Reggie Ragland's play for the chiefs

berg1029

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you don't mind the offense falling off a cliff this year then you don't mind trading Watkins and letting Gillislee walk.    This offense has been brutal to watch as a result and probably altered the trajectory of several careers on the Bills........which is generally NOT a good thing when it happens to this organization.   Pretty sure Peterman was the player they picked with the MG pick but either way Matt Milano isn't the spoils of those decisions he was a late round pick they could have shuffled around any number of other ways and gotten.   Like not trading up for Zay Jones, for instance.   Garbage, play-not-to lose football because of a self-inflicted lack of Jimmy's and Joe's.    

Peterman, Milano.  I’d take either of them and their contract over gillislee and his contract.  They won that decision imo.  They lost in their plan B.  Really lost. Of all the RBs our there, they thought Mike Tolbert was their best option.  There are many free agents that are better than he is.  Our OL failed in the offensive scheme switch.  Cordy being hurt forced us to start Jordan Mills all year.  John miller must really suck if Vlad is our Rg. Our OC has been a failure.  All of our WRs are constantly hurt.  Zay started off bad but I think he’s going to be a good one and worth the trade up.  Clay is always hurt.  And we haven’t even discussed the QB play.  Maybe all of those things occurred because we let gillislee go and traded sammy.  

Its it’s been a series of peaks and valleys so far for McBeane imo.  They’ve done some really good and some really bad.  Seeing some jauron-like decisions has me wary, but I still think we’re headed in a much better direction than in the past 18 years.  Time will tell.

Edited by NewEra

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Peterman, Milano.  I’d take either of them and their contract over gillislee and his contract.  They won that decision imo.  They lost in their plan B.  Really lost. Of all the RBs our there, they thought Mike Tolbert was their best option.  There are many free agents that are better than he is.  Our OL failed in the offensive scheme switch.  Cordy being hurt forced us to start Jordan Mills all year.  John miller must really suck if Vlad is our Rg. Our OC has been a failure.  All of our WRs are constantly hurt.  Zay started off bad but I think he’s going to be a good one and worth the trade up.  Clay is always hurt.  And we haven’t even discussed the QB play.  Maybe all of those things occurred because we let gillislee go and traded sammy.  

Its it’s been a series of peaks and valleys so far for McBeane imo.  They’ve done some really good and some really bad.  Seeing some jauron-like decisions has me wary, but I still think we’re headed in a much better direction than in the past 18 years.  Time will tell.

Do you think they lost any game because of the poor/lack of a plan at backup RB?

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Losing in Plan B matters wrt plan A.  The original excuse was that it was a good RB draft and they could then just use a pick to get one of them.   I mean if you are looking at it like that why trade up for Zay Jones?  How about trading BACK and getting an Alvin Kamara and more picks?   I don't hate Zay Jones but I'm not thrilled with a big slot receiver being taken that early.    That's like the fullback of the receiving corps.........most teams don't want one.....that's what tight ends are for and TE's offer much more versatility.   Then they dealt for two more of them in Matthews and Benjamin.:lol:   

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do you think they lost any game because of the poor/lack of a plan at backup RB?

Rarely a game in which any team loses the game because of a backup running back imo.   Only case really should be because of losing your starter early or because of a Bryce Brown like fumble to lose the game.  Do you think we lost a game because of our backup RB situation?  I can’t recall a game, but could be wrong.  Usually medicating during games.

I liked Gillislee and wasn’t excited when we lost him because I thought we’d bring in a competent replacement.  Whaley always did. McBeane did not and it hurt the team.  I just wouldn’t say we lost games because of it.  Sure, it may have factored in but just wasn’t the major factor from my recollection

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Losing in Plan B matters wrt plan A.  The original excuse was that it was a good RB draft and they could then just use a pick to get one of them.   I mean if you are looking at it like that why trade up for Zay Jones?  How about trading BACK and getting an Alvin Kamara and more picks?   I don't hate Zay Jones but I'm not thrilled with a big slot receiver being taken that early.    That's like the fullback of the receiving corps.........most teams don't want one.....that's what tight ends are for and TE's offer much more versatility.   Then they dealt for two more of them in Matthews and Benjamin.:lol:   

You can have a slot WR AND a TE, fwiw.  The patriots have made the slot WR work, as well as many other teams.  I get that you don’t like giving up picks for Zay and I completely understand why.  At the same time, I like the player and there was a chance we wouldn’t have gotten him unless we did trade up.  Sometimes the trade up works and sometimes it’s a mistake.  Time will tell with Jones.

the bills didn’t want to draft a RB this draft. Trading down for Kamara would’ve been a greeeeaaat idea....if they wanted a rb.  But they didn’t.  Most teams that had a 2nd rd pick before Kamara was selected would’ve been better off doing the same thing.   But they didn’t either.  They failed to properly address the backup rb spot and it made the team worse.  I said that from the start.  They unsuccessfully identified the guy they wanted to be their change of pace back as Tolbert.  Fail.  Hopefully they’ve learned for next year.  

My take from the start was that, imo, we got the better end of the deal by letting gillislee go.  The deal as an isolated entity.  I’d rather have Peterman (or Milano, whoever it was).  I believe Peterman will be an outstanding backup QB in the league.  Not a great starter, but guy I’d be very happy with as our #2.  I loved what I’ve seen from Milano as well.  Looked like our best Lb all year (not saying much, I know, but you get the point).  Just have to believe that they won’t fail again in regards to our backup rb this offseason.  If Tolbert is our #2 again next year, then I’ll seriously have to question wth they are doing.