Is the media the problem here?

freeagentqb

Trying to figure out what our problems are. Bills and Sabres - many, many different players, coaches and staff and schemes, etc. We still lose in spite of all these changes and still have a fragile loser mentality which seems to snowball at any hint of adversity. What is the constant or common denominator? - Maybe, just maybe the constant in all of this is the constant negative media and coverage that continually pick at any sore wound. I'm starting to believe its affecting all of us and our teams with a not good enough, never win, here we go again attitude. Negativity reigns supreme. Just my humble opinion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Blaming the problems of Buffalo's Major Sports Teams on the media is pretty weak.  They have no power over who gets hired and what player personnel decisions are made.  It's a ridiculous premise. 

They have all the power to influence the emotions of the public

Blame the media.  How original.  Liberal media with its fake news.  LOL

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

blaming the media is like blaming the fans.

it just doesn't make sense.

actually the fans are more negative than the media by a mile.   It's like a loser fest on this board. It was not like this even a few years ago.  Society is sure pumping out some mentally stable people. 

Who knows? Your take is as plausible as anyone elses’.  Not likely though. I will say I have never seen an NFL team start 5-2, look pretty good. Then get blown away three in a row looking like the worst team in the league by far.  That just speaks to a fragile makeup.  The Sabres are in a league of their own.  Terrible chemistry, no accountability, mentally weak, poor goaltending. And really, there’s zero help on the farm so no hope of getting better soon.  That’s a product that has declined. I’m shocked if they get 10k per game after January unless it’s Canadians coming to watch their teams. To blame it on the negative media though is a reach.

Well for me personally I do think the media has played a small role in the disfuncton. The media job is to report the news and ask tough questions WHEN NEEDED. I give you an example. Take Coach Sal at WGR. During press conferences he asks football related questions that are pertainent 

in a PROFESSIONAL manor which is how its surpose to be done. In contrast take Sully at the Buffalo News. He gets real sarcastic when speaking like he knows more than them  and colllectively they put on due pressure on the coaches and players and you may say what does that matter. Well that puts pressure on the OWNER to make changes when staying the course should be a option. How long would the media give a rookie QB before they nickpick every throw. They are worst than the fans that they write for. Most of the media is wantabees who think they are the smartest people in the room (Mike Schoop) when most of them cant hold the jock strap of the players and coaches they cover

Edited by Protocal69

The media can be blamed in part for fueling the giant weekly swings in opinion about this team.  If from week to week you read the articles and listen to media talk the Bills go from great to sucking in a matter of days.  Very little of what is written includes analysis of substance. 

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Blame the media.  How original.  Liberal media with its fake news.  LOL

actually the fans are more negative than the media by a mile.   It's like a loser fest on this board. It was not like this even a few years ago.  Society is sure pumping out some mentally stable people. 

you know nedboy, I don't know how long you've been a fan but not only the last couple decades but the last three games this season alone can and has turned the fans sour. maybe you're a glutton for punishment? for you to question those fans, call them pathetic or question their mental stability is showing a very weak observation on your part and at the end of the day you should actually question yourself on your pathetic opinion of those fans. why in the world would you even let it bother you? if you want to drink the kool-aide and praise the team who is and has been losing year in and year out, that is your prerogative.  just as it is their prerogative who don't drink the kool-aide or support the incompetence that has been the buffalo bills for all of the 21st century.

just a suggestion, if you can't take it, why come here just to complain about it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

They have all the power to influence the emotions of the public

They don't influence me. I'm able to watch a game and understand all by myself. Maybe weak people are influenced, but how does that effect the team?