Lets just go for Kirk Cousins in the offseason

Buffalo03

Not without an easy out that is VERY cap friendly.  

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

With all of the Cousins discussions today and yesterday brought on by Dunkirk Don's reported "insider information" that the Bills are in the Cousins game if he makes it to FA, ESPN posted this graphic:

DQ786xTWsAAeTNl.jpg:large

This obviously does not tell the whole story, but as we can Tyrod a few slots down - he runs when he doesn't need to and holds the ball too long and has amazing escapability - but Kirk is more the pocket passer - which IMHO means this graphic is more important to him.

Those state are not worth a plug nickel

How did Tom Brady do Sunday night when pressured? 

0 for 11 or 0 for 13 on 3rd down?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 11/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, Buffalo03 said:

I don't want to waste another 5 years waiting to see if a drafted QB is going to work out again. Lets just go for the proven guy. Go get Kirk Cousins in the offseason and focus the draft on other needs

We already have him, and possibly a better version in NP.

47 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not without an easy out that is VERY cap friendly.  

Those state are not worth a plug nickel

How did Tom Brady do Sunday night when pressured? 

0 for 11 or 0 for 13 on 3rd down?  

I get your point, and I'm not saying this is or is not an endorsement of Cousins, I just thought it deserved to be resurfaced given the "hot debate" in the other two threads about Dennison and Cousins. 

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I get your point, and I'm not saying this is or is not an endorsement of Cousins, I just thought it deserved to be resurfaced given the "hot debate" in the other two threads about Dennison and Cousins. 

every QB out there is a "hot debate"  It's the nature of the beast when you are in QB purgatory  

21 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

"PLEASE NO MORE 2ND HAND QUARTERBACKS!!!" If they are "ALL" that, why are they available?

Cousins has been franchised tagged 2 years in a row. So he is an anomaly

A 3rd frachise tag on Cousins means the Skins have to pay him about $31 million for a season.

Edited by ddaryl

On 11/23/2017 at 9:39 AM, CanadianFan said:

Cousins is better for teams ready to compete for 10 win seasons.  He's a bit like Tyrod+. He is capable of winning a few games if your supporting cast is very good. He

isn't capable of elevating a team to another level like Deshaun Watson did with Texans. 

And right now we don't have the supporting cast, after Brandon Beane & McDermott started giving away our young talented players to other teams for nothing.  We are left with a bunch of old guys ready to retire in a year or two. And we gotta replace them too!  This wasn't a rebuild job. This was a frickin  ruin the franchise job. We're crap again after their gifts to other teams. and now we gotta build talent back up again. Just draft a good young QB along with getting better coaching staff. 

After seeing the way their hires have performed, I am now skeptical of the judgement of McDermott and Beane. Their ability to evaluate and distinguish talent. They have not shown that they have made good decisions in so many instances. It began with coaching hires. And came the idiotic trades. And mid-season benching that didn't have team support. Kelvin Benjamin was a "my bad"  let me make it up to you trade by Beane. It's like bringing flowers to your wife after she found out you've been cheating on her all along. 

Cousins will only add to frustrations. Yes team will be better, but he won't bring us more wins. Just keep drafting till we find one.

First and last paragraph sound right to me anyway... 

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

A 3rd frachise tag on Cousins means the Skins have to pay him $31 million for a season.

How many playoffs came has played in? Any playoff wins.................................................................

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

How many playoffs came has played in? Any playoff wins.................................................................

I'd have to look that up as I am just now stufdying him as a posisble option

I'm thinking none. Give me a second

Ok I'm back

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00/gamelog/post/

He played in 2 games

1 in 2012 where he must of come into the game in relief. Only had 10 Att

another in 2015 where he threw for over 300 yds and 1 TD no Ints in a loss

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

A 3rd frachise tag on Cousins means the Skins have to pay him $31 million for a season.

What they’ve done with Cousins isn’t all that different than what Buffalo has done with Tyrod. 

The difference is, I believe that cousins plays roughly like Joe Flacco but acts like he is and should be paid like Drew Brees. 

On 11/25/2017 at 3:29 PM, BigDingus said:

Grab Cousins or Alex Smith if available, while simultaneously drafting a QB early to sit on the bench for a few years. Best to try in every way you can to get that franchise player than to be content playing wait-and-see. Hell, even when the Redskins traded the farm to move up and draft RG3, they still drafted another QB in that same draft - Kirk Cousins. 

So even though they hoped and wanted RG3 to be their future, they didn't just settle on being done and backing themselves into a corner. They still continued to try and improve the position, and it paid off.

The Bills should be doing everything in their power to improve the potion in every possible way. If that means using a 1st round pick on a QB while also spending big money in FA for one, so be it. 

Could not agree more. I said basically the exact same thing in another thread on this topic. Not to mention the Rookie QB is 50/50 to sink or swim. If he sinks again it sets us back 3 more years. DO BOTH and be done, people get way to jacked up about $ they don't pay. 

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

1 playoff game and lost. Not what I am looking for. Let someone else overpay for him.

OK but I was only clearing the air about why he is available and why he is not necessarily unwanted

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What they’ve done with Cousins isn’t all that different than what Buffalo has done with Tyrod. 

The difference is, I believe that cousins plays roughly like Joe Flacco but acts like he is and should be paid like Drew Brees. 

Its different in that they paid him a ton more money to keep him on the franchise tag then we have paid TT with a renegotiated deal for lesser money

Does Cousins make Buffalo a Superbowl contender?  You are paying him like he does.  i think he makes us better but I wouldnt feel comfortable paying him as the highest paid player in the league.  I like the talent in this draft and would rather have any of the following Rosen, Darnaold, Jackson or Allen before Cousins.  

20 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Could not agree more. I said basically the exact same thing in another thread on this topic. Not to mention the Rookie QB is 50/50 to sink or swim. If he sinks again it sets us back 3 more years. DO BOTH and be done, people get way to jacked up about $ they don't pay. 

If you take Cousins and pay him, you're virtually guaranteeing yourself you will need to fill almost every other hole via Draft, meaning you'll need every pick you've got and then some....so, to take a QB early would not be a wise investment...now, if you found a guy like Russell Wilson in the 3rd, then you Draft him and see what happens. But if you're taking Cousins, you need to make early gains on your 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.

18 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Does Cousins make Buffalo a Superbowl contender?  You are paying him like he does.  i think he makes us better but I wouldnt feel comfortable paying him as the highest paid player in the league.  I like the talent in this draft and would rather have any of the following Rosen, Darnaold, Jackson or Allen before Cousins.  

There is some thought you could have both Cousins AND Allen....I doubt the others, but Allen might still be there in the mid-rounds, and almost certainly in Round 2. I'm not advocating one way or the other, but if you're prone to doing that sort of thing, it probably could be done without moving picks.

One more thing about the Cousins pursuit: there is real concern about the cost and financial obligation to sign him in Buffalo, and it's a legitimate concern. But consider that not retaining Tyrod's contract will free up quite a bit of space, I don't think Shady is back (as I've beaten that one to death) so if that occurs there's more money in the pot and possibly Kyle Williams. That right there is your Cousins contract and more money, which means it wouldn't need to drastically impose their otherwise FA plans and keep the Draft picks, and if Tyrod is traded, they've acquired another. 

I've been anti-Cousins simply because I'd like the Bills to draft their own guy, but it is hard to argue against the move entirely.