Peterman was historically bad on Sunday

LA Grant

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Woods is doing more than he was here, Watkins is doing less, and as a tandem they are doing almost exactly the same as they have every year of their careers together. Watkins never played a full season with Tyrod here, and as far as WR tandems go there are many better options. The OL was never set up to be solid in pass blocking, but scheme and Tyrod's escapability masked that. Despite that, we had a top 10 offense 2 years running. That doesn't happen with a QB who isn't good enough to start.

Give me a QB who can sling it for 300 yards over a QB who can rush for 100. Sorry I judge a QB in his ability to throw the ball which Tyrod struggles with. I mean it was nice he found a new RB to dump off to in Cadet this weekend but he still can't consistently throw to a spot downfield and let his WR make a play on the ball. 

7 minutes ago, JPP said:

come on shady your better than this....we are microscoping the game this past weekend....potato..pot.a.t.o.......sure a fumble brought back for a TD.....but my PTSD regarding this game is the 5 picks....i believe one of them a pick 6 no?  

Sorry ? 

i just answered the question 

:ph34r:

Does this mean they cancel each other out? 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sorry ? 

i just answered the question 

:ph34r:

i know....at this point i really dont care who is QBing.....this team is gonna be mash game in and game out until our coaches figure out the defence and the offensive line.....it boggling to me that it seems they havent done anything but showcase the same garbage the last 3 games........i would bet that if were to play the browns this weekend (no matter who is under centre!) they would have their first win of the season........all i want to hear tomorrow at the presser is that dennison is canned!  than i would have a tiny bit of hope renewed.....but fat chance!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Give me a QB who can sling it for 300 yards over a QB who can rush for 100. Sorry I judge a QB in his ability to throw the ball which Tyrod struggles with. I mean it was nice he found a new RB to dump off to in Cadet this weekend but he still can't consistently throw to a spot downfield and let his WR make a play on the ball. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree here. Passing yards are a function of attempts. In 2015 he was 24th in attempts, 23rd in yards, 2016 he was 25th and 25th, this year he's 24th and 24th. Maybe when Passing Yards become correlated with winning you'll have a valid point though. For now I'll stick with DVOA, ANY/A, and Scoring Offense.

I appreciate you having an appropriate name though.

8 minutes ago, JPP said:

i know....at this point i really dont care who is QBing.....this team is gonna be mash game in and game out until our coaches figure out the defence and the offensive line.....it boggling to me that it seems they havent done anything but showcase the same garbage the last 3 games........i would bet that if were to play the browns this weekend (no matter who is under centre!) they would have their first win of the season........all i want to hear tomorrow at the presser is that dennison is canned!  than i would have a tiny bit of hope renewed.....but fat chance!

I expected Coaching turnover. Heck ya gotta start somewhere right McBeanes? End of season perhaps?

But the QB move so early....

Shaky

Plenty other areas to resolve

Edited by 3rdand12

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We're going to have to agree to disagree here. Passing yards are a function of attempts. In 2015 he was 24th in attempts, 23rd in yards, 2016 he was 25th and 25th, this year he's 24th and 24th. Maybe when Passing Yards become correlated with winning you'll have a valid point though. For now I'll stick with DVOA, ANY/A, and Scoring Offense.

I appreciate you having an appropriate name though.

You too since it's obvious you're a Tyrod backer through and through. Have you ever considered part of the reason Tyrod's pass attempts are less because he elects not to throw a ball? I mean he loves the double clutch or his athleticism allows him to run meanwhile guys like Brady, Brees and Manning had to learn to read defenses and beat them with their arms? Again I don't blame Tyrod for being what he is but the fact is because he is a great athlete I don't think he ever developed the skills to be a complete QB when it comes to passing the ball plain and simple. 

Edited by The Jokeman

30 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This point simply defies logic. He's going to be a starter for a while. He's easily been in the top 15-20 QBs, or higher depending who you talk to, every year with a less than stellar supporting cast.

McDermott can try whatever he wants, but all he did Sunday was demonstrate all the deficiencies on O that Tyrod helps mask.

I like VT, but you have a serious case of homerism going on here.

Top 15-20 QB?  Eh...maybe 20.  But either way, that doesn't get you in playoffs.  (I know, I know, all we need is a great OL, great RBs, top defense, WRs etc., etc.).

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I expected Coaching turnover. Heck ya gotta start somewhere right McBeanes? End of season perhaps?

But the QB move so early....

Shaky

Plenty other areas to resolve

it will be interesting how this plays out for the rest of the season.......this season is so much a soap opera just without the Rex Ryan banter!  I think the bunsin burners under the coaches arse's are gonna start to get real hot if they continue to stink it up like this!  A loss is a loss i get it but the teams that beaten us have broken some of their own team records!

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I like VT, but you have a serious case of homerism going on here.

Top 15-20 QB?  Eh...maybe 20.  But either way, that doesn't get you in playoffs.  (I know, I know, all we need is a great OL, great RBs, top defense, WRs etc., etc.).

It's honestly incredible how silly these takes get.

Passer Rating:

2015  - 8th

2016 - 18th

2017 - 14th
ANY/A:

2015 - 9th

2016 - 18th

2017 - 21st

DVOA:

2015 - 8th

2016 - 19th

2017 - 18th

TD%:
2015 - 16th

2016 - 16th

2017 - 20th

TD/TO:

2015 - 2nd

2016 - 7th

2017 - T-3rd

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It's honestly incredible how silly these takes get.

Passer Rating:

2015  - 8th

2016 - 18th

2017 - 14th
ANY/A:

2015 - 9th

2016 - 18th

2017 - 21st

DVOA:

2015 - 8th

2016 - 19th

2017 - 18th

TD%:
2015 - 16th

2016 - 16th

2017 - 20th

TD/TO:

2015 - 2nd

2016 - 7th

2017 - T-3rd

More fun with stats

TDs passing

2015 -20th

2016 -26th

2017- 24th

Passing yards

2015-23rd

2016-25th

2017-24th

Sacks %

2015 -32nd

2016 -29th

2017 -32nd

4th Quarter Come backs

2015 -27th

2016 -26th

2017 -18th

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

More fun with stats

TDs passing

2015 -20th

2016 -26th

2017- 24th

Passing yards

2015-23rd

2016-25th

2017-24th

Sacks %

2015 -32nd

2016 -29th

2017 -32nd

4th Quarter Come backs

2015 -27th

2016 -26th

2017 -18th

His rushing ability and rushing TDs count too. And not turning the ball over. If you think the Bills would have got a 20-18 record since 2015 from any other QB on this roster, you're fooling yourself.

Just now, JM2009 said:

His rushing ability and rushing TDs count too. And not turning the ball over. If you think the Bills would have got a 20-18 record since 2015 from any other QB on this roster, you're fooling yourself.

His rushing abilities take away from his passing ability and to me a QBs job is to pass the ball first and foremost, again we've seen it time and time again even as good as he's done with his legs when Tyrod has to make a throw to win the game he rarely does it PERIOD. And I won't argue that any other QB on this roster is better than Tyrod now but what I am arguing is Tyrod is a bottom tier NFL starter. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

His rushing abilities take away from his passing ability and to me a QBs job is to pass the ball first and foremost, again we've seen it time and time again even as good as he's done with his legs when Tyrod has to make a throw to win the game he rarely does it PERIOD. And I won't argue that any other QB on this roster is better than Tyrod now but what I am arguing is Tyrod is a bottom tier NFL starter. 

He's around 20th or so. You play to the QBs strengths. He has unique abilities. Last two seasons the offense put up a lot of points.

I actually like a lot of what I saw of him.  The mistakes he made are very fixable.  He was accurate and his timing was right. He just has to learn how to protect the ball and when to take a sack.  My only issue is I didn't see much zip on the ball.  I'd like to see more. We've seen what we have in Taylor.  I'm not going to give up on Peterman yet.  But the timing of the move and the opponent and the way our Oline is playing really set this kid up for failure.  I still think if he's a warrior this will only improve him. And as for Tyrod. This was a warning shot.  When the game is on the line winners want the ball and they take risks. This guy takes none. Yippee his turnover ratio is soooo great.   Means nothing without W's.  

2 minutes ago, Jmonte35 said:

I actually like a lot of what I saw of him.  The mistakes he made are very fixable.  He was accurate and his timing was right. He just has to learn how to protect the ball and when to take a sack.  My only issue is I didn't see much zip on the ball.  I'd like to see more. We've seen what we have in Taylor.  I'm not going to give up on Peterman yet.  But the timing of the move and the opponent and the way our Oline is playing really set this kid up for failure.  I still think if he's a warrior this will only improve him. And as for Tyrod. This was a warning shot.  When the game is on the line winners want the ball and they take risks. This guy takes none. Yippee his turnover ratio is soooo great.   Means nothing without W's.  

20 wins out of 38 games isn't terrible. Esp with an average at best roster. Anyone that likes what they saw Sunday is looking at something else other than this game. 

Edited by JM2009

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

More fun with stats

TDs passing

Passing yards

Sacks %

4th Quarter Come backs

Passer Rating:

2015 - 7 of the top 10 made the playoffs

2016 - 5 of the top 10 made the playoffs

ANY/A:

2016 - 6 of the top 10 made the playoffs

DVOA:

2015 - 6 of the top 10 made the playoffs

TD%:

TD/TO:

2015 - 8 of the top 10 made the playoffs

2016 - 7 of the top 10 made the playoffs

------------------------------------------------------------------

TDs passing

2015 - 4 of the top 10 made the playoffs

Passing yards

2015 - 3 of the top 10 made the playoffs

2016 - 4 of the top 10 made the playoffs

Sacks %

2015  - 4 of the top 10 made the playoffs

4th Quarter Come backs

You can draw your own conclusions on which stats actually relate to winning QB play.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Passer Rating:

ANY/A:

DVOA:

TD%:

TD/TO:

2015 - 8 of the top 10 made the playoffs

------------------------------------------------------------------

TDs passing

Passing yards

2015 - 3 of the top 10 made the playoffs

Sacks %

2015  - 4 of the top 10 made the playoffs

4th Quarter Come backs

You can draw your own conclusions on which stats actually relate to winning QB play.

Or trust my eyes when I watch Tyrod every week and see he just have "it". As he's got part of the RJ syndrome that he doesn't want to make mistakes with the football so he'll take a sack or he'll be Trent Edwards like and check it down to the open RB or do a Flutie thing and run around and not find anyone open and run.  Not to mention the EJ Manuel thing and not throw to a guy unless he's open. He might be better than each of those QB individually but he still doesn't add up to a QB that's good enough to get you over the hump. As his liabilities with 3 and outs doesn't "flip the field" and doesn't always help the defense either. 

Edited by The Jokeman