[Please Change Title]Mike Gillislee

Frez

Mike Gillislee has been a healthy scratch for the Patriots two weeks in a row. I guess the Patriots over paid for his services?

Contract he signed with Pats....

Gillislee's deal is for two years and is worth $6.4 million. 

In 2017, his cap number will be $3,968,750 with a base salary of $1.5 million which is fully guaranteed. He has a roster bonus of $2 million and can make up to $500,000 in per-game bonuses if he makes the 46-man rosters. 

In 2018, his cap hit comes down nearly half of what he was making in his first year of the deal making $2.4 million. Unlike 2017 his base salary of $1.9 million is non-guaranteed. His up to $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses remains the same in both years. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually the Bills were trying to sign him long term 

yea i know, but they decided it was better to let him walk to a division opponent, and enter to '17 season with no rb2. the drop off on the run game and overall offense, can only be attributed to coaching decisions and roster changes.

40 minutes ago, 87168 said:

yea i know, but they decided it was better to let him walk to a division opponent, and enter to '17 season with no rb2. the drop off on the run game and overall offense, can only be attributed to coaching decisions and roster changes.

I know what happened.  but he did fit the scheme. They started trying to sign him to an extension in February. They didn’t think anyone would pay that much for him and give up a 5th in a bad RB market. They were wrong. They didnt think he was worth the deal NE gave him as a a backup RB, to match it. Nothing to do with scheme. The issue was moreso with how they replaced him. And in hindsight they should have tendered a 2nd instead of a 5th.

Edited by YoloinOhio

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name is far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know what happened.  but he did fit the scheme. They started trying to sign him to an extension in February. They didn’t think anyone would pay that much for him and give up a 5th in a bad RB market. They were wrong. They didnt think he was worth the deal NE gave him as a a backup RB, to match it. Nothing to do with scheme. The issue was moreso with how they replaced him. And in hindsight they should have tendered a 2nd instead of a 5th.

The Bills NEVER think the right players are worth paying for but they'll go chasing after big names if they think it will put butts in the seats which was why they signed Terrell Owens and Mario Williams but traded away Jason Peters after a contract dispute and let both Chris Hogan and Robert Woods as well as horde of DBs past and present walk away.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Hmmmmmmm

good post. This board has gone full retard.

You know man, you like to come off as a douchebag FAN that knows all. Funny thing is other than your non comical snark. You come off as a fulltime idiot. Maybe YOU should reflect a bit. It may even help in other parts of your life. Everyone has opinions you seem to take delight in dumping on almost everyone elses. Your hot takes are laughable btw. 

Please put me on ignore. Your posts are boring and useless. 

3 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

You know man, you like to come off as a douchebag FAN that knows all. Funny thing is other than your non comical snark. You come off as a fulltime idiot. Maybe YOU should reflect a bit. It may even help in other parts of your life. Everyone has opinions you seem to take delight in dumping on almost everyone elses. Your hot takes are laughable btw. 

Did you miss fingerpainting again today?

You seem upset.

Also, out of curiosity, you chose a post in which I was agreeing with another poster to make that brilliant "observation?"

You really are a special one, aren't you?

Edited by joesixpack

26 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

He should be banned.  He has taken the trolling to a new level.  The guy comes across as evil.

On 21/11/2017 at 5:12 AM, Frez said:

Mike Gillislee has been a healthy scratch for the Patriots two weeks in a row. I guess the Patriots over paid for his services?

Contract he signed with Pats....

Gillislee's deal is for two years and is worth $6.4 million. 

In 2017, his cap number will be $3,968,750 with a base salary of $1.5 million which is fully guaranteed. He has a roster bonus of $2 million and can make up to $500,000 in per-game bonuses if he makes the 46-man rosters. 

In 2018, his cap hit comes down nearly half of what he was making in his first year of the deal making $2.4 million. Unlike 2017 his base salary of $1.9 million is non-guaranteed. His up to $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses remains the same in both years. 

And watch him light it up it the post season.