Peterman was historically bad on Sunday

LA Grant

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills rookie Nathan Peterman said Buccaneers and former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick reached out to him after Peterman's poor debut Sunday against the Chargers. "[Fitzpatrick] told me about his rookie year and stuff. That was helpful to see," Peterman said Wednesday.

Mike Rodak

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills rookie Nathan Peterman said Buccaneers and former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick reached out to him after Peterman's poor debut Sunday against the Chargers. "[Fitzpatrick] told me about his rookie year and stuff. That was helpful to see," Peterman said Wednesday.

Mike Rodak

...if Dennison drove this decision because he does not like working with Taylor (first smell test for me is his inconsistencies in game plans that do not capitalize on TT's mobility as in three step drops in the pocket with a porous OL), we have BIGGER problems......if egos or personality clashes take precedent over "W's", we are in deep fertilizer...........

Look at the bright side -- Peterman had a higher passer rating on Sunday if you considered him a Chargers QB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/22/nathan-peterman-had-a-higher-passer-rating-as-a-chargers-quarterback/

What a ridiculous disaster. Destroy the relationship with Tyrod and ruin Peterman's confidence. Killing two birds with one stone? Now that's what I call process.

9 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Look at the bright side -- Peterman had a higher passer rating on Sunday if you considered him a Chargers QB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/22/nathan-peterman-had-a-higher-passer-rating-as-a-chargers-quarterback/

What a ridiculous disaster. Destroy the relationship with Tyrod and ruin Peterman's confidence. Killing two birds with one stone? Now that's what I call process.

...STILL going back to my redundant assertion that something ain't passing the smell test here......TT benching and Peterman premature start on the road albeit West Coast is a Dennison personal thing....if McD lets that happen, he is a weak link...........

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Mike Rodak

That doesn't surprise me a bit to hear.  Whatever you think of him as a QB, Fitz is a good guy.  He certainly had an up-and-down rookie year, and yeah, he both set a record for yards thrown by a rookie/comeback win in his first game AND he threw a 5-INT game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That doesn't surprise me a bit to hear.  Whatever you think of him as a QB, Fitz is a good guy.  He certainly had an up-and-down rookie year, and yeah, he both set a record for yards thrown by a rookie/comeback win in his first game AND he threw a 5-INT game.

fitz has always had class.

I agree, he's a good guy..

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ya lol I would love to have a beer or two with Fitz lol. Very nice guy.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

fitz has always had class.

I agree, he's a good guy..

....Brandon did offer him backup money to stay after his ridiculous $$ extension, but he declined saying, " I know I can get starter money elsewhere".....thus, his NFL global trot....

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if Dennison drove this decision because he does not like working with Taylor (first smell test for me is his inconsistencies in game plans that do not capitalize on TT's mobility as in three step drops in the pocket with a porous OL), we have BIGGER problems......if egos or personality clashes take precedent over "W's", we are in deep fertilizer...........

If that is true, I'd be surprised.  I think that McD might go after that in the offseason  if it is true.  

8 minutes ago, dulles said:

If that is true, I'd be surprised.  I think that McD might go after that in the offseason  if it is true.  

...PURE speculation on my part bud....but something just does not seem right.....perhaps I have another gas bubble..............

48 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

What relationship with tyrod?

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Brandon did offer him backup money to stay after his ridiculous $$ extension, but he declined saying, " I know I can get starter money elsewhere".....thus, his NFL global trot....

Really, now.  What was this offer, and what were the other terms?

The devil is always in the details.

36 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...STILL going back to my redundant assertion that something ain't passing the smell test here......TT benching and Peterman premature start on the road albeit West Coast is a Dennison personal thing....if McD lets that happen, he is a weak link...........

I am with you here though.  If it was Dennison's call, how did McWrestler vet it?  And how did Dennison vet it?  It's not a good look for them.

There is one guy here claiming that some people positioned to know, told him just a week or two back that Peterson did not look good, not at all ready.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

What relationship with tyrod?

And here, perhaps you have identified a source of this season's offensive woes

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And here, perhaps you have identified a source of this season's offensive woes

Put yourself in McBeane's shoes.

Do you try and build an offense around a guy whose ceiling is "average?" Or do you see if he can perform as a normal NFL QB...and if he can't let him go?

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Do you try and build an offense around a guy whose ceiling is "average?" Or do you see if he can perform as a normal NFL QB...and if he can't let him go?

I vote for "neither of the above". 

Tyrod is a guy with a unique skill set, who had at that time 2 years of tape saying he could do some things expected of a traditional NFL QB well, other things poorly, and has in addition some unique abilities pretty much no one else has.

If I'm unwilling to work with him as he is, I tell my bosses to get me the best traditional-type pocket passer on the FA market and let Taylor go - LAST SPRING.

if I want to keep Taylor or if they simply can't sign the traditional guy I want, I select from my 5 2-inch thick notebooks a subset of plays that focus on his strengths, design a few that exploit his unique skillset, and only a few that stretch him and ask him to develop. 

That's how you win.  You don't win by keeping players who don't fit the roles you want them to fill and trying to hammer that square peg into roundness and @#%! it just Won't.  Become.  Round.

People talk about McDaniel's offense on the Pats** as though it's a static thing, but the truth is, it changes quite a bit from year to year depending upon the personnel he has to work with.  Dennison/Kubiak are the guys that tried to make "Shotgun Sheriff Manning" into a pocket passer who rolled out in his last season.  Nuff said.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I vote for "neither of the above". 

Tyrod is a guy with a unique skill set, who had at that time 2 years of tape saying he could do some things expected of a traditional NFL QB well, other things poorly, and has in addition some unique abilities pretty much no one else has.

If I'm unwilling to work with him as he is, I tell my bosses to get me the best traditional-type pocket passer on the FA market and let Taylor go.

if I want to keep Taylor or if they simply can't sign the traditional guy I want, I select from my 5 2-inch thick notebooks a subset of plays that focus on his strengths, design a few that exploit his unique skillset, and only a few that stretch him and ask him to develop. 

That's how you win.  You don't win by keeping players who don't fit the roles you want them to fill and trying to hammer that square peg into roundness and @#%! it just Won't.  Become.  Round.

People talk about McDaniel's offense on the Pats** as though it's a static thing, but the truth is, it changes quite a bit from year to year depending upon the personnel he has to work with.  Dennison/Kubiak are the guys that tried to make "Shotgun Sheriff Manning" into a pocket passer who rolled out in his last season.  Nuff said.

Wow great post with this. Agree.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

...probably another stupid question that follows my litany and repertoire, but how much building does one expect Beane to do coming in on May 9, 2017 POST DRAFT?.....what exactly are his choices other than UFA's, cuts/releases, etc?.......cream of the crop...or CRAP?....

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably another stupid question that follows my litany and repertoire, but how much building does one expect Beane to do coming in on May 9, 2017 POST DRAFT?.....what exactly are his choices other than UFA's, cuts/releases, etc?.......cream of the crop...or CRAP?....

Yep neither of these guys have been here for a full year. Yet the tyrod fanatics want them run out. Boggles the mind