McDermott: "In the Hunt"

26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

So many pathetic losers.  I don't remember Buffalo being like this.  Must be some real choice gems posting.  All you losers do is bash the team the coach the players.  I wonder why you even watch. 

oh nedboy, there you go again allowing those who don't wear the glasses or drink the kool-aide ruin your day.

what's pathetic is you thinking anyone gives a !@#$ what you think.

have an extra serving of pumpkin pie and put an extra scoop of cool whip on it and find something much better to worry about.

poor fella.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

oh nedboy, there you go again allowing those who don't wear the glasses or drink the kool-aide ruin your day.

have an extra serving of pumpkin pie and put an extra scoop of cool whip on it and find something much better to worry about.

poor fella.

...Day Care is closed today and parents are not supervising...........

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

poor fella.

I don't think SDS will appreciate you trying to get around the swearing detection system...

11 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I expected him to improve on the defence not regress. That's asking a lot?

A big reason they are trash is because he decided to trade good players away. That's on him

2015 - 24th

2016 - 27th

2017 - 21st

Not great, but not regressing.

And not nearly as sloppy as the last two years with players running around like chickens with their heads cut off before snaps.

And Beane traded away the players, not McDermott, fwiw.

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No they weren't. What media was? Are there any facts you can actually point to?

You were wrong on point a and try to deflect with this. This all has nothing to do with McDermott. Whether it's releasing Gilmore or your interpretation of the media's reaction.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/05/3-reasons-bills-cant-afford-to-lose-cb-stephon-gilmore/

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-free-agency-re-sign-offseason-contracts-patriots-cowboys-steelers-chiefs-122916

Gilmore was a "must resign"

20 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Belichick never coached a team that got butt-whipped as badly as consistently as McDermott's Bills, either.

McD never started 0-4 in his first season either. 

22 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It must be something in the water in Allegany County ...

You must have been a fan of Whaley's "Trade EVERYTHING NOW FOR 9 WINS" system

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I don't think SDS will appreciate you trying to get around the swearing detection system...

who was trying to get around it? seems if one were to use acronyms then I could see a problem but it looks as though it's filtered to show characters in place of letters leaving those not knowing what swear word was used?

are we in a bubble here?

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You can think and say what you want.

I'm personally hesitant to judge a man I've never met - and only know from a few interviews and pressers - so harshly.  

Not judging the man as a person but as a coach. Thinking he can coach up any level of talent, getting rid of players who they could have kept for at least a season, could have eased the transition. But no, his actions with Beane are clearly indicative of egoistic tendencies. Those decisions plus the unforgivable mis-judgement on Peterman's readiness to play is blowing up in his face. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

2015 - 24th

2016 - 27th

2017 - 21st

Not great, but not regressing.

And not nearly as sloppy as the last two years with players running around like chickens with their heads cut off before snaps.

And Beane traded away the players, not McDermott, fwiw.

21st is for defence?

I believe they are 27th in yards and 30th in points. If you are referring to 21st I'm guessing that's total defence when they were getting tons of turnovers the first 6 weeks. Obviously not sustainable

The defence is getting worse as the year goes on as well.

Which tells me teams are figuring out his scheme and the Bills haven't adjusted.

Very low talent like you've said, but this is the defence him and Beane are making and it's simply terrible right now

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

So many pathetic losers.  I don't remember Buffalo being like this.  Must be some real choice gems posting.  All you losers do is bash the team the coach the players.  I wonder why you even watch. 

17 years soon to be 18.

Fans have every right to bash this pathetic organization from top to bottom. And when another (not as) terrible team like the Ravens or Chargers makes the playoffs this year with an 8-8 record it will sting even more knowing this team squandered another chance in a down season to get in.

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

17 years soon to be 18.

Fans have every right to bash this pathetic organization from top to bottom. And when another (not as) terrible team like the Ravens or Chargers makes the playoffs this year with an 8-8 record it will sting even more knowing this team squandered another chance in a down season to get in.

...Jesus, in a top to bottom year of newness, MAJOR transition and upheaval, what the hell did you LOGICALLY expect?....only damn thing that happens OVERNIGHT is jello.......seriously?...

23 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Thats right. They want team players. Not selfish, all about them players

That defense look like "team players" last few weeks?:lol:

Whole lotta' very personal , selfish business decisions getting made on that side of the ball.........lotta' guys not taking on blocks, not maintaining gap responsibilities,  arm tackling or just throwing shoulders and simply not flying to the football.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That defense look like "team players" last few weeks?:lol:

Whole lotta' very personal , selfish business decisions getting made on that side of the ball.........lotta' guys not taking on blocks, not maintaining gap responsibilities,  arm tackling or just throwing shoulders and simply not flying to the football.

I think its not selfishness. If it was they wouldnt be on the team. Mcdermott has shown you and the world he wont tolerate that. I put it on the coaching staff and some of it on tge actuall athletic ability of some of the players. You had to have seen Alexander get burned in coverage multiple times. That is isnt selfishness, thats poor coaching, and lack of athletic ability. Similarly, the multiple times Allen got home big wasnt due to selfishness but rather the ridiculous notion that any backer in the league let alone the bills can cover him.

so while it my seem very cursory at the depth you are looking at it rest assured these players arent behaving selfishly as in any many consistent with Sammy or Dareus. 

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol how's that working out for them so far?

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol how's that working out for them so far?

Like I stated un the previous post that hasnt been fully appreciated. For a historically bad franchise being run by some of the worst NFL people in the league, the notion that the Bills were going to compete for a deep playoff spot or a championship is just unrealistic, naïveté, and juvenile to boot. There is literally no way this team is going to compete without flushing it of the stench that has been the buffalo bills for multiple decades. That takes some time. Im willing to wait, because frankly there is no other option.

4 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I think its not selfishness. If it was they wouldnt be on the team. Mcdermott has shown you and the world he wont tolerate that. I put it on the coaching staff and some of it on tge actuall athletic ability of some of the players. You had to have seen Alexander get burned in coverage multiple times. That is isnt selfishness, thats poor coaching, and lack of athletic ability. Similarly, the multiple times Allen got home big wasnt due to selfishness but rather the ridiculous notion that any backer in the league let alone the bills can cover him.

so while it my seem very cursory at the depth you are looking at it rest assured these players arent behaving selfishly as in any many consistent with Sammy or Dareus. 

Like I stated un the previous post that hasnt been fully appreciated. For a historically bad franchise being run by some of the worst NFL people in the league, the notion that the Bills were going to compete for a deep playoff spot or a championship is just unrealistic, naïveté, and juvenile to boot. There is literally no way this team is going to compete without flushing it of the stench that has been the buffalo bills for multiple decades. That takes some time. Im willing to wait, because frankly there is no other option.

It shouldn't take 3 to 5 years to turn around a franchise. Want a few examples?

Seahawks in 2012, chiefs in 2013, Rams this year.

I didn't expect the bills to make the playoffs this year but I also didn't expect them to regress massively on both sides of  the ball including having one of the worst defences in the league with a "defensive head coach"

11 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Who has been the best player on defense?

Micah Hyde right?

Check out his attempt at a tackle on the play he got hurt.

Just tossed a shoulder in........didn't want to wrap up.

Nobody on that defense has been all-in.

This year was supposed to be different......and it is a TYPICAL mid-season doldrums run killing playoff aspirations by the Bills..........but it is different because it's WORSE than it's EVER BEEN.

Worst string of defense in team history and worst half of QB play by an NFL QB by Nate Peterman since the Bills have been IN the NFL.  :lol:

9 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It shouldn't take 3 to 5 years to turn around a franchise. Want a few examples?

Seahawks in 2012, chiefs in 2013, Rams this year.

I didn't expect the bills to make the playoffs this year but I also didn't expect them to regress massively on both sides of  the ball including having one of the worst defences in the league with a "defensive head coach"

Every football team is different. 

The seahawks team you referenced had a majority of that talent (unselfish team players) before 2012 and werent in salary cap hell.

The 2012 chiefs was exactly the same.

The Rams just got their franchise qb.

these things take time.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who has been the best player on defense?

Micah Hyde right?

Check out his attempt at a tackle on the play he got hurt.

Just tossed a shoulder in........didn't want to wrap up.

Nobody on that defense has been all-in.

This year was supposed to be different......and it is a TYPICAL mid-season doldrums run killing playoff aspirations by the Bills..........but it is different because it's WORSE than it's EVER BEEN.

Worst string of defense in team history and worst half of QB play by an NFL QB by Nate Peterman since the Bills have been IN the NFL.  :lol:

So he got hurt on a tackle attmpet yet that is somehow deemed selfish?

You and I bith know thats not the case. There were plenty of other Hyde tackles during the half of football. Its more likely he was trying to dislodge the ball to get the offense the ball back.

It makes me laugh that the thought is if Peterman started against KC The Bills would be in danger of "Losing the locker room at least the veterans" yet it's those veterans that are leading this giant bag of flaming dog poo. The QB controversy is a joke but not as big of a joke as this defense has become . 135 points in 3 games!?!? That's the joke. And I hope McDermott told these marshmallows that in the locker room after practice. These Sorry ass soft creampuffs couldn't stop a leaky faucet. I love how the QB situation is deflecting the real issue here. Not to mention the absolute turnstile the O line has become. ???????