Watkins needs to step up.... Woods out....

Billsfan1972

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And what do you have to add?  And again another poster who hasn't watched games, knows anything about the Rams, their offense and how they use Sammy......

Enough you and Teef and keep patting yourself on the back and not watch the Rams.  Your prerogative.....

Goff called out Sammy for quitting on a play earlier in the year. That's from a player that actually KNOWS what the play was.

Sammy admits he gets confused by defensive coverage. That's from the player himself.

What have you got? Goff is being coached/told not to throw to Watkins.

Your evidence: "I watched all the games." Pfft.

So, you know all the routes Sammy is supposed to run.

You know all the adjustments Sammy is supposed to make on those routes based on the coverage (I presume you have concluded they are all correct adjustments).

Heck, you know the entire Rams O and how its implemented, and all the adjustments and tweaks from "watching the game".

Why are you here? Why haven't you pitched your observational skills to some NFL team?

The reality is you know nothing. You see what you want to see when watching the game, and you ignore anything else that contradicts that position.

7 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Goff called out Sammy for quitting on a play earlier in the year. That's from a player that actually KNOWS what the play was.

Sammy admits he gets confused by defensive coverage. That's from the player himself.

What have you got? Goff is being coached/told not to throw to Watkins.

Your evidence: "I watched all the games." Pfft.

So, you know all the routes Sammy is supposed to run.

You know all the adjustments Sammy is supposed to make on those routes based on the coverage (I presume you have concluded they are all correct adjustments).

Heck, you know the entire Rams O and how its implemented, and all the adjustments and tweaks from "watching the game".

Why are you here? Why haven't you pitched your observational skills to some NFL team?

The reality is you know nothing. You see what you want to see when watching the game, and you ignore anything else that contradicts that position.

Congrats you are right..... I saw the play, Watkins quit and admitted that he was confused (BTW it was only the 3-4th game of the season, but keep harping on it).  

Watch a game and you will see from their formations and movements that Sammy is the odd man out on many routes.  He however has drawn the #1 cover guy and double (since you don't watch and thus can't argue the point) other receivers have room to roam and catch balls.

Just a fact, but keep patting yourself on the back.

Edited by Billsfan1972

46 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Congrats you are right..... I saw the play, Watkins quit and admitted that he was confused (BTW it was only the 3-4th game of the season, but keep harping on it).  

Watch a game and you will see from their formations and movements that Sammy is the odd man out on many routes.  He however has drawn the #1 cover guy and double (since you don't watch and thus can't argue the point) other receivers have room to roam and catch balls.

Just a fact, but keep patting yourself on the back.

i'm still waiting for you to know how anything i've said isn't correct.  you can tell us to watch the games all you want, but at this point, it's nothing more than a deflection from you for not having enough of an argument to back up that sammy isn't anything but an average wr at this point.  

you're the one who claims to watch the games, yet you've made comments that you can't back up.  by watching the game, do you know that goff is being coached to ignore sammy?  it's hard to believe at this point that you've seen anything more than rams highlights.  you let emotion override reality when it comes to watkins for some reason.  

Edited by teef

16 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm still waiting for you to know how anything i've said isn't correct.  you can tell us to watch the games all you want, but at this point, it's nothing more than a deflection from you for not having enough of an argument to back up that sammy isn't anything but an average wr at this point.  

you're the one who claims to watch the games, yet you've made comments that you can't back up.  by watching the game, do you know that goff is being coached to ignore sammy?  it's hard to believe at this point that you've seen anything more than rams highlights.  you let emotion override reality when it comes to watkins for some reason.  

And you claim that an average wr garners the top cover guy and double coverage on almost every play?  You throw out only catches and targets and I am stating facts that the All22 shows him open and by watching the game, the pass play calls, Goff's eyes and progressions that he is not looking @ Watkins. 

Yes the play call is for Watkins to preoccupy the opposing teams best defender and double coverage and make easier throws to Woods, Kugg, the TE, Gurley & Austin.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you claim that an average wr garners the top cover guy and double coverage on almost every play?  You throw out only catches and targets and I am stating facts that the All22 shows him open and by watching the game, the pass play calls, Goff's eyes and progressions that he is not looking @ Watkins. 

Yes the play call is for Watkins to preoccupy the opposing teams best defender and double coverage and make easier throws to Woods, Kugg, the TE, Gurley & Austin.

come on 72...the only "facts" you've thrown out is that goff either isn't good, or that he's being coached not to throw to sammy.  i'm not saying watkins isn't getting attention, but so what.  all top level receivers get that attention.  guess what?  they also get the production as well.  that's what it is to be an elite wr...you're covered, yet you still grab balls and score tds.  sammy has been with the rams long enough to develop some chemistry with his qb.  maybe you need to watch those games just a bit closer to see why he's not getting balls thrown is way.  maybe at some point, it's on sammy.  all i've heard about sammy's lack of production is excuses.  honestly...it took woods being out for you to think that sammy might finally get some numbers.

7 hours ago, H2o said:

And I agree that he has had some meh games, but I also think that LA has A LOT more options than some other teams right now. When you look at how McVay has them playing I think Woods has been an integral part exactly when they needed him to be. If he was still here he would be our #1, even though he reminds me more of a #2 like Peerless Price. 

Yeah I totally agree with that, Peerless is a very good comparison

• Like (+1) 1

And from Sammy Watkins......

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Sammy Watkins has a saying.

A belief, actually.

"Ninety-percent of the time, I feel like I'm open," he said. "The other 10 percent, some s--- go bad with the quarterback; a sack or something like that. But 90 percent of the time, I feel like I'm open."

If that's the case, now is the time for the Los Angeles Rams to find him.

He sees it the same way I do.......

On November 22, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

Ok....

Thats why the other top/elite WRs in the league just crank out numbers??Thats why Sammy went to Twitter to whine about targets. 

Don't you get sick of defending Watkins?

Marrone couldn't figure out how to feature him, Rex didn't feature him and now McVay isn't featuring him after the team spent a 2nd to get him in a contract year. 

Sammy is the SAME player after 4 years now. He flashes, but in 2/3 of games he is an afterthought. 

So McVay, offensive genius and COY candidate sees Sammy wide open all the time, Goff who has improved leaps and bounds this year sees Sammy wide open all the time and both guys conclude that throwing to 'lesser' players is the smarter play???

On 11/21/2017 at 7:19 AM, Doc Brown said:

I'm a little confused as well.  The article basically says they need to target Watkins more with Woods out and the OP's talking about Goff being overrated (explaining the lack of production by Watkins).  I think.  If the Rams are counting on Watkins stepping up they're in for a rude awakening.

He seems to be good at stepping up to the trainer's table, that's about it.

8 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ok....

Thats why the other top/elite WRs in the league just crank out numbers??Thats why Sammy went to Twitter to whine about targets. 

Don't you get sick of defending Watkins?

Marrone couldn't figure out how to feature him, Rex didn't feature him and now McVay isn't featuring him after the team spent a 2nd to get him in a contract year. 

Sammy is the SAME player after 4 years now. He flashes, but in 2/3 of games he is an afterthought. 

So McVay, offensive genius and COY candidate sees Sammy wide open all the time, Goff who has improved leaps and bounds this year sees Sammy wide open all the time and both guys conclude that throwing to 'lesser' players is the smarter play???

He's open but the play call is the other direction and McVay is protecting Goff who is no asked to make tough completions in traffic.

If he was in coaching Buffalo Tyrod would be an elite qb.

Watch the Rams play before an uninformed opinion.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He's open but the play call is the other direction and McVay is protecting Goff who is no asked to make tough completions in traffic.

If he was in coaching Buffalo Tyrod would be an elite qb.

Watch the Rams play before an uninformed opinion.

Who do you think you are?

Are you Charlie Weiss wearing your 3 Super Bowl rings into recruiting visits?

No, you are a common street fan with an opinion.

My opinion is Watkins is not an elite WR, doesn't produce like one. Still has not had a season as good as Steve Johnson's best 4 years in now.