[closed]Anyone listening to McDermott's News Conference

Billsfan1972

I'll say this: if Peterman gets the start against KC, wouldn't he "have to" get the start against the Pats at home? To start out on the road in first two games, but not start at home? That wouldn't make sense to me, but then again....wth do I know? 

In a way I would respect the decision to stick with Peterman. If McDermott genuinely feels that Tyrod has no future here then he might as well. If we lose the rest of our games as a result maybe that’s what he’s secretly aiming for now.

But for all the talk about accountability, shouldn’t Dennison be on the hot seat?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

he probably knows that the writing is on the wall for the defense, not enough talent, not getting the lucky bounces anymore and he wants to evaluate Peterman to have all the information he needs before the 2018 draft

I keep reading this and SMH.  What exactly is this crying evaluation need?

A 5th round QB who played mediocre against 3rd stringers in preseason and set NFL records for "bad" in his first NFL start is not someone you hang your franchise future to, even if he has 2 or 3 decent games.  You hope he will improve, but you don't bet the franchise future on his improvement to be "the Man".  You look very hard to improve with the best QB you can get your hands on by draft or trade, and let the best man win.

I'm having flashbacks to the days when fans were almighty upset that we waived Levi Brown because My God!  Other teams were waiting to snatch up our 7th round draftee.  Nuts.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

In a way I would respect the decision to stick with Peterman. If McDermott genuinely feels that Tyrod has no future here then he might as well. If we lose the rest of our games as a result maybe that’s what he’s secretly aiming for now.

But for all the talk about accountability, shouldn’t Dennison be on the hot seat?

Dennison's butt is burning. It would take a total turn-around on offense (probably with Peterman at QB) for him to keep his job after Week 17.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This is a joke.......  Actually I want a coach who can face his mistake, take his lumps and move forward.

Peterman was not the #1 pick in the draft.  He is a 5th round draft pick.

I mean......sure......but starting Peterman was just the latest in a long line of mistakes.

Gotta' stop making mistakes first........but he just keeps digging himself in deeper.

He's done an extraordinary amount of damage in just one season.   Impressive really.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Dennison's butt is burning. It would take a total turn-around on offense (probably with Peterman at QB) for him to keep his job after Week 17.

I hope so. I guess it’s too late to make a change now. I hate his run scheme. He has that awful coaching tic where he thinks that if the defense is expecting a pass he has to run. That’s the only explanation for the constant runs on 2nd and long.

Here's the thing about mistakes, NFL coaches don't want to admit a mistake.

So even if the right move is to go back to Taylor (at least for the next few weeks), it likely won't happen because McD would look weak especially to the rest of the team.

He's trying to send a message and pretty sure he could care less about the veterans who are all long gone from this team after the next 6 games anyway. Plus if guys truly quit he'll just bench them and start all backups and 3rd stringers.

Either way the future seems pretty bleak as we approach the offseason.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I mean......sure......but starting Peterman was just the latest in a long line of mistakes.

Gotta' stop making mistakes first........but he just keeps digging himself in deeper.

He's done an extraordinary amount of damage in just one season.   Impressive really.

But McDermott had his defenders and was doing a great job of deflecting.  Rex, Whaley, Tyrod, cap space, bad apples, not his type of player......

And it will be worse in KC vs. a hostile home crowd.  

It's not fair to Peterman......  

Edited by Billsfan1972

[This is an automated response]This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. Thank you.

Topic already being discussed in this thread: