McDermott: "In the Hunt"

26CornerBlitz

42 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I get what you're saying but i still disagree with it. 

I would rather him come out and say something like... "our last 3 performances were awful and that starts with me as a coach. We are still alive and we are Right in the hunt and we will do everything we can to get back to the way we know how to play".

Not sound like a phony optimist. 

I'm pretty sure a player would rather hear the coach say something like I mentioned above instead of pretending like everything is ok. I don't think the players buy that for one second

I don't see.that there's much different between that and what he's said.  He's said "that's not the way we want to play."  You said "We played bad."   What's the diff?  

He hasn't pretended everything is okay.  He's said they have a lot to fix. 

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Well they'd probably be 32nd without them.

Dude, he's a coach, not a miracle worker. What do you expect? This roster is trash. Yes, even before all of the trades.

I expected him to improve on the defence not regress. That's asking a lot?

A big reason they are trash is because he decided to trade good players away. That's on him

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Gilmore was a free agent. Hyde is good, Poyer has regressed a lot since his hot start.

Bills on offence are ranked 27th in yards, would probably be closer to 32 if it wasn't for garbage time stats the last 3 games

Bills on defence are 25th in yards and 30th points. The sad part is this guy is supposed to be a defensive coach. Hyde and White are good, but if they are 30th in points, what good is that? Got to look at the big picture. They have sooo many holes on that defence

The Bills also have virtually no young talent on their team with the exception of Tre White.

So once again, what exactly has Mcd done? They have regressed big time on both sides on the ball and they probably have the worst young talent in the NFL

But he's done a god job so far, right?

What good has that done though? They are 30th in points

God, that's a brutal recitation.  

The Bills  may be the worst team in the league, and may not even be close. 

Edited by Shaw66

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

God, that's a brutal recitation.  

The Bios may be the worst team in the league, and may not even be close. 

What exactly is brutal? That I'm stating facts about their offensive and defensive ranks?

Edited by billsfan11

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I expected him to improve on the defence not regress. That's asking a lot?

A big reason they are trash is because he decided to trade good players away. That's on him

You're right.  And I've been waiting for someone to say this for the past several weeks:  Anyone know who's leading the league in tackles?  Right. Zach Brown. 

Brown. Dareus. Darby. Gilmore. No one shoukdntell usnthat it isn't McD's fault he has no talent. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

What exactly is brutal? That I'm stating facts about their offensive and defensive ranks?

I'm agreeing with you.  It's brutal to look at those numbers.  Its what made me post that the Bills could be the worst tsam in the league. 

Edited by Shaw66

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You're right.  And I've been waiting for someone to say this for the past several weeks:  Anyone know who's leading the league in tackles?  Right. Zach Brown. 

Brown. Dareus. Darby. Gilmore. No one shoukdntell usnthat it isn't McD's fault he has no talent. 

I'm agreeing with you.  It's brutal to look at those numbers.  Its what made me post that the Bills could be the worst tsam ib thw league. 

Oh sorry buddy, misunderstood you.

Ya it really is frustrating right now. I expected them to improve alot on defence this year

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Kicked out garbage like Gilmore and brought in goodness like Hyde and Poyer. Also led the team to a 5-2 start, during which your negativity was strangely absent. 

If you're a Bills enthusiast you would have known Gilmore was going to be gone regardless. The team wasn't going to pay him what he wanted. 

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If you're a Bills enthusiast you would have known Gilmore was going to be gone regardless. The team wasn't going to pay him what he wanted. 

I also know that the media was giving us hell for NOT resigning him

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I also know that the media was giving us hell for NOT resigning him

No they weren't. What media was? Are there any facts you can actually point to?

You were wrong on point a and try to deflect with this. This all has nothing to do with McDermott. Whether it's releasing Gilmore or your interpretation of the media's reaction.

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You can think and say what you want.

I'm personally hesitant to judge a man I've never met - and only know from a few interviews and pressers - so harshly.  

Wow man... save it for church. He is making reasonable judgments from the pressers.

He said he had an ego and was full of it. He didn't call him a horrible person based upon the pressers.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Oh, just...!@#$ him.  

They were in the hunt before he started Peterman.  Pretending they are now is ridiculously, stupidly patronizing, to fans and players.

Don't hold back.  It sounds as though you think he's an.....

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think what McD means is that we are still very much so in the hunt and its time to take some batshit crazy chances.  Really shake things up.  Switch the offense with the defense, fake punts on first down, lots and lots of flea flickers. Lets get weird!!!!

I think it was Shaw66 who suggested we give all the D smartphones and let them wander around texting - they might have better odds of running into ball carriers that way

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

You are happy with Mcd so far?

Name one good thing he has done so far. And trading away good players for mid to late round picks would not be considered good in my books

Isn't the GM Mr Beane supposed to be in charge of these moves?

At the risk of being annoying, for some reason this song came to mind.

Ah, let's go to the hunt
Let's go to the hunt, (oh baby)
Let's go to the hunt, (oh baby)
Let's go to the hunt
Come on, let's go to the hunt

Then I am picturing McD and Beane and the coaches singing this to get the players psyched up. Maybe it won't work so well.

• Like (+1) 1

I knew this would happen, which is why Peterman should have started from the beginning. Peterman would have sailed or failed and know we are not in a good position to draft a QB.

5 hours ago, wppete said:

McDermott talks a lot of nonesense. He is full of himself. Ego is massive.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. McDermott is not ego driven he just doesn't want to tell us what's going on like most coaches. Just listening to him talk you can see he not an arrogant grandiose coach like Rex was.