Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Don't we need to question their ability to collect and analyze info about their own team?  Does this not suggest that they may also be wrong about who should be starting on the right side of the line, among other positions?

Perhaps, but all they had to go on was his practice, preseason and regular season mop up time vs scrubs. Bullets got faster when you start a regular season game. He made a bold decision and he was wrong that he was ready for that. But it’s not like he benched Aaron Rodgers. He dared to try and be better. It didn’t work. I’m not mad. I don’t know if they win that game with TT. I’d bet against it based on what I’ve seen.

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lost the team? Why don't they show some pride and actually do their jobs?

When you play team sports, you preach certain things.  McD is famous for talking about playing the players that will give the team the best chance to win.  When that mantra is drilled into the players' heads and then you pull what he just pulled, you lose the confidence of the team.  Losing your players' confidence is a hard thing to overcome as a coach.  It's not as if Peterman is close to being able to lead this team and Taylor isn't.  When a player turns the ball over five times in a half, it's frustrating to the offense and the defense can't be happy defending short fields.  I could go on and on but I won't.  Suffice it to say, Taylor is a leader on the team and has the respect of his teammates.  When said leader is being treated unfairly it makes sense that the other players will support their teammate.

9 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Maybe the upshot if all this will be that Tyrod  will start slinging it and see what happens.   He should be ecouraged to pass for 300 and a 1/1 TD/int ratio instead of 179 and a 4/1 ratio. Then, this benching experiment will have had some value. 

why does he need to do that? i will gladly take 4 touchdowns to one interception and 179 yards... that's called efficiency  

3 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I honestly don't think the defense is that big of an issue. We have had success on defense in the first half, we have been getting blown out in the second half. You know why we get blown out in the second half? It is because our offense can't sustain drives to give our defense a rest, nor is it putting points on the board. When your down 30-3 midway through the third guys tend to just give up and want to stay healthy for another week. Had our offense done things against the Jets, Saints, and Chargers, I don't think you see our defense get gashed like it did. 

That's why I hate it when I hear people say, 'Well, Tyrod didn't give up 47 points, he didn't give up 6 rushing touchdowns.' Well, yeah he may not have been on the field, but his play was a big contributing factor. His inability to move the offense and go 3-and-out so much led to those things. 

That might make some sense if they werwnt giving up points in the first half too. Sure the offense goes three and out. That could be negated if the defense got off the field on third down instead of drives that go all the way downfield. 

3 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Care to refute that Tyrod is as much to blame for a poor defensive performance as the actual defense. I think it is. 

1 punt in 2 games forced by our defence.

We talk about the offence going 3 and out a lot and rightfully so. But how many 3 and outs by our defence the past 3 games?

You want to get off the field? Stop them. Doesn't just go one way

Edited by billsfan11

For anyone to come on this board and suggest McD is stupid for going back to Tyrod or "has no balls" is ridiculous.....that is so disingenuous.   If McD came back and started Peterman at Arrowhead this week he should be fired on the spot.  No NFL coach, GM or owner would ever sign off on putting back in a rookie with zero body of work after that disaster.  It would be career suicide.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's an incredibly stupid argument that has been proven ridiculous time and time again. 

The He defense has sucked! Independent of the offense. Just stop. 

Except the part where the defense carried the team to a 5-2 record ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I don't see it as a weak move by McDermott.   In fact, it's a good sign.  

I'm relieved that he didn't start Peterman out of some demonstration of will or "trust" in the process but instead, made a decision based on facts to win a football game.  

Fact:  Peterman was terrible, regardless if he "fits" what "their" offense is looking for in a QB.  

Fact:  Taylor was better, regardless if he doesn't "fit" what "their" offense is looking for in a QB.  

I don't fault anybody who wanted a QB change.  At the time Peterman was a relative unknown quantity.  Nobody knew for sure how he'd do starting a game against the opposition's A team talent.

Now we know.  No need to have another grenade go off in an enclosed space. 

I just wish he'd do the same for the problems that plague the OL - and make some changes there.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Don't we need to question their ability to collect and analyze info about their own team?  Does this not suggest that they may also be wrong about who should be starting on the right side of the line, among other positions?

Yes.  I believe Dennison will be the fall guy at the end of the year for that and the overall wreck the offense has turned into.  

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Perhaps, but all they had to go on was his practice, preseason and regular season mop up time vs scrubs. Bullets got faster when you start a regular season game. He made a bold decision and he was wrong that he was ready for that. But it’s not like he benched Aaron Rodgers. He dared to try and be better. It didn’t work. I’m not mad. I don’t know if they win that game with TT. I’d bet against it based on what I’ve seen.

I agree with you there - TT wouldn't have fared any better given that the line can't block.  But he might not have lost the lockerroom and again, I'm concerned about their overall player evaluation skills.  How does Ducasse look against the live bullets?

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I honestly don't think the defense is that big of an issue. We have had success on defense in the first half, we have been getting blown out in the second half.

Other than a missed field goal, the Chargers scored on every single first half drive last week.  The week before, the only thing that stopped the Saints from scoring on every single first half drive was a fumble and an end-of-the half kneeldown.  Against the Jets, yes they scored 24 in the second half, but that was after a first half where TOP was close to 50/50 in the first half and we only had one three and out.  I don't think your hypothesis holds any weight.  The defense is just bad...it really hasn't had anything to do with the offense the last three weeks.

5 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

When you play team sports, you preach certain things.  McD is famous for talking about playing the players that will give the team the best chance to win.  When that mantra is drilled into the players' heads and then you pull what he just pulled, you lose the confidence of the team.  Losing your players' confidence is a hard thing to overcome as a coach.  It's not as if Peterman is close to being able to lead this team and Taylor isn't.  When a player turns the ball over five times in a half, it's frustrating to the offense and the defense can't be happy defending short fields.  I could go on and on but I won't.  Suffice it to say, Taylor is a leader on the team and has the respect of his teammates.  When said leader is being treated unfairly it makes sense that the other players will support their teammate.

Except most of those turnovers were do to sloppy play by the other ten players. Like I said, they played like crap two weeks before the change. If they didn't like it they should have played better.

Of course, this was the only realistic choice.  He has the authority to start Peterman......but, can't handle it with the team or the fans. (the front office would be supportive, however)

We will see Petermann again, though, when the Bills are out of it.  And, don't worry about TT, if the Bills don't want him, he will get an 8 figure contract from somebody...Denver, San Diego, whoever........

15 minutes ago, McBean said:

We lose to KC Sunday you start Peterman rest of the way.

McDermott did this just to satisfy the vets.

No i think the 5 interceptions and dropped fumble in 30 min of football plus a rookie with deer staring in the headlights syndrome kinda did it...the kid is not ready obviously....not his fault...i blame the coaches for this utter stupidity....