Let's be VERY HONEST about the O-LINE

Punt75

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Hardly the worse O-Line in the league. Its the same group that led the league in rushing 2 years in a row. True, Taylors running ability skews the numbers in a more positive light but still impressive nonetheless. Its the zone blocking scheme that has caused the issues in the run game. Same old Bills sticking square pegs in round holes.

Shady's talent combined with Roman's schemes had a lot to do with that.

One thing that amazed me about Roman's blocking schemes sometimes is that our linemen often didn't have to win their one-on-one battles.   They merely had to be in the right place at the right time.   

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

If the Bills have entered into future focus mode... I would:

Start Henderson at RT now that he can play-you have to make a decision on him

Start Groy at RG - the Bills stepped up to keep him by matching the offer sheet...use him on the field

The right side of the OL is in full matador mode with pass protection and all the big runs yesterday went to the left.

I am good with that playing for this year OR not!  

Cordy Glenn makes them look a whole lot better.  It is time we appreciated what we have in Cordy.  Put him on IR the rest of the year and concentrate on getting him healthy for 2018.  He is the 2nd best player on this team.  Look at the rush stats when he is in vs when he is out.  He had a poor game at the Jets as they all did but other than that when Glenn plays the line is passable.  When he doesn't it sucks.  

My plan for the o-line next year is get Glenn properly healthy, kick Dawkins inside to LG (I think he has more T/G versatility than he has L/R versatility), put Groy in a center, slide Richie over to RG for his final year and find a FA RT.  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Lets be real honest about the O Line --- COACH & SCHEME they both suck !

Arron Kromer our old coach is in L.A. & is the Rams new O lIne coach & Gurly along with the rest of there offense is doing really well !! I think this zone blocking scheme along with the O line coach Juan need to go !!

I for the life of me can't figure out WHY i new coach coming in that is handed a offense that has had a top 5 rushing attack for TWO YEARS IN A ROW wants to tear it down & redo it ???

They all need to check their ego's at the door & IMHO the Pegula's should have pulled a J.J. move & told Rex keep Scwartz as the D coach you run the team & now told Mc D to keep the offensive coaches last year & just run the team .

I baffles me which is easy to do but hey !! If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Lets be real honest about the O Line --- COACH & SCHEME they both suck !

Arron Kromer our old coach is in L.A. & is the Rams new O lIne coach & Gurly along with the rest of there offense is doing really well !! I think this zone blocking scheme along with the O line coach Juan need to go !!

I for the life of me can't figure out WHY i new coach coming in that is handed a offense that has had a top 5 rushing attack for TWO YEARS IN A ROW wants to tear it down & redo it ???

They all need to check their ego's at the door & IMHO the Pegula's should have pulled a J.J. move & told Rex keep Scwartz as the D coach you run the team & now told Mc D to keep the offensive coaches last year & just run the team .

I baffles me which is easy to do but hey !! If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castillo was Sean's first hire.  He is his buddy.  He is going nowhere.  

Kromer a had a OL scheme that fit the players , allowed a great running game.

Lynn let Taylor scramble and run doing what he is suited to do.

Schwartz did a great job on defense , now it's a train wreck.

This new staff is forcing schemes that do not fit the players.

Moving Dareus has impacted the D, way more that people want to believe, imho. To the extent that they have had to bring back a bigger bodied guy, to try and stem the rushing through the middle. Put simply, Dareus's presence, stopped teams from trying to run up the middle, as when he was in, he stopped it happening., That freed up the LBers and Secondary to be able to make their own plays. For the most part, I think the players do fit the defensive schemes, but they decided to create a big hole in the middle, that has become blatantly obvious, to all of our opponents.

The O-Line has been poor at pass protection, for the last few years. Quite obviously, nothing that the coaches have done, has changed that, and in moving away from the run blocking schemes that have previously worked, they have neutered what was recently a strength.  I'm curious to know who decided that with the simple addition of Ducasse over Miller, that this O-Line would be successful running a zone blocking system, as they obviously don't qualify as the smartest guy in the room.

When fit, Glenn rarely gets beat. Incognitos swan song aside, healthy he is far and away our best O-Lineman. (Glenn)

After the way Groy performed in place of the injured Woods last season, you would have to think that perhaps we simply aren't putting the best guys out there. While Glenn is still unfit, you could give the interior a boost by using Groy at Center, and moving Woods back to RG, where he started his career for us.

I think that Dawkins shows  some promise, and it's a big ask for him to start as a rookie, but needs must. Henderson should be being given a shot, as the RT simply isn't doing anything.

• Like (+1) 1