Darrelle Revis Signs with KC

26CornerBlitz

Bill Barnwell ESPN Staff Writer 

The Chiefs have rotated between Terrance Mitchell, Kenneth Acker, and Phillip Gaines for different stretches at cornerback across from Marcus Peters. With nobody claiming the job for themselves, they've finally convinced Darrelle Revis to come in and compete for a starting job. Revis Island might be closed for good, but if Bob Sutton can coax a Revis Toll Booth out of the 32-year-old, the Chiefs will be delighted.

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

A 4 yard reception.....the great Sammy Watkins' signature moment as a Bill!!  

A 4 yard reception?  Yes.  Also a first down.  How many times has this year's team gotten 8 or 9 yards on first down, and ended up punting? 

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Think that was basically a game clinching first down .

It was.  People are forgetting quite a few big plays Sammy made for the Bills including the game winning TD catch at home vs MIN in his rookie year.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was.  People are forgetting quite a few big plays Sammy made for the Bills including the game winning TD catch at home vs MIN in his rookie year.  

I watched that game at bar with two other Bills fans. I remember Scott Chandler converting an 4th and 23 with a pass down the middle from Orton and Hogan's catch near the Pylon.  After Sammy caught the touchdown we were freaking out.

Along with the 58 yard FG carp kicked in Detroit, that Sammy made that ridiculous catch to set it up. 

Edited by Captain Murica

Adam Teicher ESPN Staff Writer 

Darelle Revis on signing with the Chiefs: “The reason for me returning is the fire I have, the fuel I have to continue to play this game at a high level . . . My role is to help win. Whatever is best for the team, whether my position is playing a few downs or playing in the slot, wherever coach wants to play me and feels he can utilize me to help win.''

More Darelle Revis: "I'm a big fan of Andy Reid as well. I still haven't been able to intercept one of his quarterback's passes. Now I'm actually teaming up with him.''

Darrelle Revis on Chiefs CB Marcus Peters: "He's awesome. Marcus Peters is really awesome. I love the way he plays. I've been on the other side, playing against him and (he) made plays and being a little bit upset in terms of being competitive and wanting to win. He's (taken) the league by storm. A very talented player and I'm excited about what we can do.

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Yes -  He had one catch that day.  This one that won the ballgame.  Hard to put a price on greatness. 

He actually had three that night, but light Revis up in the season finale with 11 catches for 136 yards.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz