Reggie Ragland's play for the chiefs

berg1029

39 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Brown has played fine. everyone has a bad day or so. When he looked bad so did the rest of the front seven.Bad team effort those games

Vallejo was at best a cover LB at the beginning of the season. he played teams.

agin' missing the point.

it was about maximizing value. at some point in time Dareus would have been a better opportunity to offer up. likely by the end of the season.

If Sean was making a point he could have just benched him.

Bad play by Buffalo.
But young HC is still learning.

You don't think the GM shopped him around? It is quite possible a sixth is the best offer they got.

say they take your scenario and bench him.  How does that increase his value?

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Hardly even know who Pharoh Cooper is, but Reed is okay and wasn't a need at the time with Dareus. Ragland's running downs depth at the very worst on this team. I'm not really debating the decision to draft him, just the decision to offload him, Dareus, (and I hope not Lawson) for picks that aren't worth the player value.

I remember half the board crying over losing Mike Gillislee for a 5th rd pick.  Not sure how it’ll end up down the road, but I’ll take that trade all day..  At least see what we do with the picks before bashing what we received.  Matt Milano says Hi

It’s McBeanes team.  If they don’t think guys are buying in or if they don’t think someone can fit the mold of what they are looking for at a particular position, I’m all for trading them away.  I get that people are hating on it because, to date, mcbeane hasn’t done anything relevant, but they run the show.  I expect them to make moves that will help the team.  I’m glad that they aren’t afraid to make big moves.  A team that I thought would win 4 games is in the wild card race.  They’ve done a good job so far imo.

Reggie Ragland couldn’t beat out Preston friggin Brown.  ✌?

Edited by NewEra

41 minutes ago, fridge said:

Which is what scares some of us about the coaching staff/GM.

I hear ya:  the fact that Ducasse is starting is scary to me.  Ragland coming off injury and projection as strictly a 3-4 ILB is the reason I wasn’t worried about trading him.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I remember half the board crying over losing Mike Gillislee for a 5th rd pick.  Not sure how it’ll end up down the road, but I’ll take that trade all day..  At least see what we do with the picks before bashing what we received.  Matt Milano says Hi

It’s McBeanes team.  If they don’t think guys are buying in or if they don’t think someone can fit the mold of what they are looking for at a particular position, I’m all for trading them away.  I get that people are hating on it because, to date, mcbeane hasn’t done anything relevant, but they run the show.  I expect them to make moves that will help the team.  I’m glad that they aren’t afraid to make big moves.  A team that I thought would win 4 games is in the wild card race.  They’ve done a good job so far imo.

That's a good point.

The board crucified Whaley for letting gillislee go. We don't blame the people we attribute almost every other off season decision to this year for that.

We trade Dareus for a 6th, eat salary, and then vilify Dareus to down play how horrible of a trade it was. It was an awful trade, and none of you can ever make it otherwise. The fan base is almost as frustrating as the team's decisions. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You don't think the GM shopped him around? It is quite possible a sixth is the best offer they got.

Then you don't trade him. We're eating dead cap money and that 6th round pick might not even make the team so what is even the point in making the trade at that point?

You also don't bench him. This team is being ran like a glorified high school coach is in charge.

The best players play. It's not about effort or that ****. It's about winning. We've heard a lot about effort through 17 years, where the !@#$ has effort gotten anyone. It's about talent. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

52 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's a good point.

The board crucified Whaley for letting gillislee go. We don't blame the people we attribute almost every other off season decision to this year for that.

We trade Dareus for a 6th, eat salary, and then vilify Dareus to down play how horrible of a trade it was. It was an awful trade, and none of you can ever make it otherwise. The fan base is almost as frustrating as the team's decisions. 

Then you don't trade him. We're eating dead cap money and that 6th round pick might not even make the team so what is even the point in making the trade at that point?

You also don't bench him. This team is being ran like a glorified high school coach is in charge.

The best players play. It's not about effort or that ****. It's about winning. We've heard a lot about effort through 17 years, where the !@#$ has effort gotten anyone. It's about talent. 

Shouldn't Dareus be vilified here? How many pot smoking incidents? How many times was he so lazy he couldn't even get to meetings? The guy needed a change of scenery obviously but you're acting as he was some dominant force this season for us, he had like 12 tackles and a sack or something ridiculous at the time of the trade while being paid a boat load of money. Obviously not having the stench of him in the locker room sucking the life force of the rest of the defense was better off than Dareus being on the team.

And your comment about this team being ran by a glorified HS HC is ridiculous, do you see this talentless team? Were still in the playoff hunt with a mediocre QB, an inept OL, a running team in a passing league, no name Linebackers and a front seven without "your" elite Dareus in it, that is outstanding HC imo, the only thing that can top it is a trip to the playoffs which isn't out of the realm of possibility but not looking likely.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Shouldn't Dareus be vilified here? How many pot smoking incidents? How many times was he so lazy he couldn't even get to meetings? The guy needed a change of scenery obviously but you're acting as he was some dominant force this season for us, he had like 12 tackles and a sack or something ridiculous at the time of the trade while being paid a boat load of money. Obviously not having the stench of him in the locker room sucking the life force of the rest of the defense was better off than Dareus being on the team.

And your comment about this team being ran by a glorified HS HC is ridiculous, do you see this talentless team? Were still in the playoff hunt with a mediocre QB, an inept OL, a running team in a passing league, no name Linebackers and a front seven without "your" elite Dareus in it, that is outstanding HC imo, the only thing that can top it is a trip to the playoffs which isn't out of the realm of possibility but not looking likely.

And who is to blame for that? 

The coach said in his introductory press conference he wants a running team.

He kept the Qb, he's benched Glenn, signed ducasse, changed the scheme to a zone blocking scheme. Dumped the number 1, 2, and 3 receivers. Signed Tolbert to be the back up rb, something he's not fit for.

Didn't resign brown, dumped Ragland. Dareus wasn't producing because he was never given a chance to. The guy didn't play. The weed stuff is over blown and the meetings **** is hearsay as far as I'm concerned because none of us are their taking attendance everyday. Traded Darby.

This team is of his making.

Can you tell me the reasons that he traded guys and it not come off in a HS coach BS kind of way? Honestly, because he traded away proven commodities in the league for all off the field reasons. It's bull ****. You wanna buy that, go for it. But what I'm saying isn't just stuff I made up out of thin air. The guy acts like a high school coach. He talks about building leader of men and ****... This is the !@#$ing NFL they're men. His whole mentality is backward in my opinion. 

Edit- should I add in the whole Kaelin Klay thing? WTF was he even doing with that, and then we get short on CBs. It's been a joke. Kaelin Klay was traded for, and released within a month and now he's back on Carolina. Great trade.

Then you have the Peterman decision and I haven't even gotten into his in game decision making. The fact I can go on this long writing about mistakes made in months and I'm not even making **** up should be a red flag. Regardless of whether you agree with all of it. 

And also as for Dareus sucking the life out of the D, which is also a complete bull **** theory... how did they perform in the games since the trade? 

You're just a homer. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's a good point.

Yeah.  And the way Dareus was playing he wasn't the best talent.  And neither was Ragland in camp.

22 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

you know as well as I , that they could have told MD hey, we are moving and we are going to start you. Put on some good tape. it is in your own best interest.

They should have waited and kept playing him IMO.
Benching would serve no good purpose either. he was still serviceable.

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2017 at 2:14 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

And who is to blame for that? Former GM Doug Whaley

The coach said in his introductory press conference he wants a running team. Yes, we have a running QB and a team built for the run, Beane and McDermott have not even a full season under their belts, Rome wasn't built in a day.

He kept the Qb, he's benched Glenn, signed ducasse, changed the scheme to a zone blocking scheme. Dumped the number 1, 2, and 3 receivers. Signed Tolbert to be the back up rb, something he's not fit for. You say "He", The GM is in charge of player personnel so that is not on McDermott, he also didn't keep the QB but I'm sure he had a say, he didn't sign Tolbert (again that's Beane), he's been a RB years back, he didn't sign Ducasse, holy crap man you need to see what a GM and HC job duties are.

Didn't resign brown, dumped Ragland. Dareus wasn't producing because he was never given a chance to. The guy didn't play. The weed stuff is over blown and the meetings **** is hearsay as far as I'm concerned because none of us are their taking attendance everyday. Traded Darby. Again our HC doesn't sign players, I'm sure he has input but that is the GM. Did you just say Dareus wasn't given a chance to produce? LOL He was injured or bench for not showing up to meetings (Which happened in the Marrone regime also), didn't trade darby, again... Beane.

This team is of his making. And again he doesn't even have a full season under his belt.

Can you tell me the reasons that he traded guys and it not come off in a HS coach BS kind of way? Honestly, because he traded away proven commodities in the league for all off the field reasons. It's bull ****. You wanna buy that, go for it. But what I'm saying isn't just stuff I made up out of thin air. The guy acts like a high school coach. He talks about building leader of men and ****... This is the !@#$ing NFL they're men. His whole mentality is backward in my opinion. Those guys we traded obviously because they didn't fit what were trying to do here. Watkins had the ability but could never stay healthy, Darby had that 1 good season and then was mediocre, Ragland was a 3-4 ILB, Dareus I already stated why. So say we kept all those players, Darby would be injured, Dareus would still be struggling and Watkins would be under achieving but we'd be blaming the pass game (even though Goff is putting up solid numbers yet Watkins is still just a very good WR but not elite - 34 REC, 549 YDS-7 TD). You'd probably be looking for a trade no?

Edit- should I add in the whole Kaelin Klay thing? WTF was he even doing with that, and then we get short on CBs. It's been a joke. Kaelin Klay was traded for, and released within a month and now he's back on Carolina. Great trade. A joke? We traded CB Keyvon Seymore (A former 7th round pick) for a 2019 7th round pick and WR Kaelin Klay who was a 6th round pick, so we recouped a 7th round pick and took a chance on a lower round WR and you think it's a joke of a trade?

Then you have the Peterman decision and I haven't even gotten into his in game decision making. The fact I can go on this long writing about mistakes made in months and I'm not even making **** up should be a red flag. Regardless of whether you agree with all of it. Peterman wasn't a good decision because it didn't work out and that's all, Taylor was stinking up the joint and threw for under a 100 yards the game before his benching, I didn't see anything wrong with the move at all but that's just my opinion.

And also as for Dareus sucking the life out of the D, which is also a complete bull **** theory... how did they perform in the games since the trade? How many times was Kyle Williams calling out people for not putting out enough effort? Who the hell do you think he was directing it at? Come on man.

You're just a homer. I'm a Pittsbugh Steelers homer, nice try! 

I think you're just getting the HC and GM duties confused, I get it you're sick of losing but those players we traded away wouldn't have been the difference for us winning or losing most likely. Were just not talented enough right now but I have faith that this regime will draft and pickup the right players who fit what they do, no doubt in my mind and we'll finally get the "right" QB in the draft.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think you're just getting the HC and GM duties confused, I get it you're sick of losing but those players we traded away wouldn't have been the difference for us winning or losing most likely. Were just not talented enough right now but I have faith that this regime will draft and pickup the right players who fit what they do, no doubt in my mind and we'll finally get the "right" QB in the draft.

I don't agree with a single answer you gave me, and it's counter to what everyone else has said who covers the team.

I'll even go as far as leaning towards your direction, that Beane is calling a lot of shots. Which I don't buy, I think McDermott has more say than what coaches traditionally have.

However, as you tried to dismiss my belief with who's calling shots you showed your own ignorance.

Tolbert was signed before Beane was here. How do you explain that? Who was calling that shot? We know he wasn't a Whaley guy. 

Tyrod wasn't a Whaley guy, and the decision to keep him was made before Beane was here too. 

I'm sick of losing but that isn't clouding my judgment, I'm just seeing **** for what it is. You are making things fit your narrative more than I am. Tell me otherwise. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 12/14/2017 at 1:50 AM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Good post, incredibly well put.

32 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Ragland plays OK in a 3-4.  Last game he had 1 tackle and two assists.  BFD.

He did not play well in preseason and we traded him.  Again BFD.

It’s a BFD to those who lament every player that leaves the Bills and then plays for another team.   Even if it’s only for a handful of plays. 

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't agree with a single answer you gave me, and it's counter to what everyone else has said who covers the team.

I'll even go as far as leaning towards your direction, that Beane is calling a lot of shots. Which I don't buy, I think McDermott has more say than what coaches traditionally have.

However, as you tried to dismiss my belief with who's calling shots you showed your own ignorance.

Tolbert was signed before Beane was here. How do you explain that? Who was calling that shot? We know he wasn't a Whaley guy. 

Tyrod wasn't a Whaley guy, and the decision to keep him was made before Beane was here too. 

I'm sick of losing but that isn't clouding my judgment, I'm just seeing **** for what it is. You are making things fit your narrative more than I am. Tell me otherwise. 

That's ok you don't have to agree, you gave your opinions and I gave mine, it's a healthy back and fourth with 2 people who are a fan of a football team and we obviously want the team to be successful.

I never said Beane has full control but he stated in his Press Conference and elsewhere that he has control of the roster, I'm sure McDermott has insight as well and I've stated as much so the ignorance comment is just you not reading everything I wrote. 

Ok McDermott signed a backup RB and a QB, who's choices were to resign Taylor to a small contract, Jay Cutler, trade for a bridge QB so they made the wrong choice and should have signed Cutler, he can make up for that by drafting a franchise QB in this years draft :) .

I have no narrative, I want the team to win just like every other fan on here but I at least have the Steelers to fall back on but some fans only have the Bills and I feel for them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/13/2017 at 11:21 PM, NewEra said:

If you don't mind the offense falling off a cliff this year then you don't mind trading Watkins and letting Gillislee walk.    This offense has been brutal to watch as a result and probably altered the trajectory of several careers on the Bills........which is generally NOT a good thing when it happens to this organization.   Pretty sure Peterman was the player they picked with the MG pick but either way Matt Milano isn't the spoils of those decisions he was a late round pick they could have shuffled around any number of other ways and gotten.   Like not trading up for Zay Jones, for instance.   Garbage, play-not-to lose football because of a self-inflicted lack of Jimmy's and Joe's.    

5 hours ago, Doc said:

It’s a BFD to those who lament every player that leaves the Bills and then plays for another team.   Even if it’s only for a handful of plays. 

Those handful of plays have to be something noteworthy (sack, scores, etc) of course. Nobody bumps these posts when the player does absolutely nothing, gets injured, is benched, etc, etc

If Ragland is able to stay healthy, and if he continues to improve his game, he has the potential to become a slightly above average 2-down linebacker.

But those are 2 big "ifs"