Are we missing Felton?

tlfcbb

I know the management have decided to go a different route at FB but I thought Felton was able to open up some good running lanes for Shady and MG.  Shady looked like he enjoyed running behind him and he is also a very good short yardage guy.  Add his blocking ability and I think he could still offer something to the team that we don't have now.  What I don't know is how his contract would work if we were to re-sign him.

4 minutes ago, tlfcbb said:

Not another one. A different one.  I believe Felton gave us more last year that DiMarco has this year.

DiMarco has been fine when used and is on 4 year deal. Felton isn't coming back. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, tlfcbb said:

I know the management have decided to go a different route at FB but I thought Felton was able to open up some good running lanes for Shady and MG.  Shady looked like he enjoyed running behind him and he is also a very good short yardage guy.  Add his blocking ability and I think he could still offer something to the team that we don't have now.  What I don't know is how his contract would work if we were to re-sign him.

I think the offensive line under Kromer's tutelage is what we're missing.  We basically have the same guys up front, but different coaches and now a zone blocking scheme.  So, I don't think we're missing Felton, but rather a competent offensive coaching staff.

2 hours ago, tlfcbb said:

Happy Thanksgiving Jerome!

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DiMarco has been fine when used and is on 4 year deal. Felton isn't coming back. 

I won't pretend that I'm rewinding the DVR to specifically watch Felton or DiMarco's blocking, but PFF does that as part of their business, and they say DiMarco's been just fine (#4 rated FB). Look, it's a limited role, but it's right up there now with the least of the Bills' problems.