Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • SDS

      Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

      I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
Sign in to follow this  
BadLandsMeanie

Bills Snap Count Tell Contributes To Loss?

Recommended Posts

Hi folks a couple of things I noticed from the film here. We all know the pass rush was suffocating.

 

By my crude measure, Peterman was being hit in 2 seconds or less on some of the interceptions.

 

For the last (5th), the Charger gets by Dawkins and hits Peterman as he lets the ball go.

 

My question is, look at Dawkins as the man gets by him.

It looks like holds his head in his hands while the play is still running. What is he doing there? It looks to me like he knows he screwed up bad and can't even bear to look at what is going to happen? Anybody know what he may have been up to? Did he get poked in the eye? Why would somebody do that instead of at least trying to re-engage their man? The play starts at 2:31 Dawkins is on the left side.

 

Last and the main part of my post. When I watch Peterman in the shotgun, he doesn't put his hands out for the ball until just before they hike it.

He does this every time. Which means the defense knows when the ball will be snapped, every time.

 

Do you see that too? I don't understand why any one of our coaches did not stop him from doing that 1) In practice 2) After the first series in which he used the shotgun. I don't get how that could be missed, unless there I something else I am not understanding?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hi folks a couple of things I noticed from the film here. We all know the pass rush was suffocating.

 

By my crude measure, Peterman was being hit in 2 seconds or less on some of the interceptions.

 

For the last (5th), the Charger gets by Dawkins and hits Peterman as he lets the ball go.

 

My question is, look at Dawkins as the man gets by him.

It looks like holds his head in his hands while the play is still running. What is he doing there? It looks to me like he knows he screwed up bad and can't even bear to look at what is going to happen? Anybody know what he may have been up to? Did he get poked in the eye? Why would somebody do that instead of at least trying to re-engage their man? The play starts at 2:31 Dawkins is on the left side.

 

Last and the main part of my post. When I watch Peterman in the shotgun, he doesn't put his hands out for the ball until just before they hike it.

He does this every time. Which means the defense knows when the ball will be snapped, every time.

 

Do you see that too? I don't understand why any one of our coaches did not stop him from doing that 1) In practice 2) After the first series in which he used the shotgun. I don't get how that could be missed, unless there I something else I am not understanding?

 

 

 

You know JP Losman would do this thing with his foot on running plays and you knew it every time - happened all season long too.  You know that opposing players and coaches pick up on this even if only subconsciously.  I didn't notice the hand gesture throughout the game, but I couldn't really watch it too closely after the 1st quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fanbase is giving this coaching staff way too much credit................it almost seems to me that they are flying by the seat of their pants and making it up as they go along.

 

Changing up the snap count is fundamental football, man and apparently our coaching staff hasn't figured that one out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I think the fanbase is giving this coaching staff way too much credit................it almost seems to me that they are flying by the seat of their pants and making it up as they go along.

 

Changing up the snap count is fundamental football, man and apparently our coaching staff hasn't figured that one out yet.

Yep, our coaching is terrible all around.

 

I get the trust the process thing was cool while the Bills were doing good, but that gets old very fast when you get destroyed 3 weeks in a row

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have a good team.  I think our coach and GM are stellar and are beginning to set a standard at OBD.  We have won more games then I anticipated and believe we are building for the future.  We all want to fire the coach and hire who?  Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher?  Those guys will not coach again.  McBeane are learning and I love their approach to getting a team of character guys and in a few years we will be signing their praises

Edited by Dunkirk Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 of the INT pressure come to him throwing motion off and throw Lineman into him lots = force the ball off balance. Last INT on Peterman. FB was not ready should of been for first one. 

Less then 2 secs to throw as well.

 

Bill's O-LINE sucks badly. We have seen Tyrod struggle in it. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

3 of the INT pressure come to him throwing motion off and throw Lineman into him lots = force the ball off balance. Last INT on Peterman. FB was not ready should of been for first one. 

 

Bill's O-LINE sucks badly. We have seen Tyrod struggle in it. 

 

This is a little incoherent, but I think you mean to say 3 of the INTs were not Peterman's fault because his OLman was pressured into him and he threw off balance.

 

I disagree.  It is his fault.  Most young QB dont throw 5 INTs in their first half because they realize it is dangerous to loose off a rainbow as you're being hit, and know they are better off to tuck the ball and eat it if they can't safely throw it OOB.  It's usually old gunslingers like Favre or  Fitzpatrick who are overconfident and try to force things (because they've gotten away with it 95 times) that rack up the INTs.

 

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Last and the main part of my post. When I watch Peterman in the shotgun, he doesn't put his hands out for the ball until just before they hike it.

He does this every time. Which means the defense knows when the ball will be snapped, every time.

 

Do you see that too? I don't understand why any one of our coaches did not stop him from doing that 1) In practice 2) After the first series in which he used the shotgun. I don't get how that could be missed, unless there I something else I am not understanding?

 

Peterman did have a couple good throws at the start of the game.  I forgot.

 

I didn't notice that, but I think you're right, good catch and boo! on our coaches not to catch that and coach him out of it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

This is a little incoherent, but I think you mean to say 3 of the INTs were not Peterman's fault because his OLman was pressured into him and he threw off balance.

 

I disagree.  It is his fault.  Most young QB dont throw 5 INTs in their first half because they realize it is dangerous, and they are better off to tuck the ball and eat it if they can't safely throw it OOB.  It's usually old gunslingers like Favre or  Fitzpatrick who are overconfident and try to force things (because they've gotten away with it 95 times) that rack up the INTs.

 

 

It was when he was set up to throw motion (already into it) then pushed O-Line into him or got to him hurry. 

 

Still O-Line horrible. Even with Tyrod/

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×