Of all our "hot" starts, is this by far the worst?

Steptide

I'd definitely have to say yes. I know we got beat down by teams in those previous years where the bills started hot, but I don't remember having 3 straight games where the bills just got completely annihilated after starting so well. 

I've been dwelling on what happened to this team the last few weeks. 2 and half weeks ago, the national media was praising the bills and all talking how we were going back to the playoffs this year. It's absolutely mind boggling that 2 and a half weeks ago we were 5-2. I don't even recognize this team right now. 

2011 I'd say is about equal if not worse.   Remember we had the big Patriots win in week 3 that year where it felt we finally got that monster off our shoulders.  After a 5-2 start that year as well:

Week 9 Loss to Jets 27-11

Week 10 Loss to Cowboys 44-7

Week 11 Loss to Dolphins 35-8

Following that recipe were due to get one more win this year.  It's like this year I almost saw this coming even though I wished it didnt

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

2011 I'd say is about equal if not worse.   Remember we had the big Patriots win in week 3 that year where it felt we finally got that monster off our shoulders.  After a 5-2 start that year as well:

Week 9 Loss to Jets 27-11

Week 10 Loss to Cowboys 44-7

Week 11 Loss to Dolphins 35-8

Following that recipe were due to get one more win this year.  It's like this year I almost saw this coming even though I wished it didnt

Interesting. I remember those 3 games in 2011, but I actually forgot how badly we lost in those games. 

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd definitely have to say yes. I know we got beat down by teams in those previous years where the bills started hot, but I don't remember having 3 straight games where the bills just got completely annihilated after starting so well. 

I've been dwelling on what happened to this team the last few weeks. 2 and half weeks ago, the national media was praising the bills and all talking how we were going back to the playoffs this year. It's absolutely mind boggling that 2 and a half weeks ago we were 5-2. I don't even recognize this team right now. 

I would have to go with 2011, myself.  5-2.  We had a strong rushing game with FredEx and Spiller, well over 100 yds in 5 of 7 games.  We had a LT.  We beat the Patriots.  We lost to the Giants, who won the Superbowl that year, by 3 points - in fact, both our losses were by 3 points.  We finally had a QB who seemed able to throw a forward pass and a "goon squad" of WR who looked as though they could catch them.  We had Dareus as our new DL stud, and what looked like improved LB in Nick Barnett from GB and Kelvin Sheppard vs Pozlusney and Ayodele.

Then we beat Washington, and the wheels fell off.

This year, I have not been happy about our offense since the second game against the Panthers.  I know 9-3 doesn't look like a blowout, but our O was so inept it just looked like "trouble ahead".  Maybe it was the huge fall-off from last year's run game to this, or various people I respect here going to preseason games and saying they weren't too impressed with Dennison's schemes, but I've been all "withhold judgement" from Game 2

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

38 minutes ago, dayman said:

This is the worst. The beat downs were the biggest and they came at the hands of the Jets and Chargers of all teams (Saints are pretty legit this season)

The Chargers are legit too.  They’ve had terrible luck, could easily be 2 or 3 wins better.

In the weak AFC, they are still in the playoff hunt.

Edited by KD in CA

2 minutes ago, dayman said:

This is the worst. The beat downs were the biggest and they came at the hands of the Jets and Chargers of all teams (Saints are pretty legit this season)

Even the saints game shouldn't have been a blowout though. The redskins pretty much dominated the saints all game yesterday. It's pretty sad our starting offense could only put up 3 points on them at home. Redskins put up 31 points against them in New Orleans. I know though, any given Sunday 

This year is worse because it seemed like things were lining up.  5 - 2 start, good defense and an adequate offense to be competitive.  The Jets game looked like a win as did the Chargers game.  I figured they would be 7 - 3 right now worse case.  After these three blowouts I think beating Indy will be a challenge.  I am not sure they could beat the Browns or niners right now.  

43 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Yes but mostly because every time it happens again it’s the worst time 

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would have to go with 2011, myself.  5-2.  We had a strong rushing game with FredEx and Spiller, well over 100 yds in 5 of 7 games.  We had a LT.  We beat the Patriots.  We lost to the Giants, who won the Superbowl that year, by 3 points - in fact, both our losses were by 3 points.  We finally had a QB who seemed able to throw a forward pass and a "goon squad" of WR who looked as though they could catch them.  We had Dareus as our new DL stud, and what looked like improved LB in Nick Barnett from GB and Kelvin Sheppard vs Pozlusney and Ayodele.

Then we beat Washington, and the wheels fell off.

This year, I have not been happy about our offense since the second game against the Panthers.  I know 9-3 doesn't look like a blowout, but our O was so inept it just looked like "trouble ahead".  Maybe it was the huge fall-off from last year's run game to this, or various people I respect here going to preseason games and saying they weren't too impressed with Dennison's schemes, but I've been all "withhold judgement" from Game 2

Yeah the Jets game that year was definitely one of the most disappointing games of the drought

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Too early to tell. Our other 2 we finished 6-10 and 7-9. So if we don't win another which we may well not, then yeah. Otherwise, no.

Other two? We went 4-2 last year, in 2014 we started 5-3 and back in 04 we were 9-6 and I shouldn't even have to tell you how that ended. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is what we get for drinking the Kool Aid.   

Thing is I never really did this year. I went into this season with zero expectations. What is disappointing to me is the enormous drop off that happened after the raiders game. I could at least respect if we lost the last 3 games in a respectable fashion, but I got Nothin 

Just now, Steptide said:

Thing is I never really did this year. I went into this season with zero expectations. What is disappointing to me is the enormous drop off that happened after the raiders game. I could at least respect if we lost the last 3 games in a respectable fashion, but I got Nothin 

I’m clueless as what happened to the defense.   

There is no way all of those INTs and strips were “pure luck”