Lets just go for Kirk Cousins in the offseason

Buffalo03

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The problem with this though, is if you miss in the draft then you set this team back another 5 years. With our track record of drafting the past 17 years we will most likely end up drafting the wrong guy. Cousins easily has another 10 years ahead of him. It would be the same as drafting our own guy except we would be paying him a lot more money up front

If our drafting doesn't get better, it won't matter who plays QB. Keep in mind, we just replaced our ENTIRE personnel staff. Let's see what they can do. Cousins may make us OK, but if we want to win it all, we have to swing for the fences. There are 31 other teams all after the same prize.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

The problem with this though, is if you miss in the draft then you set this team back another 5 years. With our track record of drafting the past 17 years we will most likely end up drafting the wrong guy. Cousins easily has another 10 years ahead of him. It would be the same as drafting our own guy except we would be paying him a lot more money up front

Exactly....we've already managed to win too many games to go after a Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold. We may even be out of the Mason Rudolph level. You know what you have in Kirk Cousins and he can give you 6-8 quality years. You have no problem wasting money on Dareus or Mario Williams. Why not a qb this time?

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly....we've already managed to win too many games to go after a Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold. We may even be out of the Mason Rudolph level. You know what you have in Kirk Cousins and he can give you 6-8 quality years. You have no problem wasting money on Dareus or Mario Williams. Why not a qb this time?

Mayfield doesn't fit the description Beane gave of a franchise QB.  I hope people aren't setting their hearts on him.

Edited by purple haze

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

You won't have to pay him that much money. He would only make that much money by being on the franchise tag for a 3rd straight year, otherwise we could get him for between $20-$25 million a season. I wouldn't call him a little above average either. He's a fairly good QB if you ask me

Cousins market value will be right around 30- 35 mil a year for 5-7 years and someone will pay it. Do a market analysis and this is what you will come up with. I dont want to be handcuffed by a qb who does alot of sloppy, stupid things. There is a reason the Niners traded for Jimmy G and didnt wait on Cousins.

49 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

$27-30m per season when all is said and done. 

He's a good QB, I just don't think he's great, and certainly not elite. 

I'd pass. 

Cousins is a far better bet than any QB coming out this year, although the price tag will be high.  The Redskins’ schedule this year has been absolutely brutal, but Cousins’s numbers the last two and a half years are borderline elite. I don’t understand why he is so little respected around here.

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't want to waste another 5 years waiting to see if a drafted QB is going to work out again. Lets just go for the proven guy. Go get Kirk Cousins in the offseason and focus the draft on other needs

Good God just stop. He is a loser.He personally gave the saints the win today with his stupidity. he has proven that he is not at all a winner.Just the Rx for buffalo;)

12 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Does anyone realize the Cousins led Skins have a worse record than the Tyrod led Bills??

Wow, some awful takes in this thread.  You also realize that Phil Rivers has led the Chargers to a much worse record than Tyrod since 2015, and that Drew Brees has led the Saints to one more win than Tyrod during that time, right?

11 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Good God just stop. He is a loser.He personally gave the saints the win today with his stupidity. he has proven that he is not at all a winner.Just the Rx for buffalo;)

Please explain how a guy who was 22-30, for 320 yards, 3tds and zero ints cost his team the game.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

i think cousins is exactly the type of QB this front office wants. and they have the money to go after him. they'll be bidding against the skins and the jets. 

I'm just tired of losing. do whatever it takes. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't want to waste another 5 years waiting to see if a drafted QB is going to work out again. Lets just go for the proven guy. Go get Kirk Cousins in the offseason and focus the draft on other needs

This may be the best option, as we have won too many games to get the top pick and would have to trade a ton to get Rosen.

5 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Maybe Alex Smith would give us 5 years or so to rebuild but still contend 

I'd take him too.

6 hours ago, purple haze said:

Mayfield doesn't fit the description Beane gave of a franchise QB.  I hope people aren't setting their hearts on him.

What description did Beane give