Did we miss the deadline for the comp pick?

12 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We need to cut Ducasse and Holmes this week in order to secure a third round pick.  Neither player is a must keep or long term solution.  I would be shocked if either are with us in Kansas City

I thought it was week 10 deadline?

I thought it was prior to week 10 but it doesn't appear that they will dump them even if there's still time. McDermott said when asked directly during a PC last week that he thinks those guys are doing a great job and has no plans to release them.

Edited by vincec

Just now, vincec said:

I thought it was prior to week 10. It doesn't appear that they will dump them. McDermott said when asked directly during a PC last week that he thinks those guys are doing a great job and has no plans to release them.

Makes no sense.  He trades others at the drop of a hat for less than they are worth and holds on to guys that are not worth what we could get.

8 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Makes no sense.  He trades others at the drop of a hat for less than they are worth and holds on to guys that are not worth what we could get.

Agree. It makes no sense, but he's the boss. The results will speak for themselves I guess.

Could have gotten KB for free essentially

OTC (overthecap) has a great piece on this. Turns out the formula is "super secret", but many folks have figured out some basic guidelines/tendencies. It is week 10.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/