A Challenge

Foreigner

Out of all the nonsense that has come out of Coach McDermott the past few weeks, and the silence from

our apparently GM, and Ownership, you would think that someone in charge would challenge this team;

and its coaches to actually play NFL football this Sunday.

Has anyone actually said we stunk, and we need to coach or play better?

Is there any fire in anyone's  belly at OBD?

Has anyone gone into the film room and shown the D why they have been the worse in Bills history

the past three weeks?

Maybe other people feel different, but I would rather lose by a point with 0:00 left on the clock

than by 60-10.

Say something else Coach the next few days, besides saying I am going back to Taylor. That is something

that was a given. Tell us something we don't know. Challenge yourself and your players.

It is a privilege to be in the NFL on Thanksgiving day. Show us on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

No one has any idea what is said inside the walls at OBD.  I'm sure they are telling each other that everything is fine. :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Out of all the nonsense that has come out of Coach McDermott the past few weeks, and the silence from

our apparently GM, and Ownership, you would think that someone in charge would challenge this team;

Has anyone gone into the film room and shown the D why they have been the worse in Bills history

the past three weeks?

Maybe other people feel different, but I would rather lose by a point with 0:00 left on the clock

than by 60-10.

Say something else Coach the next few days, besides saying I am going back to Taylor. That is something

that was a given. Tell us something we don't know. Challenge yourself and your players.

We all know there is a lack of talent. That on D starters Ragland, Dareus, Darby, Gilmour were sent packing,

and you know who on O, but when teams scheme the right way and really TRY, then a awful 1-8 team

like the Giants can beat division leaders like Kansas City.

IMO the Bills have one of the weakest talented teams in the NFL. McDermott's fatal flaw was the false hope the wins gave the fan base.

Flip the schedule.... have us lose the first 6 out of 9 games and end with 5 and 2 and we are pretty hopeful moving forward - THIS would have fit the proper narratibe of this team and as fans we would have had more faith into what was going on.

2 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

IMO the Bills have one of the weakest talented teams in the NFL. McDermott's fatal flaw was the false hope the wins gave the fan base.

Flip the schedule.... have us lose the first 6 out of 9 games and end with 5 and 2 and we are pretty hopeful moving forward - THIS would have fit the proper narratibe of this team and as fans we would have had more faith into what was going on.

Excellent post! The 2017 Buffalo Bills are the result of 17 years of poor drafting, coaching, Front Office, and poor overall organizational culture; anyone expecting McDermott or Beane  to overcome this in the first year is naive. There was no talent on this team going into 2017 - and Dareus, Watkins, or Darby would not have changed anything. The first test for the new regime is the 2018 draft, if it's bad then the heat will be legitimate and warranted! 

11 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Excellent post! The 2017 Buffalo Bills are the result of 17 years of poor drafting, coaching, Front Office, and poor overall organizational culture; anyone expecting McDermott or Beane  to overcome this in the first year is naive. There was no talent on this team going into 2017 - and Dareus, Watkins, or Darby would not have changed anything. The first test for the new regime is the 2018 draft, if it's bad then the heat will be legitimate and warranted! 

I genuinely don't understand this opinion.  The current FO, not the previous one(s), gutted the roster of talent and brought in the the aging vets that aren't producing.  Perhaps the only thing you could blame Whaley for is not finding the franchise QB. But even then, he brought in the best QB we've had since Bledsoe.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I genuinely don't understand this opinion.  The current FO, not the previous one(s), gutted the roster of talent and brought in the the aging vets that aren't producing.  Perhaps the only thing you could blame Whaley for is not finding the franchise QB. But even then, he brought in the best QB we've had since Bledsoe.

Winner! 

I'm currently watching Case Keenum lead the Vikings to the playoffs. Maybe building a team around a QB isn't a bad idea so when the top guy goes down, you can still win....

We could've kept all those guys or a majority, and still had 2 firsts.....That's something that gets lost here. 

Edited by Elite Poster

8 hours ago, Foreigner said:

the past three weeks?

than by 60-10.

You probably didn't get the memo on this one, but haven't you heard?..............were in the hunt, bro.

Apparently, that's all that matters.

9 hours ago, Foreigner said:

the past three weeks?

than by 60-10.

A sonnet should have 16 lines

8 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

It's a very bleak situation and if not for a very soft early schedule this team no doubt would be sitting with 2 or 3 wins max right now and be where most expected them before the season.

This is why it's almost a worst case scenario for this regime even if they don't win another game because they managed 5 too many wins with one of the worst rosters in the NFL. Year after year the Bills cheat themselves out of a top 3 - 5 draft pick and end up picking around the #10 overall spot which misses the elite blue chip players in most cases including QB's, DE, LT, etc types that are truly franchise changers.