Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Maybe the upshot if all this will be that Tyrod  will start slinging it and see what happens.   He should be ecouraged to pass for 300 and a 1/1 TD/int ratio instead of 179 and a 4/1 ratio. Then, this benching experiment will have had some value. 

this is sarcasm, right?

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lost the team? Why don't they show some pride and actually do their jobs?

Team is just mentaly weak and that starts with KW as much as it pains me to say.  As soon as things start turning south people panic and freak out, like they have the last 10 years, unfortunately KW has been a big part of that

The change last week actually did make some sense even if some people disagreed. Circumstances are much different now than they were then. They thought he was ready based on the info they had at the time. With the info they have now, they realize he was not. To stick with him against the Chiefs would be stubborn just to try to prove something. 

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Maybe the upshot if all this will be that Tyrod  will start slinging it and see what happens.   He should be ecouraged to pass for 300 and a 1/1 TD/int ratio instead of 179 and a 4/1 ratio. Then, this benching experiment will have had some value. 

1-1 no but easily 2-1 would be Ideal.  He has the tools and talent to make the plays but for whatever reason he isnt/ wasnt pulling the trigger.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The change last week actually did make some sense even if some people disagreed. Circumstances are much different now than they were then. They thought he was ready based on the info they had at the time. With the info they have now, they realize he was not. To stick with him against the Chiefs would be stubborn just to try to prove something. 

Don't we need to question their ability to collect and analyze info about their own team?  Does this not suggest that they may also be wrong about who should be starting on the right side of the line, among other positions?

1 minute ago, LA Grant said:

Guess it took 72 hours of reviewing game footage to see... oh, yeah, huh, I guess Peterman DID throw five picks in one half.

On Friday, they're going to announce the sky is blue.

Friday's forecast for Orchard Park is actually partly cloudy.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Imo neither of these QBs give the Bills a good chance to win given the state of the rest of the team, and the schedule ahead the next 2 weeks. But throwing NP to the wolves in Arrowhead after what happened last week isn’t prudent for anyone. 

Ya it doesn't really matter if it is TT or Peterman starting.

Unless they get about 3 new o lineman, a new offensive coordinator, and 6 new players on their front 7 on defence, it honestly does not matter who starts at QB for the Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Team is just mentaly weak and that starts with KW as much as it pains me to say.  As soon as things start turning south people panic and freak out, like they have the last 10 years, unfortunately KW has been a big part of that

This team was already pooping the bed before McDermott made the switch. Instead of self pity or butthurt they need to look at how they have been playing. They should feel shame.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed.

Never understood the decision to begin with, considering the defense the real issue.

I honestly don't think the defense is that big of an issue. We have had success on defense in the first half, we have been getting blown out in the second half. You know why we get blown out in the second half? It is because our offense can't sustain drives to give our defense a rest, nor is it putting points on the board. When your down 30-3 midway through the third guys tend to just give up and want to stay healthy for another week. Had our offense done things against the Jets, Saints, and Chargers, I don't think you see our defense get gashed like it did. 

That's why I hate it when I hear people say, 'Well, Tyrod didn't give up 47 points, he didn't give up 6 rushing touchdowns.' Well, yeah he may not have been on the field, but his play was a big contributing factor. His inability to move the offense and go 3-and-out so much led to those things. 

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Out of curiosity, isn't the best way to show him that by giving him another start?  That being said, I hope Tyrod takes this like Alex Smith does (with Mahomes waiting in the wings) and starts being a bit less conservative and looking down field more.

I took that as meaning Peterman would have started against KC, but he is just not mentally ready, because he is shellshocked after the Chargers game. 

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

Makes me lose confidence in McDermott moving forward. I want a head coach that will stick with a decision. This season is already done with, spend the time evaluating instead of allowing Taylor to audition for other teams.

I want a head coach to realize he made a mistake and is strong enough to correct it, despite the criticism.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I get that 1/2 of a game is not a fair audition for Peterman nor enough time for him to develop his game skills.

But I just don't see how McD can go to his players and tell them Peterman is starting this week after throwing 5 picks in one half when the other QB has a winning record.  

Would McD "lose" the team?  I don't know.  But it would sure feel like McD is giving up on this season and starting to think of next season already.  If he does that, the players will too.