McDermott: "In the Hunt"

26CornerBlitz

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

You guys probably would have wanted Belichek gone after the first 5-11 season. 

You are happy with Mcd so far?

Name one good thing he has done so far. And trading away good players for mid to late round picks would not be considered good in my books

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

You are happy with Mcd so far?

Name one good thing he has done so far. And trading away good players for mid to late round picks would not be considered good in my books

Kicked out garbage like Gilmore and brought in goodness like Hyde and Poyer. Also led the team to a 5-2 start, during which your negativity was strangely absent. 

10 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Kicked out garbage like Gilmore and brought in goodness like Hyde and Poyer. Also led the team to a 5-2 start, during which your negativity was strangely absent. 

Gilmore was a free agent. Hyde is good, Poyer has regressed a lot since his hot start.

Bills on offence are ranked 27th in yards, would probably be closer to 32 if it wasn't for garbage time stats the last 3 games

Bills on defence are 25th in yards and 30th points. The sad part is this guy is supposed to be a defensive coach. Hyde and White are good, but if they are 30th in points, what good is that? Got to look at the big picture. They have sooo many holes on that defence

The Bills also have virtually no young talent on their team with the exception of Tre White.

So once again, what exactly has Mcd done? They have regressed big time on both sides on the ball and they probably have the worst young talent in the NFL

But he's done a god job so far, right?

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Acquisitions of Hyde and Poyer was good. 

What good has that done though? They are 30th in points

Edited by billsfan11

19 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I agree 100 percent. I wonder if he actually believes the garbage he says

I think the Bills are hopeless, but think about it for a minute.   He's a coach.   He's supposed to be leading 53 men and getting them to perform their best.   He MUST tell his team they're in the hunt.   He can't stand in front of them and say "We suck.  We're just trying to figure out how not to embarrass ourselves again."   Can't say that.   So if he can't say it to his team, he can't say it in public.  

Until they're mathematically eliminated, he has to say this stuff.  

I'm really scared.   There's a good chance that KC will roll over the Bills on Sunday.   They're home, they're desperate, they have better talent and they're better coached.   It's a real good bet that the Pats will roll over the Bills, too.   It's quite possible that the Bills put together the ugliest five-game stretch in the history of the league.   It's possible they'll give up 200 points in five games.   

Let's see what McDermott has to say when THAT happens.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I think the Bills are hopeless, but think about it for a minute.   He's a coach.   He's supposed to be leading 53 men and getting them to perform their best.   He MUST tell his team they're in the hunt.   He can't stand in front of them and say "We suck.  We're just trying to figure out how not to embarrass ourselves again."   Can't say that.   So if he can't say it to his team, he can't say it in public.  

Until they're mathematically eliminated, he has to say this stuff.  

I'm really scared.   There's a good chance that KC will roll over the Bills on Sunday.   They're home, they're desperate, they have better talent and they're better coached.   It's a real good bet that the Pats will roll over the Bills, too.   It's quite possible that the Bills put together the ugliest five-game stretch in the history of the league.   It's possible they'll give up 200 points in five games.   

I get what you're saying but i still disagree with it. 

I would rather him come out and say something like... "our last 3 performances were awful and that starts with me as a coach. We are still alive and we are Right in the hunt and we will do everything we can to get back to the way we know how to play".

Not sound like a phony optimist. 

I'm pretty sure a player would rather hear the coach say something like I mentioned above instead of pretending like everything is ok. I don't think the players buy that for one second

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's quite possible that the Bills put together the ugliest five-game stretch in the history of the league.   It's possible they'll give up 200 points in five games.   

Lets see what he has to say to his boss when that happens.  It’s going to happen.  The question is, does Terry think that it’s an acceptable outcome?  Was Terry warned that a historically un-competitive product would be fielded this season?  Did Terry sanction Beane standing up after the Watkins trade and assuring the fans (after season ticket sales had closed) that the team was committed to winning in 2017?  We’ll see.

17 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Bills on offence are ranked 27th in yards, would probably be closer to 32 if it wasn't for garbage time stats the last 3 games

Bills on defence are 25th in yards and 30th points. The sad part is this guy is supposed to be a defensive coach. Hyde and White are good, but if they are 30th in points, what good is that? Got to look at the big picture. They have sooo many holes on that defence

This may sound cruel, but those who spell offense and defense wrong after 2,000 posts should be put to death.

What honestly pissed me off about this topic is that he kept saying last week that they were "in the hunt".  No dumbash, you guys were solely in possession of your own spot.  Other teams were in the hunt.  He was trying to gloss over throwing a rookie out there saying we were in the hunt.  We weren't.  We were firmly all alone in the last playoff spot.  Tied with nobody.  Everyone else in the AFC was in the hunt.  Not us.

UGH.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Just remember, most of these guys are basically gym teachers who’ve made it very far.  It helps me to think about it that way sometimes.

Should they hire a guy with a Masters in Marketing to run the show?