Peterman was historically bad on Sunday

LA Grant

I'm still so angry at the coaching staff for the ridiculous move at QB. This doesn't help, exactly, but it does put it into perspective. We have gone from "the Bills are in great shape to make the playoffs" to "we are in deep, deep s#it" so fast, my head is still spinning.

Per Deadspin:

Full article here: https://deadspin.com/nathan-peterman-was-a-very-avoidable-disaster-1820604593

Although I understand the sentiment the QB change doesn't explain getting destroyed at the Jets and Saints games. I wouldn't exactly call that "great shape". I'd call it clinging to hopes of a wild card birth. Not even clawing for a divisional title.

Edited by Lfod

So he can only improve right? I know we're all upset at how bad he performed but what do we have to lose now if we start him again? My only concern is about McDermott "losing the locker room". Yet I'm not sure if our current core leaders will be along much longer as I can't see Kyle staying around longer and Lorax looks like age finally caught up with him leaving us a chance to pursue more McDermott guys like Star Lotulelei who's set to be an UFA this offseason. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

So he can only improve right? I know we're all upset at how bad he performed but what do we have to lose now if we start him again? My only concern is about McDermott "losing the locker room". Yet I'm not sure if our current core leaders will be along much longer as I can't see Kyle staying around longer and Lorax looks like age finally caught up with him leaving us a chance to pursue more McDermott guys like Star Lotulelei who's set to be an UFA this offseason. 

Maybe not. 1 half = 5 ints  2 halves = 10 ints? 

11 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

I'm still so angry at the coaching staff for the ridiculous move at QB. This doesn't help, exactly, but it does put it into perspective. We have gone from "the Bills are in great shape to make the playoffs" to "we are in deep, deep s#it" so fast, my head is still spinning.

Per Deadspin:

Full article here: https://deadspin.com/nathan-peterman-was-a-very-avoidable-disaster-1820604593

Starting Peterman is going to turn out fine.  For Nate it will certainly raise his preparation level and he'll learn from it.  For Tyrod the benching got his attention and he'll be a more determined player for whatever minutes he plays for Buffalo the rest of the year. That and the offensive line was often exposed for how bad they are. 

The Bills weren't winning that game no matter who played QB Sunday.  The Chargers most definitely are a more talented team. 

Edited by keepthefaith

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Starting Peterman is going to turn out fine.  For Nate it will certainly raise his preparation level and he'll learn from it.  For Tyrod the benching got his attention and he'll be a more determined player for whatever minutes he plays for Buffalo the rest of the year.

The Bills weren't winning that game no matter who played QB Sunday.  The Chargers most definitely are a more talented team. 

I would like to add that if they dont fix the run D i can maybe see 1 more win if that......

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe not. 1 half = 5 ints  2 halves = 10 ints? 

One never really knows, I mean who could have predicted Frank Reich leading the come back against Houston after our disastrous start?  No, I'm not saying Peterman would lead us back only one never really knows as one would think things would follow as they started yet hard to know for sure. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Just now, The Jokeman said:

One never really knows, I mean who could have predicted Frank Reich leading the come back against Houston after our disastrous start?  No, I'm not saying Peterman would lead us back only one never really knows as one would think things would follow as they started. 

He was shellshocked with Post Traumatic Bosa Syndrome.  He wasn't leading anything, not even to the gatorade dispenser. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was shellshocked with Post Traumatic Bosa Syndrome.  He wasn't leading anything, not even to the gatorade dispenser. 

I'll agree with you but he also had a pretty horrific start in the NCAA at Tennessee and he bounced back when he got to Pitt so I haven't lost all my faith in Peterman but he did damage part of it with that horrible showing. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I'll agree with you but he also had a pretty horrific start in the NCAA at Tennessee and he bounced back when he got to Pitt so I haven't lost all my faith in Peterman but he did damage part of it with that horrible showing. 

My opinion of him hasn't wavered since preseason. Long term backup type. 

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone else hold Dennison partly responsible for this? I mean I can’t blame a rookie alone for a historically bad day like that. It’s the OC’s job to prepare the rookie QB and call a game that favors him. Leaving Bosa 1-on-1 and putting us in constant 3rd and long situations gave Peterman no chance.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So you're thinking he needs to transfer now? Interesting take :D

Just now, HappyDays said:

Does anyone else hold Dennison partly responsible for this? I mean I can’t blame a rookie alone for a historically bad day like that. It’s the OC’s job to prepare the rookie QB and call a game that favors him. Leaving Bosa 1-on-1 and putting us in constant 3rd and long situations gave Peterman no chance.

The one drive we did commit to the run we had a 2 play TD drive...

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One could also wonder had Benjamin not gotten hurt how different would have things looked? As Nate was moving the team prior to the tipped INT.