The only thing left to try: play the young guys on Defense

At this point we have pretty much pushed every possible button. Nothing seems to be working. I realize the season is probably all but over after yesterday...But (IMO) there is one last thing to try. One last ditch effort here to right this ship. One last shot to try and save this season. Play the young guys on Defense. 

Everyone wants to talk about the QB. That’s the world we live in. The biggest issue with this team by a mile is the Defense. We can’t stop anyone. We can’t cover, we can’t tackle, we can’t get off blocks, we can’t get to the QB, we don’t confuse anyone, we don’t take the ball away, we don’t make stops. I don’t care who the QB is. If this is what McDermott’s Defense is going to be, we might as well just fire him now. The players stink, the coaches stink, the scheme stinks, the game plan stinks, we are old and we are slow. None of these things are going to change with the same group of players taking the field. All that’s left to do now is to either play the young guys, or pack up. You never know what an infusion of youth will do to the energy of a team. Especially on Defense. Younger, faster, more physical players going all out for a pay day...you may get lucky and strike it rich. The guys on the field now are not going to just get better. We are what we are. I would like to see us run out a front 7 of

Lawson Washington Colman Yarbarough

Vallejo   Milano    Lacey

Put the vets on notice. If we are playing for the future, let’s see what we have in these younger guys. I realize Kyle Williams is a god to most Bills fans but look at our run defenses with him as the main interior defender. They are almost always terrible. His better days are way behind him. Hughes seems to have taken a major step back and his attitude has never matched what this staff preaches. Preston Brown runs like he has a piano on his back and is the worst player on the field every Sunday. Lorenzo Alexander is a great STs player and story, he is way to slow to be on the field on defense. Humber started out looking like an amazing find. The last few games he settled back into his journeyman, nobody level of play

I’m not saying it is going to help and I’m not saying any of these guys are going to be good, but it can’t be worse. IMO the best thing for us now and down the road, is to say out with the old and in with the new. Let’s get a look at the guys we may have going forward and you never know what a young hungry group of Defenders will play like. Maybe we can find lightning in a bottle with a one or two of these guys? It can’t possibly be worse then what is has been the last 3 weeks.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

Can I edit it?