Watkins needs to step up.... Woods out....

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, teef said:

you literally might be the most absurd poster on this board.  you've convinced yourself watkins is some sort of superman, and will reason it out in any way, (no matter how absurd) to keep that a truth in  your head.

No I'm convinced he's a top 10 receiver, who in 2015 not 100% healthy had over 1000 yards receiving @ 17.5 yds/rec on the 29th ranked passing team.......

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No I'm convinced he's a top 10 receiver, who in 2015 not 100% healthy had over 1000 yards receiving @ 17.5 yds/rec on the 29th ranked passing team.......

i think sammy has the ability, but he's in no way a top 10 receiver now.  he just isn't.  is your measuring stick for success 1000 yards?  especially from a receiver who you think is "elite"?  no matter how you reason it out, sammy has completely underwhelmed, and has been a disappointment.  hell, the rams may have just wasted a second round pick on him.  i don't know why you insist in putting the guy on a pedestal.  he just isn't that productive.  you also seem to think the rams will pay him strictly on potential.  they'd be nuts to do that.  i think watkins can be very successful in the right situation, but so far no one has seen it.  

you can't seem to separate emotion vs reality when it comes to sammy.  it's strange.

Edited by teef

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i think sammy has the ability, but he's in no way a top 10 receiver now.  he just isn't.  is your measuring stick for success 1000 yards?  especially from a receiver who you think is "elite"?  no matter how you reason it out, sammy has completely underwhelmed, and has been a disappointment.  hell, the rams may have just wasted a second round pick on him.  i don't know why you insist in putting the guy on a pedestal.  he just isn't that productive.  you also seem to think the rams will pay him strictly on potential.  they'd be nuts to do that.  i think watkins can be very successful in the right situation, but so far no one has seen it.  

you can't seem to separate emotion vs reality when it comes to sammy.  it's strange.

And you haven't watched the Rams (I have) or game film.....

Goff is being coached to look for other receivers.  Seldom is Watkins in the slot or a bunched formation.  He is usually outside on the opposite side thus taking the #1 cover guy and help out of the play.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Goff is being coached to look for other receivers.  Seldom is Watkins in the slot or a bunched formation.  He is usually outside on the opposite side thus taking the #1 cover guy and help out of the play.

oh jesus christ.   the "you haven't watch the film" cop out.  it doesn't matter.  sammy is not productive.  in this thread alone you were trying to convince us that goff is being coached not to throw in sammy's direction.  you also tried to convince us in another thread that goff isn't nearly as good as tyrod, so you can defend sammy again.  this is getting ridiculous, and you don't even realize how absurd you sound.  

you're doing nothing but making excuses for a wr that hasn't done much at the nfl level yet.  

8 minutes ago, teef said:

oh jesus christ.   the "you haven't watch the film" cop out.  it doesn't matter.  sammy is not productive.  in this thread alone you were trying to convince us that goff is being coached not to throw in sammy's direction.  you also tried to convince us in another thread that goff isn't nearly as good as tyrod, so you can defend sammy again.  this is getting ridiculous, and you don't even realize how absurd you sound.  

you're doing nothing but making excuses for a wr that hasn't done much at the nfl level yet.  

And again you don't watch the Rams or seen the games.  7 pts vs. Minnesota andf a loss.  Too conservative like Tyrod maybe?  124 yards passing vs. Jax..... Also 10 points vs. Seattle......  Int on first pass after Washington went ahead.......  When game was on the line he didn't perform.  Looks great when team is blowing out teams......

Just like Tyrod?  Did I get that right?

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Apparently Woods was the WR we should have never let get away. He's having a fantastic year for LA. 

I would have loved to be able to keep Robert Woods, but I don't know if that was really an option? (Outside of the tag)

I read during last season that him and the Bills were not even trying to negotiate a new contract. That Woods wanted to test free agency.

I also read where he said that he really wanted to play back at home (cali) which is why he was so quick to sign with the Rams when they made an offer. 

So if the above is actually true (which I believe it is), I don't know that he would have been willing to re-sign here, outside of maybe a ridiculous overpay or tagging him. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And again you don't watch the Rams or seen the games.  7 pts vs. Minnesota andf a loss.  Too conservative like Tyrod maybe?  124 yards passing vs. Jax..... Also 10 points vs. Seattle......  Int on first pass after Washington went ahead.......  When game was on the line he didn't perform.  Looks great when team is blowing out teams......

Just like Tyrod?  Did I get that right?

again, all you have to fall back on is whether or not i watched the games.  first off, how much free time do you have that you watch all of the la games?  second, if i watch, all i'm going to see is watkins not getting the ball.  if he's not in an ideal situation, fine, but it sure seems like all elite wrs manage to get open and make big plays...while being double teamed.  i like watkins as a wr, but he's not elite, he's not a top 10 wr, and he's not getting 12 mill next year.  keep trying to convince yourself any way you want.  i think someone who's reasonable and reading through this thread know you're trying far too hard.

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

here's how I look at the "drawing double coverage and/or the team's best db" argument. Does it make your team better?

The Rams had the worst offense in the league last year in scoring, finishing 31st in passing and rushing.  Many were calling Goff a rookie bust and some were questioning Gurley's ability. The Rams hadn't had an offense that finished in the top 20 for over a decade (God, why did they keep Fisher as long as they did...).

They added 3 skill players, 2 of them from the Bills and a rookie WR.. They shored up their some. Goff is still their QB, Gurley is still their RB.

The results:

The Rams went from 32nd in the league in scoring to 2nd, even after Sunday's game.  They've already scored 300 points as opposed to something like 230 all of last season. The transformation of their offense can only be described as incredible.

Who does it hurt that he's drawing double coverage or the D's best DB?

-it hurts him, at contract time..yes, it will.

-it hurts fantasy owners who have him on his team.

If I'm a teammate, if I'm McVay, if I'm a fan of the Rams and my team is averaging 30 pts a game...more than double of the previous season...I wouldn't give a rat's ass how many passes he's caught...as long as he's drawing away coverage.

But then..I stopped playing fantasy football in the 90's.  

30 minutes ago, teef said:

again, all you have to fall back on is whether or not i watched the games.  first off, how much free time do you have that you watch all of the la games?  second, if i watch, all i'm going to see is watkins not getting the ball.  if he's not in an ideal situation, fine, but it sure seems like all elite wrs manage to get open and make big plays...while being double teamed.  i like watkins as a wr, but he's not elite, he's not a top 10 wr, and he's not getting 12 mill next year.  keep trying to convince yourself any way you want.  i think someone who's reasonable and reading through this thread know you're trying far too hard.

So you finally answered the question that you do not watch the Rams......  Was that so difficult?

I am on a spinning cycle and read and watch football on Sunday if you are interested.  Have watched a fair bit of the Rams games when on (most have been) and seen very similar to Tyrod when Sammy was here, where you know at the LOS that even if a pass they are not targeting him.  And yes I only focus on the offense as it is in stark contrast to Buffalo's and want to see Woods & Watkins.     

In 2015 Sammy was over 1000 yards and targeted 7.4/gm and missed 3 games......  The top 10 all had over 10/gm.

The Bills in 2015 were the 29th ranked pass offense.  I'd say as a % of the total passing offense that Sammy was Elite!!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sure it is. You keep believing that.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/12/nfl-los-angeles-rams-sammy-watkins-jared-goff-frustrated-offense-targets/

It’s still a work in progress with Watkins admitting he’s confused sometimes by the coverages opposing defenses are showing him, but he has the playbook “down.”

Sammy Watkins. 4 year vet WR.

Got called out for quitting on a route.

Still struggling reading defensive coverage.

= "Elite" WR

We already know the Sammy cult is going to give him a pass this season, can't wait to see what the excuses are for year 5.

12 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Sure it is. You keep believing that.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/12/nfl-los-angeles-rams-sammy-watkins-jared-goff-frustrated-offense-targets/

Sammy Watkins. 4 year vet WR.

Got called out for quitting on a route.

Still struggling reading defensive coverage.

= "Elite" WR

We already know the Sammy cult is going to give him a pass this season, can't wait to see what the excuses are for year 5.

And that article is a month old and still not targeted.  That Watkins has kept his mouth shut and been a great teammate (while open and ignored if you watch the Rams play) tells me he's showing great character.

And that article is a month old and still not targeted.  That Watkins has kept his mouth shut and been a great teammate (while open and ignored if you watch the Rams play) tells me he's showing great character.

Sammy quits on routes and can't read defenses.

You conclude Goff is being coached to not throw to Sammy because of the coverage.

You really can't see the forest because of the tress, can you?

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So you finally answered the question that you do not watch the Rams......  Was that so difficult?

I am on a spinning cycle and read and watch football on Sunday if you are interested.  Have watched a fair bit of the Rams games when on (most have been) and seen very similar to Tyrod when Sammy was here, where you know at the LOS that even if a pass they are not targeting him.  And yes I only focus on the offense as it is in stark contrast to Buffalo's and want to see Woods & Watkins.     

In 2015 Sammy was over 1000 yards and targeted 7.4/gm and missed 3 games......  The top 10 all had over 10/gm.

The Bills in 2015 were the 29th ranked pass offense.  I'd say as a % of the total passing offense that Sammy was Elite!!!!!

just because you say sammy is elite doesn't make him so.  the man hasn't shown to be elite in any year he's played.  i like him too as a wr, but he's been nothing but underwhelming. 

10 minutes ago, Cynical said:

You conclude Goff is being coached to not throw to Sammy because of the coverage.

Where did you read that?  One route he gave up on because of miscommunication?  Really reaching....... 

12 minutes ago, Cynical said:

good for you for giving it a shot.  he's never going to admit that sammy hasn't been worth the price of admission so far.  i think the rams really wasted a 2nd on the guy.

Where did you read that?  One route he gave up on because of miscommunication?  Really reaching....... 

Sammy needs it to be communicated to NOT give up on route?

Just reinforcing that "elite' status, I see.

6 minutes ago, teef said:

good for you for giving it a shot.  he's never going to admit that sammy hasn't been worth the price of admission so far.  i think the rams really wasted a 2nd on the guy.

I just find these kind of people fascinating. The amount of twisted logic they will use to justify their position is positively funny.

3 minutes ago, Cynical said:

I saw the play, did you? They were on the wrong page.  Seen a lot of receivers do it.

Also have seen Julio Jones drop a TD pass that is on all the blooper reels 2 weeks ago and yesterday another one wide open in his hands vs. Seattle.  He stinks too.......

26 minutes ago, Cynical said:

I just find these kind of people fascinating. The amount of twisted logic they will use to justify their position is positively funny.

his arguments so far are this:  you haven't seen the games...goff is being coached not to throw to sammy...sammy is elite because he had slightly over 1000 yrds in this offense.

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I saw the play, did you? They were on the wrong page.  Seen a lot of receivers do it.

Also have seen Julio Jones drop a TD pass that is on all the blooper reels 2 weeks ago and yesterday another one wide open in his hands vs. Seattle.  He stinks too.......

really?  julio jones has more than proven himself as an elite wr.  you're trying far too hard here. 

48 minutes ago, teef said:

his arguments so far are this:  you haven't seen the games...goff is being coached not to throw to sammy...sammy is elite because he had slightly over 1000 yrds in this offense.

really?  julio jones has more than proven himself as an elite wr.  you're trying far too hard here. 

Julio's drop cost them the Carolina game.  How would you react if it was Sammy.

How about watching a Rams game before making assumptions.

The 1000 yards was on the 29th passing offense and 7.5 targets a game so quite impressive actually.