Lets just go for Kirk Cousins in the offseason

Buffalo03

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Cousins is going to be a hot commodity in the off season. A lot of teams are going to go after him............i'm pretty sure we're going to overpay and give up too many draft picks to acquire him.

0 draft picks will be used to acquire Cousins, unless they promise him they'll use them on OL/WR, which we need anyway.

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Cousins is going to be a hot commodity in the off season. A lot of teams are going to go after him............i'm pretty sure we're going to overpay and give up too many draft picks to acquire him.

I'm thinkin' if he hits the straight up FA market which he has been wanting to do, he'll pull in 30+ mil per year.  It's gonna be a feeding frenzy.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

You're putting way too much emphasis on this stuff. You act like he is the whole team. You have to have more than just a QB to be successful. A better QB than Tyrod which he is will make your team better. How many playoff games has Drew Brees won in the last 3 years? How many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win? Those are Hall of Fame QBs that didn't have the extra pieces they needed to make a run but you better believe the Dolphins wouldn't have even had a chance without Marino. He made that team better than it was. 

What other assets does Kirk have around him in washington? The defense isn't that great. He lost his two main receivers and his tight end is always hurt and he is still much better than anything we have had the last 15 years. The first step toward a successful franchise is a 4000 yard passer. Once you do that and put the necessary pieces around him then you have a contender

Just to add to the Washington situation, the front office has been a hot mess for years now, the only guy with a clue was canned for "being a alcoholic", and they have been and were a dysfunctional mess. Snyder is clueless and has a habit of putting "yes men" in power, should sound familiar. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills can win, and win a lot with Cousins, but he needs everything around him to be close to perfect. Solid NFL QB, not like Rodgers or Brady.

Do you wanna spend half your salary cap space on just a SOLID QB?

If I am McBeane I am keeping a close on Luck. If he is healthy, I'd be interested in giving the Colts something in the 2019 draft. I'm not giving away picks in this draft for a QB coming off an injury and could be a question mark.

Luck is on the Rodgers level, Cousins is not. And if nothing can't be worked out, just draft the QB and develop him, for once. There are enough very good QB prospects in this draft and the Bills should get their hands on one.

I'm sure though that they'll explore Cousins, and, maybe, Luck though.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills can win, and win a lot with Cousins, but he needs everything around him to be close to perfect. Solid NFL QB, not like Rodgers or Brady.

Do you wanna spend half your salary cap space on just a SOLID QB?

If I am McBeane I am keeping a close on Luck. If he is healthy, I'd be interested in giving the Colts something in the 2019 draft. I'm not giving away picks in this draft for a QB coming off an injury and could be a question mark.

Luck is on the Rodgers level, Cousins is not. And if nothing can't be worked out, just draft the QB and develop him, for once. There are enough very good QB prospects in this draft and the Bills should get their hands on one.

I'm sure though that they'll explore Cousins, and, maybe, Luck though.

Please. The Colts GM would laugh at OBD if they called with something like that offered with Luck healthy and ready to roll. 

The Jets and Broncos would be good locations for him. If he leaves Washington I see the Broncos as a good landing spot for him. I just don't see Buffalo as a likely destination. The talk in Washington is if he doesn't sign the team would franchise him and then try to work out a deal for him.  

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Jets and Broncos would be good locations for him. If he leaves Washington I see the Broncos as a good landing spot for him. I just don't see Buffalo as a likely destination. The talk in Washington is if he doesn't sign the team would franchise him and then try to work out a deal for him.  

Can the Redskins afford to keep Cousins if a deal cannot be worked out with another team?  I thought I saw somewhere this would be cap prohibitive, but this could be off.

Funny thing is Cousins was Mike Shanahan's pick, RGIII was Danny Snyder's pick, both drafted the same year.  Their exGM, Scott McGloughan (sp?), who they fired last spring wanted to get a deal done for Cousins two years ago to avoid just this very situation, from what I understand.  Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen couldn't make up their minds so the deal never got done.  The Redskins FO is a dysfunctional mess, which may not get better anytime soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Heck yeah.  It's going to be the biggest FA story and no one knows what other waves it will cause.

I can count 8 teams (including us) that could be in play for him.

Just now, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Get it done,

Sign Cousins, trade TT for a 4th or 5th, use the draft picks to load the oline and dline, and go get a Burner of a WR in FA.

AFC is ours!

Cousins cannot just be signed. Washington has to make him available via either non-exclusive Franchise Tag or Transition Tag.  It's totally in their control.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Can the Redskins afford to keep Cousins if a deal cannot be worked out with another team?  I thought I saw somewhere this would be cap prohibitive, but this could be off.

Funny thing is Cousins was Mike Shanahan's pick, RGIII was Danny Snyder's pick, both drafted the same year.  Their exGM, Scott McGloughan (sp?), who they fired last spring wanted to get a deal done for Cousins two years ago to avoid just this very situation, from what I understand.  Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen couldn't make up their minds so the deal never got done.  The Redskins FO is a dysfunctional mess, which may not get better anytime soon.

44% raise for the next franchise tag.

$34.5 Million

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I can fully see the Broncos making a major play for Cousins.