Watkins needs to step up.... Woods out....

Billsfan1972

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Do you have fairy dust that erases what is already done?  Perhaps you are of the belief that you get better by repeating or living with the bad decisions or prior regimes.  Maybe it’s that you buy into the fallacy that if you have enoug great skill players they make up for deficiencies at the QB position.  

Yeah, “the process” will take time but it’s what the Bills ownership and leadership bought into.  The situation is not going to change overnight.  Let’s hope it works.

It wasnt that bad.  A few tweaks and better coaching and that 7-9 (remember they threw away the last game in 2016) is 11-5 which wpuld have been reason for a parade here.  Quit pretending we were 2-14 the last 4 years 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

To the contrary,  Watkins can run every route very well.  The one trick pony assessment is inaccurate. 

24 Rec , 4 TDs

I admittedly haven’t paid attention to the Rams other that highlights but those are not great stats for a double first round “ once in a generation” receiver.

Hated that pick the moment it happened 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It wasnt that bad.  A few tweaks and better coaching and that 7-9 (remember they threw away the last game in 2016) is 11-5 which wpuld have been reason for a parade here.  Quit pretending we were 2-14 the last 4 years 

I am not pretending we were 2-14.  I’ll make a point again - If the Bills do not answer and address the need they have at QB this merry go round of futility will continue.  Look across the NFL.  The teams that have a very good to great QB are almost always consistently competitive and make the playoffs (yes, Indy might be the most glaring exception).  The teams that had a middling to poor QB, like the Bills for the past 17 years, run on the treadmill of futility.

This regime found a way to stockpile draft picks.  If this results in finally landing the QB the team needs then good for them.  If they don’t end up with the QB that is needed they will join a long and growing list of failed regimes in Buffalo and the NFL.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I believe Sammy dropped a 3rd down pass this week and had an OPI. It’s gonna take a while for everyone to accept it but he has simply been a big disappointment there.

No he did not (ball was thrown out of bounds) and the opi the announcers were scratching their heads as to why he was called and not woods, when watkins was tripped.  

But lie if you must as makes for a better post.

Edited by Billsfan1972

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No he did not (ball was thrown out of bounds) and the opi the announcers were scratching their heads as to why he was called and not woods, when watkins was tripped.  

But lie if you must as makes for a better post.

I’m not lying, I’m going off of reports I read on Twitter while the game was on. I’ll take your word for it. 3 catches is still really disappointing. He isn’t even a top 100 receiver in receptions per game:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/receiving-receptions?rate=per-game

Think about that. In a league with 64 top 2 receivers, Sammy isn’t even in the top 100. We fleeced the Rams, period.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Personally I think Sammy Watkins is an overhyped one-trick pony.  His game has not translated well to the NFL and injuries aside, he has never been as productive as all of his supporters want to believe he is.  I am glad he is gone from the Bills.  The Doug Whaley era will go down as one of the worst in Bills history.  The price he paid for Watkins was as damaging as any of the collossal blunders made by the Bills over the years.

We-llllllll, I hope you're right.  On the Doug Whaley era anyway.

I would call it most definitely "TBD" whether the McBean era will prove superior in talent evaluation/acquisition right now.

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’m not lying, I’m going off of reports I read on Twitter while the game was on. I’ll take your word for it. 3 catches is still really disappointing. He isn’t even a top 100 receiver in receptions per game:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/receiving-receptions?rate=per-game

Think about that. In a league with 64 top 2 receivers, Sammy isn’t even in the top 100. We fleeced the Rams, period.

That's the point he is open and Goff has been coached very carefully not to throw his direction as he has garnered the best defender and double teamed.  

They've babied Goff if you watch the rams. Smart playcalling and great motion and sets.  Something buffalo doesnt do.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That's the point he is open and Goff has been coached very carefully not to throw his direction as he has garnered the best defender and double teamed.  

They've babied Goff if you watch the rams. Smart playcalling and great motion and sets.  Something buffalo doesnt do.

you literally might be the most absurd poster on this board.  you've convinced yourself watkins is some sort of superman, and will reason it out in any way, (no matter how absurd) to keep that a truth in  your head.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Rams traded for Sammy using a 2nd rounder and instructed their QB to not throw in his direction?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Rams traded for Sammy using a 2nd rounder and instructed their QB to not throw in his direction?

Watch the games.....  you really think he is the 120th best receiver in the league (targets and catches)?

Want to bet if he stays healthy he signs for $12,000,000/yr min?

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

he legitimately thinks this.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Watch the games.....  you really think he is the 120th best receiver in the league (targets and catches)?

72...do you really think, even if staying healthy, that watkins gets 12 mill for his production?  

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No I don’t think he’s worse than every team’s #3 even though that’s where his numbers put him. But $12 million per year would have him as the 8th highest receiver salary in the league. You must be nuts.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

he legitimately thinks this.

72...do you really think, even if staying healthy, that watkins gets 12 mill for his production?  

He will.  Book it.  Like those who claimed Peterman would light it up vs. Lac...

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

No I don’t think he’s worse than every team’s #3 even though that’s where his numbers put him. But $12 million per year would have him as the 8th highest receiver salary in the league. You must be nuts.

Fine $10,000,000.  It will be a lot and as a top 10 receiver.  He catches the balls thrown at him stretches the defense and is a prototypical receiver.

Edited by Billsfan1972

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He will.  Book it.  Like those who claimed Peterman would light it up vs. Lac...

people who thought peterman would light up la has zero to do with watkins being wildly overpaid at 12 mill a  year.  if he gets it, good for him though.