Clean House after season

Tatonka68

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Lol you keep telling yourself that. Fans wanted his head on a pike after his last season here. RW listened.

RW fired him because he wouldn't fire his ST coach. RW was responsible for putting RJ in that playoff game.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And why did RW want that pray tell?

that is 100% true....ralph made the initial call to bench flutie despite wade.....I remember that presser with wade still......ralphie was cause of a lot of **** back in his day.....guy was cheap cheap beyond belief!

29 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The only person on this list that'll probably go is Taylor and Tolbert. All those other guys I can absolutely see being here next year 

wouldnt be surprised if McDiddly kept tolbert......there is some really weird man love type crap going on there this season with this guy.....i dont get it....

5 minutes ago, JPP said:

that is 100% true....ralph made the initial call to bench flutie despite wade.....I remember that presser with wade still......ralphie was cause of a lot of **** back in his day.....guy was cheap cheap beyond belief!

wouldnt be surprised if McDiddly kept tolbert......there is some really weird man love type crap going on there this season with this guy.....i dont get it....

And stubborn too.

2 hours ago, Jasovon said:

Yup firing everyone is the fastest way to succeed in the NFL.

Rebuilding is!

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

There is nothing left to clean. The cupboard is bare.

Been bare since 2000!

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I got a better idea: get rid of McDermott and Beane.

Is this the first year you have followed the NFL? I am impressed with your ingenuity! 

It's hard to take this thread seriously. That being said, I would like to posit a question that I asked in another thread and got no answer. For all those who want to kick Tyrod to the curb: Then what? Let's assume that Peterman is as bad as he has been (why would we not assume that?). And, let's assume that we use some combination of 2018 pick to trade up and draft out mythical "quarterback of the future." Again, then what? Do we start them fresh out of the gate, behind whatever O-line we have by next year? Do we shop around for some version of Brian Hoyer to sustain some level of mediocrity until our "QB of the future is ready to start?" Just how badly are we going to manage our high-draft-pick QB next year?

However you feel about Tyrod, I'm gong to guess that we are going to miss him for the first eight, or so, games next season.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Leonard Johnson has had some really nice games and has played under McDermott at Carolina.  I doubt they will get rid of him.  The secondary hasn't played that well lately because the front 7 hasn't sniffed the QB in weeks.  He may not be a number 2 corner but he'd be solid depth.  Gaines has been solid but injured and I doubt they will be getting rid of shady.  Especially if they get a rookie QB.  You can grab another back to play next to Mccoy but he's been one of the bright spots in an up and down season.  I think everyone else will be gone

4 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills need to clean house and get rid of the following players after the season, Tyrod Taylor, Shady McCoy, Cedric Thorton, Ryan Davis, Mike Tolbert, Shareece Wright,  Leonard Johnson, Alonzo Alexander and EJ Gaines. 

Except for Tyrod and Shady, I don't think any you listed are key players.  I think Tyrod has probably outlived his starting career in Buffalo and will be gone.  Shady is under contract and there are only certain conditions under which he might be moved.  Everybody else is a role player IMO.  Some are starting, but I don't think their salaries are such that you can't move them to a backup role if you can upgrade.  Wright is a fringe player who could be easily moved and hardly anybody would notice. If you can upgrade, go ahead, but if it creates too many holes to fill with upgrades, then you might end up having to keep a few.  By the way, it's Lorenzo Alexander.

4 hours ago, JPP said:

K......even more interesting i dont see any FA wanting to come anywhere near this place next season to boot!

People keep repeating this year after year and it's true in very very few cases.

Among the absolute top guys who will get a ton of offers of lots of money, yeah. Pretty much everyone else is just worried about finding someone who wants them and will pay as much or more than anyone else. And finding someone to pay isn't really a sure thing. 

Last year's Browns had one win. And yet they got a pretty solid FA class. 

Unless you're the Mario Williams of a few years ago or someone like him, FAs just go where they're wanted and paid.

1 hour ago, The juice said:

Need to clean house of the coaches first and foremost 

Yeah, and we can continue to do it each year as the coaches switch systems and then suck. We oughta try this and go for three or four decades on the playoff-less streak.