Pro Football HOF Announces 2018 Modern Era Semifinalists

26CornerBlitz

Lewis, Moss, Owens, and Johnson.  Not really sold on anyone else. 

Pro Football Hall of Fame voters have narrowed down the Class of 2018 to 27 semifinalists. Which of them deserves to get in? Have your say here by casting votes for the 15 finalists.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's selection process for the Class of 2018 has officially begun. The 48-person committee has compiled an initial list of 108 modern-era nominees from which 27 semi-finalists have been selected. This list will be further reduced to the 15 finalists, who will be unveiled in January.

We now invite you to evaluate the careers and legacies of these all-time greats and select who you think should advance to the next round of consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2018.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lewis, Moss, Owens, and Johnson.  Not really sold on anyone else. 

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's selection process for the Class of 2018 has officially begun. The 48-person committee has compiled an initial list of 108 modern-era nominees from which 27 semi-finalists have been selected. This list will be further reduced to the 15 finalists, who will be unveiled in January.

We now invite you to evaluate the careers and legacies of these all-time greats and select who you think should advance to the next round of consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2018.

You know, I was going to put Jimmie Johnson, but thought it was too early.  But you're right, he should be in there.

F Ray Lewis.  Accessory to murder.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You know, I was going to put Jimmie Johnson, but thought it was too early.  But you're right, he should be in there.

The HOF judges on what they did on the football field not off it, if so OJ Simpson would have been removed from it. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I get the sentiment, but he belongs based on his play on the field.  Off the field issues aren't part of the consideration. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

The HOF judges on what they did on the football field not off it, if so OJ Simpson would have been removed from it. 

Nope---OJ would not have gotten in if his first year of eligibility was 1995.  Zero chance.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I get the sentiment, but he belongs based on his play on the field.  Off the field issues aren't part of the consideration. 

I they are making TO wait, they certainly should let the POS Lewis wait.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nope---OJ would not have gotten in if his first year of eligibility was 1995.  Zero chance.

I they are making TO wait, they certainly should let the POS Lewis wait.

Lewis has never been black balled by team mates, hell he worked for ESPN and part of the media. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Lewis is more liked by the media which gives him a better chance to get in. 

He was hired by a network.  My guess is that most of the "media" consider him as the clown that he presents himself as.  He has to be the least intelligent ex jock ever on TV.  

He's a total buffoon.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was hired by a network.  My guess is that most of the "media" consider him as the clown that he presents himself as.  He has to be the least intelligent ex jock ever on TV.  

He's a total buffoon.

He might be but he's also respected as one of the best MLB to ever play in the NFL which helps his cause to make the HOF. I can see the debate with the whole murder thing as hell I totally disrespect him as a human being but I can respect his play on the football field as an on the field leader and great talent.