[Please Change Title]Anthony Lynn

harv shitz

10 hours ago, harv shitz said:

Haven't seen this, sorry. Haven't spent a lot of time on here. 

Very true. And, given the fact he woudn't have made any move on a quarterback, either, we would likely be right where we are now, irregardless who is coaching.

Correct about QB.  But not sure Lynn would have dumped players like Dareus, Watkins, etc.  The Bills would be at least at 6-4 now IMO with the possibility of sneaking into the wildcard if the talent dump for picks hadn't happened. To be clear, the Bills absolutely need a QB next draft so I'm not upset about the talent fire sale. Just think with Lynn at the helm they might not have been quite so aggressive about getting cheaper  "character" players over more talented players and picks.

Edited by CodeMonkey

8 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Its the nature of the bills fanbase: risk averse and backward looking.

TBD's resident genius has spoken!   :rolleyes:   In order to progress, a 7-9 Bills team that was 8-8 the year before needs to be stripped of its talent so that its HC and his pet GM can fill the team with players that "buy into" taking the team back to the future circa 1985.   That, according to Mr Brilliance here, is supposed to be progress although the the team is playing infinitely worse now than it was at the beginning of the season when it was at least competitive when it lost.  It's "bold" and "forward looking".  Uh-huh ...

Meanwhile, a SD team that was 5-11 in 2016 and 4-12 in 2015 hires as their new HC  a former Bills OC whom the Bills rejected.  He took the players he inherited and has them all playing better, so that even when they've lost, they've been competitive, and as they've blossomed under Lynn's coaching, they're starting to win games instead of losing them by a couple of points.  They're on a roll.  They demolished the Bills in LA, and then they went to Dallas and demolished the Cowpies.  They're getting better as the season progresses ... but according to Mr Brilliance, fans now questioning the Bills hiring McDermott over Lynn are "risk averse and backward looking".   In the perverse universe Mr Brilliance occupies losing is better than winning.  Well, with McDermott and Beane in charge, maybe even Mr Brilliance will get his fill.

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

TBD's resident genius has spoken!   :rolleyes:   In order to progress, a 7-9 Bills team that was 8-8 the year before needs to be stripped of its talent so that its HC and his pet GM can fill the team with players that "buy into" taking the team back to the future circa 1985.   That, according to Mr Brilliance here, is supposed to be progress although the the team is playing infinitely worse now than it was at the beginning of the season when it was at least competitive when it lost.  It's "bold" and "forward looking".  Uh-huh ...

Meanwhile, a SD team that was 5-11 in 2016 and 4-12 in 2015 hires as their new HC  a former Bills OC whom the Bills rejected.  He took the players he inherited and has them all playing better, so that even when they've lost, they've been competitive, and as they've blossomed under Lynn's coaching, they're starting to win games instead of losing them by a couple of points.  They're on a roll.  They demolished the Bills in LA, and then they went to Dallas and demolished the Cowpies.  They're getting better as the season progresses ... but according to Mr Brilliance, fans now questioning the Bills hiring McDermott over Lynn are "risk averse and backward looking".   In the perverse universe Mr Brilliance occupies losing is better than winning.  Well, with McDermott and Beane in charge, maybe even Mr Brilliance will get his fill.

You seem upset Mr. Small Picture. You’re also an ignorant twat. Philip rivers >>>>>> tryhard. Convenient that you ignore his presence in the equation.one guy is coachable the other clearly is not.

Edited by joesixpack

12 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Correct about QB.  But not sure Lynn would have dumped players like Dareus, Watkins, etc.  The Bills would be at least at 6-4 now IMO with the possibility of sneaking into the wildcard if the talent dump for picks hadn't happened. To be clear, the Bills absolutely need a QB next draft so I'm not upset about the talent fire sale. Just think with Lynn at the helm they might not have been quite so aggressive about getting cheaper  "character" players over more talented players and picks.

How can you be sure they would be 6-4 with Lynn? Just because he may have kept Dareus and Watkins? This team hasn't lost a game just because they didn't have a DT or WR. Who says the offence doesn't regress this year with Lynn after the league is able to see more tape on him and his offence? Is the defence improved in the first 5 weeks with Lynn and whomever he could get at DC?

10 hours ago, harv shitz said:

Haven't seen this brought up, but, after watching the Chargers kick the Cowboys asses, and the way the ran through/over the Bills last week, does anyone kinda wonder if Pegula should have kept Anthony Lynn as HC?

Once Terry hung him out to dry by not fronting up himself as to why he fired Rex Ryan and why the benched Tyrod there was basically no chance that he was staying as HC and I'm not sure he'd even have wanted to.  It was an organisational embarrassment.  The media guys focussed in on Whaley's part in the shambles, especially after his "not privy" press conference but the worst part of the screw up was putting Lynn the 1 game temporary HC up as the first face of the organisation to explain to the media the firing and the benching.  What kind of competent ownership does that?

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Have you looked at the records of the teams they have beaten? When the Bills beat those teams it's brushed off as those teams being bad, but if someone else beats them they are all of the sudden tough opponents. 

The Giants have won 2 games, the cowboys have barely scored double digit points the last few weeks, Bills also beat denver and oakland. They were gifted 5 ints and a 30 point lead in the first half against a bills team that beat themselves

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Have you looked at the records of the teams they have beaten? When the Bills beat those teams it's brushed off as those teams being bad, but if someone else beats them they are all of the sudden tough opponents. 

The Giants have won 2 games, the cowboys have barely scored double digit points the last few weeks, Bills also beat denver and oakland. They were gifted 5 ints and a 30 point lead in the first half against a bills team that beat themselves

Facts have no place in this conversation, only rage toward a head coach and gm that have been here under a calendar year. 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

probably not a bad idea. But he left on his own.

Because we didn't want to extend him and his assistants..... which led him to believe that the Pegulas were not all in on him.  They didn't want to risk paying off Doug's people but then they ended up having to pay off Rex's people - I know who I'd rather have as my HC.  

9 hours ago, Theshallowcross said:

They need to commit to his development. He is only a 3 year starter who has been in 4 different systems and he continues to progress. They need to build this team around him with all the premium draft picks they have this year. 

I could not disagree more if I tried.  

9 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Philip Rivers is an upper echelon franchise QB.  Always has been.   It's a sign of bad coaching and management that he has not been close to a title.   

I agree he's a top QB, but in reality, he's done squat on that team for years except roll up passing stats and throw up untimely INTs when his team needed TDs.   SD hasn't made the playoffs since 2009 when they snuck in as the 2nd WC at 9-7 when they finished 3rd in the AFCW.   They won 5 games in 2016 and 4 games in 2015.

Moral of the story: a "franchise QB" is not going to make a difference if the coaching sucks any more than it's going to make a big difference if the talent's not there.

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

they clearly are the better team though. they have the better QB and better defense. they were gifted the 5 ints but would the outcome have been different had taylor been in there? some may speculate they would have and some may not of seen a difference other than less ints but the end result, a loss, may of still been the case, wont ever know.

I think they still would of lost just based on the two games prior that mainly fell on the defense so chances are good the chargers would of still out scored the bills.

Lynn is a pretty good coach and they seem to be picking up steam going in to the final stretch. McD and Company have stripped the roster of talent and are clearly in rebuild mode so it was two teams going in different directions. one lacks talent the other has plenty to win games with at QB, WR and a very stout defensive front. so I feel the chargers are and were the better team.

my hope is they manage to climb back in it and take the division giving the bills a better position in the upcoming draft?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because we didn't want to extend him and his assistants..... which led him to believe that the Pegulas were not all in on him.  They didn't want to risk paying off Doug's people but then they ended up having to pay off Rex's people - I know who I'd rather have as my HC.  

I could not disagree more if I tried.  

Based on their track record, they probably should have extended him.

In hindsight, yeah Anthony Lynn looks legit and McClapper and the Beane counter are taking haymakers to the chin at the moment.

at the very least, even without Rivers,  Lynn would have had a ready made offensive that played to Tyrod’s strengths, and we would have had a better rushing attack to complement McCoy.

56 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

How can you be sure they would be 6-4 with Lynn? Just because he may have kept Dareus and Watkins? This team hasn't lost a game just because they didn't have a DT or WR. Who says the offence doesn't regress this year with Lynn after the league is able to see more tape on him and his offence? Is the defence improved in the first 5 weeks with Lynn and whomever he could get at DC?

I didn't say I was sure, I said in my opinion.  But look at what has happened to the run defense of the Bills and Jags after the Dareus trade for example.  Is it hard to think the Bills could have won one of the last 3 games if the run defense wasn't historically bad now?

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, the rushing attack that was aided by Tyrod immensely. 

You don't need to pass the ball when your scoring TDs running it. Pass and throwing TDs both count for 6 points.??

Yeah Shady would have been nobody without Tyrod. You guys and your Tyrod ball washing

Edited by Bangarang

13 hours ago, harv shitz said:

Haven't seen this brought up, but, after watching the Chargers kick the Cowboys asses, and the way the ran through/over the Bills last week, does anyone kinda wonder if Pegula should have kept Anthony Lynn as HC?

This discussion would look much different 3 games ago.