Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

I'm not surprised, but then I would not have been terribly surprised if Peterman was named starter.  Assuming the Bills are trying to win games, I think it is the right decision, which is not to say I'm expecting a win this weekend.  It also does not surprise me that McDermott is taking criticism for the decision.  I think it is one of those situations where he's d***** if he does and d***** if he doesn't.  But then I think a lot of coaching decisions are like that unless they result in a win.

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

If they can't do enough to beat this Miami and Colts team at home, they are in even worse trouble than I thought.

I am guessing that those games are the only ones that we will be favored to win. 

It is going to be a long off season.  It is going to be interesting to see how many people renew their season tickets.  I probably will renew, but it is getting tougher and tougher to justify it as an out-of-town season ticket holder living in Miami.  This is especially so given that this year was the worst year that I have had re-selling tickets to games that I could not go to - I could not even sell the tickets to the home opener at face value and my tickets are on the 45 yard line in the lower bowl.  Right then, I knew that a lot of people did not have faith in the McBeane era.

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

oh, well, they must have stopped working at forcing turnovers then. my bad.

I have JM2009 on ignore but since you keep quoting him, feel free to use this: http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/research/general/79-examining-luck-in-nfl-turnovers

Over half a season's turnover differential is luck. Fact.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I have JM2009 on ignore but since you keep quoting him, feel free to use this: http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/research/general/79-examining-luck-in-nfl-turnovers

Over half a season's turnover differential is luck. Fact.

Your bunch seems to always argue with the more rational, polite posters. Being ignored by you is my badge of honor.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Okay, we'll narrow it down to their first 21 starts each.

Tyrod: 62.6% CMP, 206.3 YPG, 7.57 YPA, 29 TD, 8 INT, 5.07% TD%, 1.40% INT%, 96.9 Passer Rating, 6.81 ANY/A

Siemian: 60.2% CMP, 241.4 YPG, 6.92 YPA, 27 TD, 20 INT, 3.68% TD%, 2.73% INT%, 81.9 Passer Rating, 5.53 ANY/A

When you factor in Rushing & Sacks Tyrod goes up to 232.3 YPG and 35 TDs (1.67/G) and Siemian goes down to 231.9 YPG and 28 TDs (1.33/G).

Literally the only stat Siemian has an advantage in is passing yards per game, and that is completely negated by sacks & rushing...

That equates to Taylor having a 3 additional point advantage in collective Passing/Rushing TD output per game. That's less than half a touchdown difference in production. So he edges Siemian out in being the more productive QB.

Yet Siemian's benching hit a 0 on the "benching outrage meter" vs Taylor's benching hit a 100 on the "benching outrage meter".

The outrage was over the top in proportion to Taylor's actual production level.

Honestly, this team is a complete horror show.  Just when you think it couldn't have gotten any worse...it has.  Tyrod is not the answer, Peterman does not look like the answer.  OC, DC, O line, D line....

The end of the season and the draft can't get here soon enough.  They need to work heavily on the lines and either draft a QB with their 1 pick or get a Luck or Cousins for a QB.  McD gets a year or two.  I'd like to give him at least 2 but if next year is more atrocious than this then I'd ice him.  Time for proven position coaches and players in FA.  This is totally sickening.  

48 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Yet Siemian's benching hit a 0 on the "benching outrage meter" vs Taylor's benching hit a 100 on the "benching outrage meter".

Because Paxton Lynch is ten times the prospect that Peterman is.  It's not rocket science.

47 minutes ago, paulbills said:

Pretty much this, people seem to forget 9/18 for 56 yards in a must win game at home didn't cut it.

So you advocate the benching and tossing aside of a multiple-year starting quarterback for having one miserable game?

39 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

So you advocate the benching and tossing aside of a multiple-year starting quarterback for having one miserable game?

Precisely.  You can bench a two year starter for 1-2 bad games, but if you bench a rookie after 30 minutes of record-breaking wretched play, it's unfair.

Please get with the program.

Overthecap has an interesting blog on benching Taylor, pre game.  He speaks of Taylor being exposed to waivers if cut.  I don't understand how Taylor is considered to have less than 4 years of service and thus be exposed.

19 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Trevor Siemian was benched for Brock Osweiler.

BTW, your declarative statement about Lynch cracked me up.

Let me spell it out slowly for you.  Siemian being benched wasn't much of a story because the Broncos have a young, former first round pick waiting in the wings...it doesn't matter if he was benched for Osweiler because neither of them are the Bronco's future.  That's why Lynch is starting this week...it was inevitable.  No one had any notion that Siemian was going to be the long term starter.

Meanwhile, we have a fifth rounder with a ceiling of career backup replacing a two year starter that everyone outside of Buffalo thinks is solid.

If you can't understand why one makes news and the other doesn't, then you're just being obtuse.

Here is how I feel about it. We know Peterman isn’t ready. So at this point just play Taylor. Taylor gives the team a chance, he has won some in the NFL. The reason to play Tyrod is for next season. If McDermott plays Peterman anymore this year he is going to have a tough time commanding respect from whoever comes back next year.

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tyrod has an opportunity to change the path of his career on Sunday. Throw the ball! 

It's a vicious cycle. It would seem with nothing to lose, the guy will start letting it rip. But he won't. He might for a little while but his default is to play it safe. TT would be a pretty scary QB if he consistently posed somewhat of a passing threat.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust