Thanksgiving Football: What to Watch For

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Their FG kicker was injured.  He missed one, and the next time they went for a first down on a fourth down rather than kick.  They failed and the ball went over to Dallas.  With a decent FG kicker the score could have been 9-0 in the first half.  The failed/unattempted FGs were both less than 40 yards so they shouldn't have been too hard for a pro kicker.

So the amazing team that might be 3rd best in the AFC right now with a franchise QB and great HC could only manage FGs in the 1st half and couldn't convert 4ths that they went for?

Funny thing is, almost all the Chargers wins have come against teams the Bills have also beaten (except Dallas) and yet those wins are looked at as unimpressive for the Bills and great for SD. And i am counting last week too because the Bills have also beat themselves badly this year too.....

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I did see, the point is Dallas was terrible on both sides of the ball.  Tyrod would have been crucified if he had the first half Dak did.  

But no way Dak is being pulled (though they are out of the playoff race).  I'd say Dallas should be looking at a QB in the off season as Dak has been exposed too....

Watching Dak and the Cowboys play, i dont feel as bad having Tyrod as a starter...... For a supposed franchise guy, he looks unimpressive without a RB.

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Chargers have:  Browns, Redskins, Jets, Raiders coming up.  4 games in which they should be anywhere between 3 point and 9 point favorites.  Also KC on the road. We'll know more after Sunday, but that one could be winnable too.  Chargers look to me to be the 3rd best team in the AFC now (Pats/Steelers), and they absolutely could sneak in.

Please...the Chargers are the Chargers. Over the last 7 year's Rivers has won 5 more games than the combination of Fitz, EJ, Orton, Tuel, Lewis, Taylor and Peterman and any other QB I forgot in there since 2010 and have made the playoffs once. He had Keenan Allen, Gates, etc on offense...

Another example of a franchise QB putting up huge numbers that doesnt turn into victories similar to Cousins.

They will end up 8-8 most likely and miss the playoffs. 

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

Please...the Chargers are the Chargers. Over the last 7 year's Rivers has won 5 more games than the combination of Fitz, EJ, Orton, Tuel, Lewis, Taylor and Peterman and any other QB I forgot in there since 2010. He had Keenan Allen, Gates, etc on offense...

They will end up 8-8 most likely and miss the playoffs. 

Probably true. But if not some crappy team - Titans, Ravens, even ... Bills - is going to make it, and right now there's no doubt the Chargers are better than the competition.

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

he will want and get close to $30 mil/yr.

I would do it.

I don't know, I don't think the amount matters as much to him, I think he wants year on the deal for job security. He's been happy to play for the tag the last few years cause he believed it would lead to long term deals, since it hasn't it's either he get one from the skins or he gets one elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for 25 mil or less a year if it gets him a 5+ year deal somewhere.

I would definitely take him here even at that amount. He is a proven top end starter and although maybe not elite, he is still a guy you can win with. If they could sign him and get another in the draft with a late 1st or 2nd, they could use the rest of their picks to fill the other holes

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know, I don't think the amount matters as much to him, I think he wants year on the deal for job security. He's been happy to play for the tag the last few years cause he believed it would lead to long term deals, since it hasn't it's either he get one from the skins or he gets one elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for 25 mil or less a year if it gets him a 5+ year deal somewhere.

I would definitely take him here even at that amount. He is a proven top end starter and although maybe not elite, he is still a guy you can win with. If they could sign him and get another in the draft with a late 1st or 2nd, they could use the rest of their picks to fill the other holes

I'm not a big Cousins fan but he is definitely a better passer than Tyrod and would do really well on a team built around him IMO. I dunno if he can win a superbowl though. 

Washington completely mishandled him as far as contract goes IMO. They could have spent the same money they have on him in a real contract and had him locked up.