[Please Change Title]Anthony Lynn

harv shitz

Haven't seen this, sorry. Haven't spent a lot of time on here. 

1 minute ago, Pbomb said:

2 stud pass rushers and a franchise qb always helps. They are playing great though, weapons all over the field on offense. I could see them beating out the chiefs for the division which would be great for us

Very true. And, given the fact he woudn't have made any move on a quarterback, either, we would likely be right where we are now, irregardless who is coaching.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

From morons on this board whom lack any logic at all.... yes.

Overreaction is our speciality, liking pining for a former coach after a couple wins while ignoring the blown games earlier in the year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The reason I wanted Lynn was because Gus Bradley and Whisenhunt were packaged with him. Especially Gus Bradley

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Overreaction is our speciality, liking pining for a former coach after a couple wins while ignoring the blown games earlier in the year.

People say Lynn blew games. But is it his fault his kicker missed a 40 yard field goal to beat Miami? And is it his fault his running back fumbles when they are killing clock against Jacksonville? 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nope. Probably the same QB under Lynn last year... that lead that team to a top 7 scoring offense. 

Pretty sure our rushing attack led us to a top 10 scoring offense. 

Edited by Bangarang

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty sure our rushing attack led us to a top 10 scoring offense. 

I don't get this argument at all. Taylor was a major factor in why the running game finished 2nd in DVOA in 2015 and 1st in DVOA in 2016. The threat of his legs and the fact that he leads all quarterbacks since 2015 in rushing yards had a ton to do with the success of the running game. 

He also led the offense to a 9th overall ranking in 2015 and a 10th rated offense in 2016. That's the quarterback of a top ten offense. 

I have no idea why this quarterback gets such a bad wrap from Bills fans? We've seen some horrible awful quarterbacks over this last 17 years. Taylor is NOT one of them. 

Edited by Theshallowcross

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Um wrong.

The Bills would still have the talent they dumped/traded away in the name of the process. 

Who knows where they'd be record wise, but Dareus, Watkins, Darby, MG would still be here... and Vlad !@#$ing Ducasse wouldn't be.

Probably still have Kroemer as O Line coach too.

37 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

While we are at it. Maybe, we shouldn’t have let Marrone get away.

probably not a bad idea. But he left on his own.

3 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

I don't get this argument at all. Taylor was a major factor in why the running game finished 2nd in DVOA in 2015 and 1st in DVOA in 2016. The threat of his legs and the fact that he leads all quarterbacks since 2015 in rushing yards had a ton to do with the success of the running game. 

He also led the offense to a 9th overall ranking in 2015 and a 10th rated offense in 2016. That's the quarterback of a top ten offense. 

I have no idea why this quarterback gets such a bad wrap from Bills fans? We've seen some horrible awful quarterbacks over this last 17 years. Taylor is NOT one of them. 

Tyrod is a starting QB but not franchise and there is a difference. Your right Taylor is not awful but he isn't exactly that great either.

The correct decision was to keep Anthony Lynn. It would've kept the continuity of a top 10 offense in tact and the defense still would've made the switch to the 43 base because Lynn and Bradley were a packaged deal. Lynn also would have valued Watkins/Woods/Goodwin and Dareus more than McD did and at least 3 of the 4 still be here. 

11 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Again the talk turns to his legs. It’s his arm and brain that’s the problem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

What’s not to get? We had the best rushing offense in the league paired with one of the worst passing offenses in the league. People are so quick to give Tyrod so much credit for what the offense did well the last 2 years but are just as quick to deflect blame when the offense does bad. Tyrod is a game manager who is mostly along for the ride. You can try and give him credit for the rushing attack being so successful but it’s not as if Shady McCoy wasn’t great and productive before he got here. 

Just now, joesixpack said:

Again the talk turns to his legs. It’s his arm and brain that’s the problem.

He did finish with the 12th ranked passing game in 2015 and the 18th in 2016. 

In 2016 we had two different OCs and we also led the league in rushing attempts. He completes 62.9% of his passes for his career here and is at 63.8% this year driving his rating up almost a full point with way less receiving talent and with zero help from the play calling, Oline and running game. 

They need to commit to his development. He is only a 3 year starter who has been in 4 different systems and he continues to progress. They need to build this team around him with all the premium draft picks they have this year. 

If we kept Lynn, that means Whaley is most likely still the GM.

Remember he benched Tyrod at the end of the year and by most accounts he was ready to move on from him. 

Aaron Kromer's contract was up, too. So even if Lynn was hired he still may have left (as it was said the Bills did try to keep him but he chose to work with McVay in LA). 

So who knows what our offense would look like. 

Personally, I'd take McDermott over Lynn. Chargers are playing well the past 2 games. They should be with the top D line in the league, a true franchise QB (who is one of the better QBs in the NFL) and talent on both sides of the ball.

But they didn't look all that good for most of the year. The past 2 weeks they beat a struggling Bills team with a putrid offensive line and rookie QB throwing 5 picks. Then they played the Cowboys without Ezekiel Elliott, who had really struggled and gone 0-2 leading up to today's game. 

Who knows, Lynn may end up being the better coach but I'm sure not ready to crown him yet or say that the Bills made a mistake not hiring him (and it has to be mentioned that he was trained/mentored the last 10 years by Rex Ryan, who the Bills were obviously looking to distance themselves from after the clown show he put on here). 

I sill think we have the right head head coach and GM combo to have a good chance at success in the coming years. I'm excited to see what they do these next couple/few drafts. I have hope that they will build a sustained winner. 

Edited by BillsFan4

5 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

He did finish with the 12th ranked passing game in 2015 and the 18th in 2016. 

In 2016 we had two different OCs and we also led the league in rushing attempts. He completes 62.9% of his passes for his career here and is at 63.8% this year driving his rating up almost a full point with way less receiving talent and with zero help from the play calling, Oline and running game. 

They need to commit to his development. He is only a 3 year starter who has been in 4 different systems and he continues to progress. They need to build this team around him with all the premium draft picks they have this year. 

Things go well and it’s Tyrod leading them. Not so good and it’s this persons fault and that persons fault and the equipment managers fault blah blah blah

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1