheme I would think Mason Rudolph is the target. Accurate, goes through progressions, NFL ready. But I’d feel comfortable with Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson, or Josh Rosen so I don’t think a big sell the farm trade up is necessary. I could see us trading up a little if the top 3 go off the board but that would still leave us with a bunch of draft picks. This is the best year to need a QB, no need to force anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Who’s the joker that voted Jackson 

That was me ;) We could probably stay put and take him. He has gotten better every year in college, it was the same story on Russell Wilson. Because of Wilson’s success a QB like Lamar Jackson will never fall that far again. He can pass accurately from the pocket, he is not just a run-first passer. Think Deshaun Watson but more accurate with the ball. Would fit a modern creative NFL offense which is why I am sure we will not go after him, but that’s who I want.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If we keep Dennison and this scheme I would think Mason Rudolph is the target. Accurate, goes through progressions, NFL ready. But I’d feel comfortable with Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson, or Josh Rosen so I don’t think a big sell the farm trade up is necessary. I could see us trading up a little if the top 3 go off the board but that would still leave us with a bunch of draft picks. This is the best year to need a QB, no need to force anything.

We should just target Mayfield with our 1st round pick. He'll probably be available in the 12-20 range, which is where we'll end up picking. 

Then cut Tyrod, bring in a cheap veteran, and let Mayfield, Peterman and the vet compete for the job. Then spend the rest of our picks fixing the defensive front seven. 

• Like (+1) 1

They'll still go QB.

First year, rookie QB sucks, and they need a year on the bench after that. Trade away your draft for one, and there's no roster, and the rookie wants a lot of money by the time they're good.

Best case is TT wakes up and becomes a gamer. Win at KC and we stop talking about his replacement. Stop worrying about INTs or injuries and win.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It wasn’t me but the latest mocks have him as high as 1. He’s the big climber right now.

I haven’t started looking at mock drafts yet so I didn’t know he’d been climbing. I think he will go a little lower than the mock drafts him because NFL GMs still don’t have a clue, but maybe they’ve finally wised up and he’ll get taken where he deserves to be. He’s a legit #1 overall prospect any other year.

Trade both first rounds picks, the second from the Rams, the 5th from the Jags and the Chiefs pick next year from the Ragland Trade and get THE GUY. Who's THE GUY?? I would love to know. I was around to see Jim Kelly, and would give up ALL the picks for another. Without a QB you get 1999 - present. 

Would it be nice to have next Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers instead of a Tyrod or a Fitzpatrick. Someone who can take over a game.

Edited by Tatonka68

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I haven’t started looking at mock drafts yet so I didn’t know he’d been climbing. I think he will go a little lower than the mock drafts him because NFL GMs still don’t have a clue, but maybe they’ve finally wised up and he’ll get taken where he deserves to be. He’s a legit #1 overall prospect any other year.

Every year around this time someone gains momentum (see: Trubisky, Mitchell). Jackson seems to be the guy going up. He has developed a ton as a pocket passer and now there are people that think he has a chance to be #1 overall. 

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Trade both first rounds picks, the second from the Rams, the 5th from the Jags and the Chiefs pick next year from the Ragland Trade and get THE GUY. Who's THE GUY?? I would love to know. I was around to see Jim Kelly, and would give up ALL the picks for another. Without a QB you get 1999 - present. 

Would it be nice to have next Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers instead of a Tyrod or a Fitzpatrick. Someone who can take over a game.

That's not even close to enough compensation.

It will cost THREE first round picks, plus additional picks to move from the mid 1st round into the top 4. 

Edited by jrober38