Lets just go for Kirk Cousins in the offseason

Buffalo03

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Cousins is a far better bet than any QB coming out this year, although the price tag will be high.  The Redskins’ schedule this year has been absolutely brutal, but Cousins’s numbers the last two and a half years are borderline elite. I don’t understand why he is so little respected around here.

He sucks out loud.  He makes some good plays and negates them with boneheaded mistakes and lots of them.  25+ for that?  Nope.

46 minutes ago, JM57 said:

What description did Beane give

Someone who doesn't do vulgar things on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

He sucks out loud.  He makes some good plays and negates them with boneheaded mistakes and lots of them.  25+ for that?  Nope.

Someone who doesn't do vulgar things on the sidelines.

Oh Jesus Christ on a cracker I've seen closeups of Tom Brady cursing out his offensive teammates on the sidelines for 15+ years and we're going to pass on a quarterback for a little crotch grab? Save me the righteousness. I want someone who is absolutely driven to win, not a team of good sweet choir boys.

The only issue I have with this, other than his age, is that it would most likely take ALL the Cap money the Bills are projected to have next year. Which means, you have just the Draft to fix all the other areas on the team. As opposed to using your Draft capital to take a QB in the 1st, either with ONE of their two picks (preferrably) or using both to trade up, but using the same amount of FA money to address Dline, Oline, LBer, Corner and along with depth at WR, Safety, and TE. Then, in the Draft you can still take the QB plus more Dline, Oline, WR, and LBer....

Cap space and draft picks are resources.  Picking up Cousins would eat up a lot of cap space but preserve a lot of draft picks.  The 5 players we draft in the first 3 rounds should be quality players who will have a cheap salary for 4-5 years.  This should offset some of Cousins huge contract.  My only reservation is that teams with slightly above average QBs with huge salaries have not done well recently.  

8 hours ago, Bakin said:

Does anyone realize the Cousins led Skins have a worse record than the Tyrod led Bills??

Losses to the Eagles twice, Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, and Chiefs. That is an insane schedule. No bad losses, whereas the Bills have lost to the Jets, Bengals, and Chargers.

Washington has a bad defense, just like the Bills. That is why they aren't a playoff team. Drew Brees doesn't make the playoffs when his defense sucks either. But Cousins at least is leading a top 10 offense, and that is despite injury to Jordan Reed and losing Desean Jackson and Garcon in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Losses to the Eagles twice, Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, and Chiefs. That is an insane schedule. No bad losses, whereas the Bills have lost to the Jets, Bengals, and Chargers.

Washington has a bad defense, just like the Bills. That is why they aren't a playoff team. Drew Brees doesn't make the playoffs when his defense sucks either. But Cousins at least is leading a top 10 offense, and that is despite injury to Jordan Reed and losing Desean Jackson and Garcon in the offseason.

And for reasons unknown, there is a APB out on Terrelle Pryor....

Wouldn’t be surprised if we allocated all of our draft picks and FA money on the OL and DL/LBs while going with Tyrod and Nate next year.  ( and maybe using a mid rd pick in a Qb).  The DL and LBs are most likely the worst units in the nfl.  We don’t have one starting caliber LB in a scheme that really emphasizes fast LB play and coverage ability.  

Leonard Johnson needs to be upgraded as well.  He was burned on the reg today by Keenan Allen. What a day for mr allen.  QB is a major issue and the most important part of the puzzle but you saw how successful drew Brees was the last few years playing with a bottom 5 defense.  Our defense is currently broken.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Cousins will be a Bill.  God told him not to sign with Washington.  Pegula, McDermott and Cousins will be the Christian connection.

6 hours ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

I love how excuses for other team's QBs are ok and we should pay them 30$ M for mediocrity. 

I think I read somewhere that Cousins leads the league in Red Zone interceptions?? Not sure if true but some skins fan told me this. 

Of course, our own QB, with his limitations, should be bagging groceries. 

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly....we've already managed to win too many games to go after a Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold. We may even be out of the Mason Rudolph level. You know what you have in Kirk Cousins and he can give you 6-8 quality years. You have no problem wasting money on Dareus or Mario Williams. Why not a qb this time?

I disagree.  if Buffalo ends up with a top 15 pick they have plenty of ammo to send to San Fran.  Assuming they keep Jimmy G they will be moving down on draft night.  

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd rather draft our own guy and I'd be surprised if he decided to come to Buffalo if he reaches UFA. 

Why can't we draft our own guy and let him learn behind Cousins? Just look at the current roster Cousins is playing with. Second and third string Oline, second and 3rd string receivers. Horrible defense. I believe that this Bills team as constructed now with starters being healthy and Cousins, could compete for SB. Cousins is a baller. Let the drafted QB, like a Josh Allen, learn from Cousins for a couple seasons 

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Why can't we draft our own guy and let him learn behind Cousins? Just look at the current roster Cousins is playing with. Second and third string Oline, second and 3rd string receivers. Horrible defense. I believe that this Bills team as constructed now with starters being healthy and Cousins, could compete for SB. Cousins is a baller. Let the drafted QB, like a Josh Allen, learn from Cousins for a couple seasons 

Anything could happen, but if he gets to UFA I believe he chooses another destination and that just fine by me. 

21 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't want to waste another 5 years waiting to see if a drafted QB is going to work out again. Lets just go for the proven guy. Go get Kirk Cousins in the offseason and focus the draft on other needs

I was against this for the longest time but I'm slowly starting to come around to this type of thinking I think if you were able to sign cousins along with our big hall of draft picks you can be competitive super quickly.  We need to invest heavily whether through the draft or free agency on our offenseive line and defensive line it should be priority number one other than quarterback obviously