I was wrong about....

Kirby Jackson

I was wrong about letting myself become even a little bit optimistic after a 5-2 start. I knew this team had major deficiencies, but I started to believe in them being serious overachievers. Now they're exactly what I thought they'd be this season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I was wrong about Mike Glennon. I was also wrong when I broke out the playoff panties after the Bils quick start.

IMO you should allow all EJ supporters to confess, this will help in future discussions when we need to question their vision.

Oh, hell.  I thought EJ was a potentially talented but raw QB whose development was either non-existant or grossly mishandled.  And I disagreed when people claimed he was absolutely the worst QB ever and the Jax game was the worst outing by an NFL QB ever.  I submit the first half of last Sunday's game as Exhibit A in defense of the last point, and the whole sequence of releasing Fitz/Kolb and the bathmat/rookie OC and no QB coach/and the game plans vs. those devised for Brisset and Prescott as Exhibit B in support of the first statement.  IOW, I still loudly and firmly proclaim I was right on those points and if that makes you question my vision, Bite.....

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I was wrong in saying letting Jonathan Williams go was a mistake.     Young RBs really are a dime a dozen...

If that's so, then why TF don't we have our damn dozen?

wrong about our defence was going to maintain top 5 status throughout the year....dead wrong

wrong about that peterman may give this team a spark.....even more dead wrong...its obviously clear the kid is nowhere near NFL ready...

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, hell.  I thought EJ was a potentially talented but raw QB whose development was either non-existant or grossly mishandled.  And I disagreed when people claimed he was absolutely the worst QB ever and the Jax game was the worst outing by an NFL QB ever.  I submit the first half of last Sunday's game as Exhibit A in defense of the last point, and the whole sequence of releasing Fitz/Kolb and the bathmat/rookie OC and no QB coach/and the game plans vs. those devised for Brisset and Prescott as Exhibit B in support of the first statement.  IOW, I still loudly and firmly proclaim I was right on those points and if that makes you question my vision, Bite.....

If you watched EJ at FSU it was always the same, you could see him trying to decide "how" to make a throw. That's never going to end well. Throwing had to be natural for a QB, I don't want to revisit EJ I was just having a little fun. 

We all have our good and bad.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was wrong about Gilmore. I was convinced he would be an all-pro in Belichik’s D.

Guilty here too.  I thought he would emerge widely recognized as one of the top 5 CBs in the league once he got the Patriot Bump.  I'm wrong on all of our old players, I thought Gillislee would see a similar bump in production / profile and I'm shocked Watkins is little more than a decoy in one of the top offenses in the league.

I admit this team got me to buy in at 5-2 with what looked like several winnable games left on the schedule and a wide open AFC.  Going into the season I fully expected a 6-10 (or worse) tire fire that it looks like is still coming.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From the Senior Bowl I liked EJ the best of that QB bunch, but I viewed him as a 3rd round pick.  Thinking EJ was the best QB in that class isn't exactly wrong, it's just one of the worst classes ever.

41 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

If you watched EJ at FSU it was always the same, you could see him trying to decide "how" to make a throw. That's never going to end well. Throwing had to be natural for a QB, I don't want to revisit EJ I was just having a little fun. 

We all have our good and bad.

I'm quite open OTR as not watching college football enough to evaluate, which is why you never see me posting in the pre-draft "who we want?" threads.

I read all the pre-draft stuff about him being raw and needing development.  Maybe he was un-developable, I don't know.  But I do know 1) the Bills, having traded down and drafted him in the first as a known "has the physical profile, ? on the skills" QB, didn't "do the experiment" to try to develop him anything close to properly 2) he ain't the worst. Case rested, and happy to be judged for those opinions.

41 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I was wrong about trying to support the idea of winning this season ...We should have tanked from the beginning.

:thumbsup:

It's a point.  And sensible pro football folks don't start a tank after 5 wins already put them behind 15 teams for the 'draft position derby'.

Do, or Do Not, there is no Try.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was wrong to think that there can't possibly be that many people stupid enough to think they can assess a rookie QB based on his first 30 minutes of meaningful football - yet most of those same people think that, after 6 years in the league and 40 starts for the Bills, that the jury is still out on Tyrod Taylor's ability to be a decent NFL starter.  :blink:

He's basically still a rookie too, gug.  Hypocrisy much?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was wrong about our O-line - I am not sure how much of their suck was negated by Taylors escape ability but definitely enough to make them seem competent. I thought Nate Peterman would seem somewhat decent his first two throws were fantastic then it just went to ****, I didn't think someone could make EJ Manuel's performance against the Jaguars look like Brady in comparison. I was wrong about Dareus being a difference maker I guess some things don't show up in the stat sheet 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was wrong to think that there can't possibly be that many people stupid enough to think they can assess a rookie QB based on his first 30 minutes of meaningful football - yet most of those same people think that, after 6 years in the league and 40 starts for the Bills, that the jury is still out on Tyrod Taylor's ability to be a decent NFL starter.  :blink:

The jury IS in Tyrod is a decent NFL starter.

I was wrong on Wentz.  I thought the way he fizzled last year was because he was figured out.  He came out this year a man possessed.