Decision on starter vs. Chiefs is the fork in the road

that forces McD to finally show his cards: is he all in on this year, or is he packing it in and making decisions for the future?

Personally, with our D collapsing as it has lately, I'm ready to move on from this year, stick with the process and see if you have anything in Peterman.  And I'd be thinking real hard about whether I want Dennison to be the one entrusted with developing my first round QB.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

that forces McD to finally show his cards: is he all in on this year, or is he packing it in and making decisions for the future?

Personally, with our D collapsing as it has lately, I'm ready to move on from this year, stick with the process and see if you have anything in Peterman.  And I'd be thinking real hard about whether I want Dennison to be the one entrusted with developing my first round QB.

yup thats the scary thing....if they continue to bomb out i cannnot fathom in any way that they keep him for next season....just no way!  If they do than that just says everything about McDouffus and than some!

Edited by JPP

40 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

McDermott really should start Tyrod these next two games. However, there's a part of me that hopes he starts Peterman just as a way to basically flip off all the haters.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

McDermott really should start Tyrod these next two games. However, there's a part of me that hopes he starts Peterman just as a way to basically flip off all the haters.

And an effort to block there best rushing player. Some blocks from Bosa untouched or Bosa made Vlad and Mills look like high school football players silly.  This O-Line cannot do anything good.

3 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I get that the Bills are struggling but I think the Chiefs and Bills are in the same boat, only difference is the Chiefs defense isn't awful, just mildly bad.

I know, I probably sound irrational.  Just jaded.  I think Hunt may run for close to 200 yards though, right up the gut

Drives me nuts when people say its not fair to veteran players to look ahead to future years.  I appreciate the concern for long term guys like Kyle Williams, but they are getting paid millions each year so ultimately too bad if they have to suffer through another down year.   Not going to shed any tears for them!

Coach and GM have to do something to stop the cycle of losing..finishing 8-8, middle of road draft picks, and no QB again.

This team is likely going nowhere this year.   We know what we have with Tyrod, seems worth a chance to see if Peterman offers any hope.  

Strong argument can be made that we win either way with Peterman.  He shows us he is the real deal and we turn this year around (pretty unlikely after last week), or we lose a bunch more games an get a better draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I don't get fans who quit on a season when we are in the playoff hunt.  Yes it has been bad.  But quitting?  Come on man! 

Mathematically we are in a playoff hunt... but in reality, the Buffalo Bills ain’t huntin’ nothin’. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

Drives me nuts when people say its not fair to veteran players to look ahead to future years.  I appreciate the concern for long term guys like Kyle Williams, but they are getting paid millions each year so ultimately too bad if they have to suffer through another down year.   Not going to shed any tears for them!

Coach and GM have to do something to stop the cycle of losing..finishing 8-8, middle of road draft picks, and no QB again.

This team is likely going nowhere this year.   We know what we have with Tyrod, seems worth a chance to see if Peterman offers any hope.  

Strong argument can be made that we win either way with Peterman.  He shows us he is the real deal and we turn this year around (pretty unlikely after last week), or we lose a bunch more games an get a better draft pick.

Did you consider that there's a downside to a regime that shows prospective free agents in the league that they will toss aside a vet who gives them a better chance to win?  This happens all the time with teams that are supposedly future focused -- but its a loser mentality that may turn off vet players this team wants to attract this coming offseason. 

There will be competition for any vet player.  McD picking a rook who clearly isn't ready to start over a respected vet while the team is still mathematically in the playoff race may make a difference in some free agents decision about where to play in the future.  Stuff like this matters.