Watkins needs to step up.... Woods out....

Billsfan1972

11 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

As said I expect with Woods out Goff will finally  probably need to throw to Watkins.  I expect from here to the end of the season he'll see more targets.  If he doesn't perform, stay healthy and sign for $9-$12,000,000  then I'll admit I'm wrong.

You?

Good game Sunday vs. NO.....  Going to watch?

nice.  woods has to be out for watkins to be able to get any production.  that's the sign of a elite wr.  also, before you were saying if watkins just stays healthy, he'll get 12 mill.  now you've at least added an amendment that there has to be some production involved too.  good for you.  

no.  i'm not going to watch the la game.  if i can watch bc play on saturdays and a the bills on sunday, i'm lucky.  sammy's production shouldn't be dependent whether or not i watch.  or do you want me to watch to see how a hall of fame decoy plays?

7 minutes ago, teef said:

nice.  woods has to be out for watkins to be able to get any production.  that's the sign of a elite wr.  also, before you were saying if watkins just stays healthy, he'll get 12 mill.  now you've at least added an amendment that there has to be some production involved too.  good for you.  

no.  i'm not going to watch the la game.  if i can watch bc play on saturdays and a the bills on sunday, i'm lucky.  sammy's production shouldn't be dependent whether or not i watch.  or do you want me to watch to see how a hall of fame decoy plays?

I'm a fan and not obsessed with salaries and contracts......  But since you asked I checked......

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/

Watkins stays healthy the rest of the season and definitely over $10,000,000.

As stated I have been very adamant that Goff is okay and is playing at this level due to incredible coaching, schemes and playcalling.  

Alphadawg7 has watched them and supported my observation that is entirely on Goff & the coaching that he doesn't get targeted.

BTW the Rams/NO game should be a good one.

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm a fan and not obsessed with salaries and contracts......  But since you asked I checked......

As stated I have been very adamant that Goff is okay and is playing at this level due to incredible coaching, schemes and playcalling.  

Alphadawg7 has watched them and supported my observation that is entirely on Goff & the coaching that he doesn't get targeted.

stays healthy and no increase in production?

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep if no targets, the All22 shows him beating his coverage (# cover guy) and catching the balls thrown to him no doubt...... 

You can't catch balls not thrown at you (or thrown away).

well...why would they pay him 12 mill a year (a number you used) to keep a guy they don't throw to?  wouldn't you just move on?

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Did I say the Rams?????  Again we'll see, but you don't watch the Rams so know absolutely nothing......  

you really cling onto the, "i don't watch the rams, so i can't have an opinion" thing.  i don't need to watch the rams to know sammy's production isn't any where near elite.  it's not even impressive.  so, if you think sammy will sign to another team for 12 mill, did the rams completely waster a 2nd round pick and a player?

Just now, teef said:

you really cling onto the, "i don't watch the rams, so i can't have an opinion" thing.  i don't need to watch the rams to know sammy's production isn't any where near elite.  it's not even impressive.  so, if you think sammy will sign to another team for 12 mill, did the rams completely waster a 2nd round pick and a player?

Read everything on the Rams.  Watkins, not Woods, Kupp, Austin draws the #1 cover and double.  That has made along with great schemes and pass plays it easier for Goff to have been successful.  

Everyone on the Rams is thankful for Watkins.  Watch their game and you'll see that. 

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Read everything on the Rams.  Watkins, not Woods, Kupp, Austin draws the #1 cover and double.  That has made along with great schemes and pass plays it easier for Goff to have been successful.  

Everyone on the Rams is thankful for Watkins.  Watch their game and you'll see that. 

no one tries to stretch a truth like you.  i'm sure the rams are super thankful for the decoy.  you know why you keep up with the you haven't watch the  games argument?  it's because you have nothing of substance to actually debate.  you have a certain emotional tie to watkins, and it completely blinds you how much of a disappointment he's been.  i mean, you actually tried to convince  us that goff is being coached not to throw to watkins.  do you know how amazingly absurd that sounds?   

ok.  let me ask you this.  with the way this year is going, and sammy stays on track with similar numbers he's already put up, do you think the rams will re-sign sammy for 12 mill?

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No, not really. Alpha tries to dance around the "decoy" label by declaring that Sammy has limited opportunities, but Alpha's observation describes Sammy being used at a decoy.

You, on the other hand, have declared that Goff is being coached/told NOT to throw Sammy.

And, yes, there is a difference.

18 minutes ago, teef said:

no one tries to stretch a truth like you.  i'm sure the rams are super thankful for the decoy.  you know why you keep up with the you haven't watch the  games argument?  it's because you have nothing of substance to actually debate.  you have a certain emotional tie to watkins, and it completely blinds you how much of a disappointment he's been.  i mean, you actually tried to convince  us that goff is being coached not to throw to watkins.  do you know how amazingly absurd that sounds?   

ok.  let me ask you this.  with the way this year is going, and sammy stays on track with similar numbers he's already put up, do you think the rams will re-sign sammy for 12 mill?

Your wasting your time. Debating with a Sammy fanatic is like arguing with a member of the Manson family.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Your wasting your time. Debating with a Sammy fanatic is like arguing with a member of the Manson family.

i know.  it was interesting at first, and now it's gotten a bit concerning.  i don't hate sammy, but anyone who's reasonable knows that he's been nothing but underwhelming in his time in the nfl.  i think he can do well in the right situation, but with a reputation like sammy's,  you'd think any situation is the right situation.   

12 minutes ago, teef said:

i know.  it was interesting at first, and now it's gotten a bit concerning.  i don't hate sammy, but anyone who's reasonable knows that he's been nothing but underwhelming in his time in the nfl.  i think he can do well in the right situation, but with a reputation like sammy's,  you'd think any situation is the right situation.   

Again we'll see what happens this week and if he plays 16 weeks this year & signs a $10,000,000+ contract you can continue this.

As someone who has not watched the games, it is hilarious that you go on and on about Watkins without one shred of actual evidence as to your comments.  You don't even have any anecdotal information.  Yes he is not targeted a lot........  The All22 though shows him open, so I guess that is his fault?????

This week will be interesting and is the best game @ 4:25.....  I'll be interested to see how he is used.

21 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again we'll see what happens this week and if he plays 16 weeks this year & signs a $10,000,000+ contract you can continue this.

As someone who has not watched the games, it is hilarious that you go on and on about Watkins without one shred of actual evidence as to your comments.  You don't even have any anecdotal information.  Yes he is not targeted a lot........  The All22 though shows him open, so I guess that is his fault?????

This week will be interesting and is the best game @ 4:25.....  I'll be interested to see how he is used.

again, you insist on playing the you don't watch the games card because you have no legit argument.  you've come up with such ridiculous arguments, that i wouldn't be shocked if you haven't watched a single rams game, and are just saying so to bolster your point.  

ok.  you said i don't have any evidence to my comments.  what have i been wrong about?  i've mentioned that sammy hasn't done anything to call him elite, and i've made the comment that his production since being in the nfl has been underwhelming.  what am i wrong about?  i don't think anyone reasonable can argue against these points.  

since no on reasonable can argue these points, you've literally lied making unfounded comments like taylor is a much better qb than goff, and that goff is being coached not to throw to watkins.  you call me out as making comments without actual evidence, yet you make absurd comments like this that are nothing more than nonsense you conjured up.  do you not get how posters are reading this and think you're being foolish. 

Edited by teef

1 minute ago, teef said:

again, you insist on playing the you don't watch the games card because you have no legit argument.  you've come up with such ridiculous arguments, i wouldn't be shocked if you haven't watched a single rams game, and are just saying so to bolster your point.  

ok.  you said i don't have any evidence to my comments.  what have i been wrong about.  i've mentioned that sammy hasn't done anything to call him elite, and i've made the comment that his production since being in the nfl has been underwhelming.  what am i wrong about?  i don't think anyone reasonable can argue against these points.  

since no on reasonable can argue these points, you've literally lied making unfounded comments like taylor is a much better qb than goff, and that goff is being coached not to throw to watkins.  you call me out as making comments without actual evidence, yet you make absurd comments like this that are nothing more than nonsense you conjured up?  do you not get how posters are reading this and think you're being foolish. 

Think? No, we "know".

We know because we watched all his comments. You haven't, therefore, you know nothing.

19 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Think? No, we "know".

We know because we watched all his comments. You haven't, therefore, you know nothing.

And what do you have to add?  And again another poster who hasn't watched games, knows anything about the Rams, their offense and how they use Sammy......

Enough you and Teef and keep patting yourself on the back and not watch the Rams.  Your prerogative.....

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And what do you have to add?  And again another poster who hasn't watched games, knows anything about the Rams, their offense and how they use Sammy......

Enough you and Teef and keep patting yourself on the back and not watch the Rams.  Your prerogative.....

can you describe me what i wasn't correct about?  and again, why do i have to watch the games to have an opinion that sammy isn't elite?