Is the media the problem here?

freeagentqb

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In the Bills case.........they also feed the media negative takes when it suits them as well. 

I was shocked by the very pointed, non-stop trashing of Marcell Dareus all preseason by Bills talking heads on radio...........that would have never been allowed if they didn't want it out there.

They've done their share of groundwork laying and it has VERY MUCH influenced much of this fanbase into buying whatever they had to sell.

"They" meaning the Bills organization?  Are you saying that the Bills wanted the media to trash Dareus or are you saying they could somehow have prevented the Dareus commentary on the radio, such as it was?  How could they do that?  When have they ever been able to do that?

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"They" meaning the Bills organization?  Are you saying that the Bills wanted the media to trash Dareus or are you saying they could somehow have prevented the Dareus commentary on the radio, such as it was?  How could they do that?  When have they ever been able to do that?

Bills media employees( like Chris Brown, Mark Kelso) trashing Dareus on the Bills own pregame.

I'm not talking about being kinda' critical.........TRASHING the guy.

The Dareus analysis went on from one guest to the next for close to two hours during drive-time..........the Bills organization wanted to get the message out there why they were getting rid of the guy.

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills media employees( like Chris Brown, Mark Kelso) trashing Dareus on the Bills own pregame.

I'm not talking about being kinda' critical.........TRASHING the guy.

The Dareus analysis went on from one guest to the next for close to two hours during drive-time..........the Bills organization wanted to get the message out there why they were getting rid of the guy.

Link?

Also, if they wanted "to get the message out" as to why they were getting rid of him, why did they wait so long after that to get rid of him?

Also, Chris Brown isn't a member of "the media", neither is Kelso.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Link?

Also, if they wanted "to get the message out" as to why they were getting rid of him, why did they wait so long after that to get rid of him?

Also, Chris Brown isn't a member of "the media", neither is Kelso.

Good question about why they didn't get rid of him earlier.......that's what Brown and Kelso were both saying "I don't know how McD can even go forward into the season with his "process" with Dareus here........he doesn't like football......he's a selfish teammate......good to family members so don't understand why he can't be a good teammate".   Which is of course VERY different rhetoric from the normal company line.   Particularly with Kelso who generally refuses to be directly critical of anyone on the team.   I was shocked that Dareus was still on the roster on opening day after all of that pointed criticism from the mouthpieces.    

As I said.......the Bills also use the media to forward their agenda as well........Brown, Kelso, Jones, Murphy.......all serve as faux media that are mixed in, often simultaneously with many other non-Bills employee media on WGR.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, Mrbojanglezs said:

They have all the power to influence the emotions of the public

And they have power to influence perception of outside players/coaches about coming to Buffalo.  Many, many posts about how "difficult" it is to get players / coaches to come to Buffalo.  Of course Jerry Sullivan ball washers will try to have it both ways.

29 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And they have power to influence perception of outside players/coaches about coming to Buffalo.  Many, many posts about how "difficult" it is to get players / coaches to come to Buffalo.  Of course Jerry Sullivan ball washers will try to have it both ways.

Players and coaches have one influence.  Money.  It's absurd to think otherwise, unless you're talking about the Patriots ... which, believe me ... we are not.

No... I've seen a lot of dumb reasoning for why the buffalo sports team have been bad.

This is the dumbest **** I've ever read. The media has been easy on McDermott with all they've done. Excuses for Watkins, and Dareus. Largely supportive of the Peterman change until after the game, besides School. These guys would have been getting killed in a lot of markets, and it'd be devservingly so. They've made a lot of questionable moves that they've been given passes on.

36 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I don't like Jerry Sullivan, but are you giving him credit for keeping players away? I take back what I said about the OP, this is the dumbest **** I've ever read. Nobody know who Jerry Sullivan is outside of Buffalo and Rochester.

Get !@#$ing real, the poorly ran team is what has kept players from coming here. If anything. That's a joke.

Every NFL team has media to deal with. You think NY media sources are any better with the Giants and Jets? 

As an aside, The rise of 24/7 media coverage, both in regular news and sports news, has not been positive for anyone in my opinion. There is only so much a topic can be covered before you find yourself creating narratives in order to justify being on 24/7. News is no longer just about facts; we’re constantly being told how we should feel about a particular topic. 

That being said, Schopp isnt playing DT for us on Sundays and the Bulldog isnt lined up at QB. 

Wow, a lot of passionate replies to my posting.  In hindsight, I probably should have said that the negative media is not THE cause of the Bills woes but a contributor to it.  So much second-guessing and over the top criticism just adds fuel to the fire.  You know some of the players see and hear all the negatism ,  Another thing I notice is various message boards are very quiet after a win but god forbid if they lose, everyone is jumping on board with criticism of every little thing. 

Just an observation......  

18 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No... I've seen a lot of dumb reasoning for why the buffalo sports team have been bad.

This is the dumbest **** I've ever read. The media has been easy on McDermott with all they've done. Excuses for Watkins, and Dareus. Largely supportive of the Peterman change until after the game, besides School. These guys would have been getting killed in a lot of markets, and it'd be devservingly so. They've made a lot of questionable moves that they've been given passes on.

I don't like Jerry Sullivan, but are you giving him credit for keeping players away? I take back what I said about the OP, this is the dumbest **** I've ever read. Nobody know who Jerry Sullivan is outside of Buffalo and Rochester.

Get !@#$ing real, the poorly ran team is what has kept players from coming here. If anything. That's a joke.

I'd did state I thought Jerry Sullivan could influence where a player took a crap - he is a joke.

I commented about POSTS ON THE WALL which have stated many, many times that Buffalo is a pariah and good players and coaches do not want to come here.  Personally I think the POSTERS who posted such are idiots.