Is the media the problem here?

freeagentqb

46 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Blame the media.  How original.  Liberal media with its fake news.  LOL

actually the fans are more negative than the media by a mile.   It's like a loser fest on this board. It was not like this even a few years ago.  Society is sure pumping out some mentally stable people. 

Is it loserfest at wawa time ?     

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Blaming the problems of Buffalo's Major Sports Teams on the media is pretty weak.  They have no power over who gets hired and what player personnel decisions are made.  It's a ridiculous premise. 

...go back to 2004.....Moo's club was at 9-6 playing the Steelers' 3rd string......win and they're in, ending the schneid....they whiffed and ended up at 9-7 on the outside...BUT....the media termed them "up and coming.......contender in 2005...", a positive spin.......so they tanked in 2005 at 5-11 and the media turned on them again..."same 'ol Bills"......fast forward to now about Bills & Sabres.....it does appear that they may both have better FO & Administration personnel in place on paper early on...and the personnel function will take time IMO....BUT.....the on field/on ice performances continue to fuel the media negativity frenzy and it is definitely NOT the other way around.....IF it was remotely true, we have far, FAR bigger problems with BOTH organizations....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I blame Rodak and Sully. The two are media sadists that enjoy torturing an extremely loyal fan base with their incessant negativity.  

....but doesn't the redundantly woeful on-field product have a bit of something to do with THEIR negativity or even TBD negativity???..........

There's definitely a losing culture surrounding both teams.  When the media keeps asking you if your team is somehow going to screw it up, just like every year, I'm sure it doesn't help their mental state.

That said, the organization is ultimately accountable.  I think the Pegulas are trying their best to win - unlike Ralph the issue isn't money or lack of attention.  I think they've just made two very poor choices in Rex and McDermott.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but doesn't the redundantly woeful on-field product have a bit of something to do with THEIR negativity or even TBD negativity???..........

Yes. But when you are down and frustrated you have to blame somebody. 

Nope, not the media's fault. The media is interested in selling newspapers and keeping the fans attention on themselves. Creating news and creating controversy. That said, they don't influence poor team management and player evaluation. They don't influence coaching blunders and in-game play calling and or adjustments to scheme. They don't influence player's ability and their desire to win. We as fans continue to support losing franchises and funding undeserving superstar life styles. Sports are entertainment and athletes, entertainers. If our sports were a play or a movie or a musical, etc, both teams would have shutdown years ago. We continue to support substandard product and then fail to encourage those who play for the love of the game. Support Friday night football like they do in Texas. Go to a UB Bulls game and show support for these guys who most will not be playing on Sunday's. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Nope, not the media's fault. The media is interested in selling newspapers and keeping the fans attention on themselves. Creating news and creating controversy. That said, they don't influence poor team management and player evaluation. They don't influence coaching blunders and in-game play calling and or adjustments to scheme. They don't influence player's ability and their desire to win. We as fans continue to support losing franchises and funding undeserving superstar life styles. Sports are entertainment and athletes, entertainers. If our sports were a play or a movie or a musical, etc, both teams would have shutdown years ago. We continue to support substandard product and then fail to encourage those who play for the love of the game. Support Friday night football like they do in Texas. Go to a UB Bulls game and show support for these guys who most will not be playing on Sunday's. 

....and as long as woeful performances (sure they'll bypass new regimes and the necessary or reasonable time for them to develop both clubs) provide them with fuel, they will light the "proverbial and controversial fires" to sell, sell, sell....nature of the beast..............

9 minutes ago, bobm said:

Well, I thought I was on to something  -  guess not.  I'll let myself out........

....you're fine....it was a legitimate question...and people responded with their opinions.....if the media "tail" was "wagging the Bills and Sabres personnel" into a self-pity frenzy, the current holes would be a helluva lot deeper...............

5 hours ago, bobm said:

Trying to figure out what our problems are. Bills and Sabres - many, many different players, coaches and staff and schemes, etc. We still lose in spite of all these changes and still have a fragile loser mentality which seems to snowball at any hint of adversity. What is the constant or common denominator? - Maybe, just maybe the constant in all of this is the constant negative media and coverage that continually pick at any sore wound. I'm starting to believe its affecting all of us and our teams with a not good enough, never win, here we go again attitude. Negativity reigns supreme. Just my humble opinion.

Really???!

Reporting on suckiness does not a problem make.