[Please Change Title]Anthony Lynn

harv shitz

4 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

He did finish with the 12th ranked passing game in 2015 and the 18th in 2016. 

In 2016 we had two different OCs and we also led the league in rushing attempts. He completes 62.9% of his passes for his career here and is at 63.8% this year driving his rating up almost a full point with way less receiving talent and with zero help from the play calling, Oline and running game. 

They need to commit to his development. He is only a 3 year starter who has been in 4 different systems and he continues to progress. They need to build this team around him with all the premium draft picks they have this year. 

So where’s the passing game ranked now out of curiosity 

14 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If we kept Lynn, that means Whaley is most likely still the GM.

Remember he benched Tyrod at the end of the year and by most accounts he was ready to move on from him. 

So who knows what our offense would look like. 

Personally, I'd take McDermott over Lynn. Chargers are playing well the past 2 games. They should be with the top D line in the league, a true franchise QB (who is one of the better QBs in the NFL) and talent on both sides of the ball.

But they didn't look all that good for most of the year. The past 2 weeks they beat a struggling Bills team with a putrid offensive line and rookie QB throwing 5 picks. Then they played the Cowboys without Ezekiel Elliott, who had really struggled and gone 0-2 leading up to today's game. 

Who knows, Lynn may end up being the better coach but I'm sure not ready to crown him yet or say that the Bills made a mistake not hiring him (and it has to be mentioned that he was trained/mentored the last 10 years by Rex Ryan, who the Bills were obviously looking to distance themselves from after the clown show he put on here). 

I sill think we have the right head head coach and GM combo to have a good chance at success in the coming years. I'm excited to see what they do these next couple/few drafts. I have hope that they will build a sustained winner. 

In the Chargers first four games they lost by 3/2/14/2. They're 5-2 since with their only losses coming @New England and @Jacksonville. Both cross country, east coast 1:00 games (circadian rhythm) to current playoff team's. 

Lynn is a damn good coach and we would've been lucky to have him. The Chargers are a good team. 

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Things go well and it’s Tyrod leading them. Not so good and it’s this persons fault and that persons fault and the equipment managers fault blah blah blah

Judging by this response ^ it seems you have made up your mind and have drawn your line in the sand. In which case we have passed the point of intelligent discourse. 

Edited by Theshallowcross
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

In the Chargers first four games they lost by 3/2/14/2. They're 5-2 since with their only losses coming @New England and @Jacksonville. Both cross country, east coast 1:00 games (circadian rhythm) to current ah off team's. 

Lynn is a damn good coach and we would've been lucky to have him. The Chargers are a good team. 

Wins against the Giants, Oakland, Denver, Buffalo and Dallas... all struggling teams currently. 

4 straight losses to start the year against Denver, Miami, KC and Philly (who were both playing great). 

Like I said, he may end up being a great head coach. But I'm not ready to say he is yet. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wins against the Giants, Oakland, Denver, Buffalo and Dallas... all struggling teams currently. 

4 straight losses to start the year against Denver, Miami, KC and Philly (who were both playing great). 

Like I said, he may end up being a great head coach. But I'm not ready to say he is yet. 

Its the nature of the bills fanbase: risk averse and backward looking.

44 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

I don't get this argument at all. Taylor was a major factor in why the running game finished 2nd in DVOA in 2015 and 1st in DVOA in 2016. The threat of his legs and the fact that he leads all quarterbacks since 2015 in rushing yards had a ton to do with the success of the running game. 

He also led the offense to a 9th overall ranking in 2015 and a 10th rated offense in 2016. That's the quarterback of a top ten offense. 

I have no idea why this quarterback gets such a bad wrap from Bills fans? We've seen some horrible awful quarterbacks over this last 17 years. Taylor is NOT one of them. 

Yep. It's difficult to get this argument, but I've put a great deal of study into the issue, and can explain the intricate & complicated line of thought :

(1) If the offense does good, or functions well - Tyrod had nothing to do with it

(2) If the offense does poorly, or functions badly - it's Tyrod's fault

(3) If the Bills win - Tyrod had nothing to do with it (because "he doesn't win games")

(4) If the Bills lose - it's Tyrod's fault.

And that just about covers it; you're all caught up......

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If we kept Lynn, that means Whaley is most likely still the GM.

Remember he benched Tyrod at the end of the year and by most accounts he was ready to move on from him. 

Aaron Kromer's contract was up, too. So even if Lynn was hired he still may have left (as it was said the Bills did try to keep him but he chose to work with McVay in LA). 

So who knows what our offense would look like. 

Personally, I'd take McDermott over Lynn. Chargers are playing well the past 2 games. They should be with the top D line in the league, a true franchise QB (who is one of the better QBs in the NFL) and talent on both sides of the ball.

But they didn't look all that good for most of the year. The past 2 weeks they beat a struggling Bills team with a putrid offensive line and rookie QB throwing 5 picks. Then they played the Cowboys without Ezekiel Elliott, who had really struggled and gone 0-2 leading up to today's game. 

Who knows, Lynn may end up being the better coach but I'm sure not ready to crown him yet or say that the Bills made a mistake not hiring him (and it has to be mentioned that he was trained/mentored the last 10 years by Rex Ryan, who the Bills were obviously looking to distance themselves from after the clown show he put on here). 

I sill think we have the right head head coach and GM combo to have a good chance at success in the coming years. I'm excited to see what they do these next couple/few drafts. I have hope that they will build a sustained winner. 

I do and also remember the woody Whaley had for Watson. Imagine whomever else we drafted with Watson at QB and our previous roster intact? Think about it... Would we be better off today? Would we have made the playoffs?

Either way we have McD and Beane now and need to work with that for awhile now. I'm not sure I'll be excited until I see what happens in the draft and FA. I will hope like a kid on Xmas eve though we get what we want.

I can only support it at this point like you man.

Edited by Real McCoy

22 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Judging by this response ^ it seems you have made up your mind and have drawn your line in the sand. In which case we have passed the point of intelligent discourse. 

Judging by your response it’s clear you’ve done the same and are ready to dish out excuse after excuse and deflect any and all blame or criticism. It’s everyone else’s fault why we consistently have one of the worst passing attacks with Tyrod as our QB. I’m sure once he’s no longer here teams will be fighting over him to be their starter.

Edited by Bangarang

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I do and also remember the woody Whaley had for Watson. Imagine whomever else we drafted with Watson at QB and our previous roster intact? Think about it... Would we be better off today? Would we have made the playoffs?

Either way we have McD and Beane now and need to work with that for awhile now. I'm not sure I'll be excited until I see what happens in the draft and FA. I will hope like a kid on Xmas eve though we get what we want.

I can only support it at this point like you man.

Yeah I remember some analysts saying Watson was Whaley's type of QB and someone else saying that Whaley was "in love" with him or something like that.

But then there were people here saying that the QB he actually wanted to draft was Mahomes. 

And others said the only QB the Bills truly had interest in was Trubisky (if he made it to #10). 

So who knows... there's a whole lot of misdirection that goes on around draft time. 

I dont really like getting into "what if's" because you can drive yourself crazy doing that. 

We have McDermott and Beane. They've collected a bunch of draft picks and plan to build through the draft, which is something that hasn't been done here in a while. I'm excited to see how it turns out. But McDermott was the coach I wanted in the offseason so I'm nowhere near ready to give up on him yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

While we are at it. Maybe, we shouldn’t have let Marrone get away.

I never once seen the man smile. He was all business. Given the title of Saint Doug and the team was turning around. I understand it's over and done now but I always wondered if the team would have taken that extra step to the playoffs if he would have won that power struggle.

It's looking more like he made the right move for himself as time goes on. He wasn't bending over for anyone and honestly I would choose him over McDermott and Anthony Lynn. I want a total jerk like him running the show. He came back  from the ashes to claim a head coaching gig so I am sure it's no sweat off his sack reguardless how dumb people think he is.

The way they empower the head coach now makes me think they regret not letting him win that power struggle. Once they realized that a proven name in Rex turned out to be trash they went with another up in coming hoping they get another chance at a power hungry cut throat maniac that would do anything to win. Step on anybody you have to just to win. 

Edited by Lfod

7 hours ago, Theshallowcross said:

He did finish with the 12th ranked passing game in 2015 and the 18th in 2016. 

In 2016 we had two different OCs and we also led the league in rushing attempts. He completes 62.9% of his passes for his career here and is at 63.8% this year driving his rating up almost a full point with way less receiving talent and with zero help from the play calling, Oline and running game. 

They need to commit to his development. He is only a 3 year starter who has been in 4 different systems and he continues to progress. They need to build this team around him with all the premium draft picks they have this year. 

What rankings are you looking at, i see 28th, 30th, and 30th for passing offense?

Continues to progress? To me it  seems like he regresses every year.

How long will it take for him to finally develop? Are you hinting that he still hasnt been fully "unleashed"

1 minute ago, Pbomb said:

What rankings are you looking at, i see 28th, 30th, and 30th for passing offense?

Continues to progress? To me it  seems like he regresses every year.

How long will it take for him to finally develop? Are you hinting that he still hasnt been fully "unleashed"

Football outsiders DVOA. The only true measure of team success. 

What I am hinting at is that he continues to get better even with all of the moving parts and mismanagement around him. 

19 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Football outsiders DVOA. The only true measure of team success. 

What I am hinting at is that he continues to get better even with all of the moving parts and mismanagement around him. 

Shouldnt the true measure of a teams success be how many wins they have. And tyrod cant seem to get past 7 or 8 of them. I know, i know its everyone elses fault.

An average qb that will keep us in mediocrity as long as he is here

11 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Shouldnt the true measure of a teams success be how many wins they have. And tyrod cant seem to get past 7 or 8 of them. I know, i know its everyone elses fault.

An average qb that will keep us in mediocrity as long as he is here

About 46 players dress on game day. 60+ plays are run on both offense and defense (not accounting for STs) It's the ultimate TEAM sport. Laying every win or loss on the quarterback alone isn't a good measure of how the team played. 

9 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Tyrod is a starting QB but not franchise and there is a difference. Your right Taylor is not awful but he isn't exactly that great either.

Another problem is Brady is in the division. Any QB we will ever have will be compared to him and Kelly. Unless our QB is comparable, the search will continue. You will never win this division with Tyrod unless Brady is out of it.

7 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

About 46 players dress on game day. 60+ plays are run on both offense and defense (not accounting for STs) It's the ultimate TEAM sport. Laying every win or loss on the quarterback alone isn't a good measure of how the team played. 

This is true, but the QB position influences the rest of the team like no other. Brady elevates his team. He makes average players great. Three and outs destroy the defense. They get tired and demoralized.

18 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Another problem is Brady is in the division. Any QB we will ever have will be compared to him and Kelly. Unless our QB is comparable, the search will continue. You will never win this division with Tyrod unless Brady is out of it.

This is true, but the QB position influences the rest of the team like no other. Brady elevates his team. He makes average players great. Three and outs destroy the defense. They get tired and demoralized.

Brady is the GOAT though. He and Rodgers are the only two QBs in the league who can make average players better. 

The Bills defense is currently 32nd in the league at creating 3 and outs. If they are tired and demoralized they have no one to blame other than themselves. 

Edited by Theshallowcross