'He literally didn't block me': Chargers' Bosa mic'd up vs. Bills

Foxx

7 minutes ago, BILLriant said:

Sentreal started for a year at RT and was serviceable, why aren't moves being made year...wood played rg his rookie year, groys a good center...there has to be a better situation for us

There are many, many, many combinations on the O line that are better than this one.  

IMO this is almost the worst possible combination.

Wood and Groy seem (since they both just signed this training camp and offseason) to be the only two sure O lineman on the team next year .  You would think the HC has plan to play them together at some point OR never? 

26 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Did the Bills OL purposefully sabotage Peterman? Or, are they really that bad? 

No, Mills just kind of didn't block him.

The raiders may have done this to Carr.And look at that disaster of a supposed playoff team. Lets hope we aren't dealing with a bunch of petulant children here. I have suspected something was afoot. Every team didnt all of a sudden figure us out after 7 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i don't know how true it is, but if so..... whats the deal here?

did Mills let him by because he was unhappy Tyrod was benched?

should he be benched?

were there others who mailed it in as well?

Mills shouldn't be on the field, nor should Ducasse. They both suck. Miller and Henderson or Groy and Henderson should be on the field. But alas, our people are too stupid to figure this out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

The raiders may have done this to Carr.And look at that disaster of a supposed playoff team. Lets hope we aren't dealing with a bunch of petulant children here. I have suspected something was afoot. Every team didnt all of a sudden figure us out after 7 games.

exactly right. our defense didn't suck so bad all of a sudden either. something is up here.

Edited by Foxx

Just like I said in a earlier thread bringing Tyrod back with the new staff would create a devide among fans and players/staff. This is a real problem and a player that doesn't do his job for some reason IMO brings up the Mario cancer that happened when things went south with him and his group. 

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

exactly right. our defense didn't suck so bad all of a sudden either. something is up here.

It started with the jets game.....198 yrds on the ground....NO game 298 yards on the ground and LAC game i believe was close to 150 yards....nothing just happened suddenly....

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Has to be Tyrods fault some how!

You mean the guy running around like a fruitcake with his helmet on? 

It certainly looks like there may have been an agreement between some players. 

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

47 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the play in question begins at the 0:59 mark.

..... whats the deal here?

did Mills let him by because he was unhappy Tyrod was benched?

should he be benched?

were there others who mailed it in as well?

Well, I'm no expert and that clip doesn't show the beginning of the play.  But it looks to me as though the San Diego D shifted, and Mills completely failed to adjust to the fact that both Bosa and the LB are now off to his right, and he and Ducasse have no one directly ahead of him to block, while the Bills back now has both bearing down on them (I can't see numbers to tell who this is).  Go to 59 sec on the clip, and then click through it...at 1 minute you can see that Mills is set very tight, next to Ducasse...Ducasse has totes nothing to do, and Mills is totally in the wrong position to do anything but wave as Bosa flies by.

I don't know enough about the scheme to know what was supposed to happen when, I do know enough to know that's not a decent player intentionally slacking or "mailing it in", that's two OLmen who are in completely wrong position to counter what the D has dialed up, especially a blazing fast BEAST like Bosa.

Earlier in the same clip, you can see a totally clueless play call ... there's a play fake dialed up where by the time Peterman turns to throw there are Bolts all over the backfield.  Absolutely silly play to call for a rookie QB playing behind a questionable OL against a very strong pass rush.

34 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Mills is terrible. Everyone knew/knows this.

Yet they have done nothing to address the issue. And before you say "we drafted a tackle in the 3rd round" isn't it telling that he wasn't able to unseat Mills? 

Oline is a Trainwreck across the board 

Yes,  it is very telling.  Especially since he is presently the starting left tackle. 

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Did the Bills OL purposefully sabotage Peterman? Or, are they really that bad? 

No, Mills just kind of didn't block him.

Go look at the clip again.  Go to 59 sec and advance to 1 minute.  It's not that he kind of didn't block him, he was totally set in the wrong place.

Wrong protection called,  or wrong adjustment to a different protection due to D shift right before the snap.

Don't attribute to malice what's adequately explained by incompetence.

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

You mean the guy running around like a fruitcake with his helmet on? 

It certainly looks like there may have been an agreement between some players. 

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

The "something rotten" here is two OLmen either getting the protection wrong, or not getting their role in the protection.   Because it's pretty clear it's not that they aren't executing, it's that they're in the wrong place doing the wrong thing to be able to execute.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Watching that literally makes me mad.  Those two tackles were bad, get them out of there.  I would love to see a game with Glenn and Henderson.  I understand the options really aren't great with Glenn hurting and Henderson getting into game shape but anything is better than that.  Leave a TE in to chip or something but it does show you exactly why 5 INTs are possible.  Minus the first INT he literally had a DE in his face as soon as he dropped back.  The reason he looked so good in practice is our OTs were going against are Defensive ends.

27 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I still don't understand why Groy doesn't play.  Last year he filled in pretty well.  He has to be better than Vlad and/or Miller.

It's a puzzle.  I can only guess, and my guess is that in practice going 1/2-3/4 speed,  Ducasse (who has experience in Castillo's system I believe) gets his feet and his hands into the right place more than Groy and Miller do.  So Ducasse is considered by Castillo to be "better" and he plays.

The problem is when you ratchet up to game speed, Ducasse just doesn't have the reactions.  Mills, having watched that clip, is playing like a Bar baby.

When you have a scheme which the physically more talented linemen can't execute, maybe the problem is...the scheme.

6 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Watching that literally makes me mad.  Those two tackles were bad, get them out of there.  I would love to see a game with Glenn and Henderson.  I understand the options really aren't great with Glenn hurting and Henderson getting into game shape but anything is better than that.  Leave a TE in to chip or something but it does show you exactly why 5 INTs are possible.  Minus the first INT he literally had a DE in his face as soon as he dropped back.  The reason he looked so good in practice is our OTs were going against are Defensive ends.

I feel certain both QB and all our coaches would like to see a game with Glenn and Henderson, or possibly Glenn and Dawkins on the right.  And yes we had people chipping and a back left in to block - you can see a chip in the first part of that clip next to Dawkins on the L.  Didn't slow Bosa much.

This is what Taylor has faced all year, though, and somehow he has managed to limit his INTs.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Man, defenses treat our O-line like a joke. They're actually just laughing at us and in shock how easy it is to do anything they want. 

Can we hire Kromer back? The Rams O-line seems much improved since he got there, and ours was a helluva lot better with him. Obviously we need new personnel too, but someone who can coach makes a lot of difference as well.

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Man, defenses treat our O-line like a joke. They're actually just laughing at us and in shock how easy it is to do anything they want. 

Can we hire Kromer back? The Rams O-line seems much improved since he got there, and ours was a helluva lot better with him. Obviously we need new personnel too, but someone who can coach makes a lot of difference as well.

Add Whitworth to LA and subtract Glenn in Buffalo. Incognito has regressed but the difference at LT makes a big difference, See Dallas.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a puzzle.  I can only guess, and my guess is that in practice going 1/2-3/4 speed,  Ducasse (who has experience in Castillo's system I believe) gets his feet and his hands into the right place more than Groy and Miller do.  So Ducasse is considered by Castillo to be "better" and he plays.

The problem is when you ratchet up to game speed, Ducasse just doesn't have the reactions.  Mills, having watched that clip, is playing like a Bar baby.

When you have a scheme which the physically more talented linemen can't execute, maybe the problem is...the scheme.

I feel certain both QB and all our coaches would like to see a game with Glenn and Henderson, or possibly Glenn and Dawkins on the right.  And yes we had people chipping and a back left in to block - you can see a chip in the first part of that clip next to Dawkins on the L.  Didn't slow Bosa much.

This is what Taylor has faced all year, though, and somehow he has managed to limit his INTs.

Taylor has faced bad line play but not that bad.  Peterman didn't even fully drop back and at least twice he had not just a hand but Bosa's whole body on Peterman.  I think the O line is regressing and needs to replace our O line coach.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Add Whitworth to LA and subtract Glenn in Buffalo. Incognito has regressed but the difference at LT makes a big difference, See Dallas.

Agreed but both Guards have taken a huge step back and Mills was serviceable last year now he is not good