Here you can admit that yes, it CAN get worse than Taylor

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No one is pretending he is flawless. He is a decent starting QB but he needs a system built around him just like any QB. Deshaun Watson and Carson Wentz wouldn’t succeed in each other’s offenses. Didn’t we just fire Rex Ryan for trying to force his system on a defensive roster that wasn’t built for that? Why are we excusing Dennison coming in and designing an offense that doesn’t fit Tyrod’s skill set?

I don't think anyone is excusing Dennison. He's on the hot seat. But this isn't exactly a stacked roster he's working with. 

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I don't think anyone is excusing Dennison. He's on the hot seat. But this isn't exactly a stacked roster he's working with. 

Same QB, same RB, same offensive line. Receiver quality really is no different considering Sammy was out most of the year. Yet in Lynn-coached games (weeks 3-16) we scored 27 PPG. That would rank 7th this season.

There are zero excuses. This is at least as bad as what Rex did to our defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman still threw for more yards in one half than Taylor threw the entire game last week.

Just sayin...

Oh well theres a positive now!!!  come on man......some things better not said....

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The difference between the two is that Peterman is already throwing by the time Mills' man is crushing him. Taylor holds the ball too long to be throwing by then. 

Maybe Petermen should have took the sack or scrambled like tyrod wouldve. Then we wouldnt have had 5 turnovers in the 1st half

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Transplant couldn’t be happier right now. He gets to say I told you so and Tyrod gets to be our starter again. 

He still actually lost his bet and is not supposed to speak positive about Tyrod correct? LOL

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

What we learned today is there is a reason Tyrod holds the ball. No one is getting open. Peterman found that out the hard way, you can’t throw 1-on-1 balls to our receivers. They are simply terrible. In retrospect Tyrod is the only reason we had any semblance of an offense all year long. Dennison’s system is a joke, receivers are a joke, line is a joke. It’s beem proven once and for all Tyrod is at least an average starting QB in this league because no backup QB puts up points in this offense. God help us all if the Bills decide to trade the farm for a QB next year with all these holes 

Didn't take you long to flip the script on Peterman. I told you that data doesn't lie. 

This is an excellent post btw. 

Taylor needs to come back for at least one more season and they need to use those draft picks filling out this awful roster. Going all in a on a QB this year is a horrible idea. 

18 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Didn't take you long to flip the script on Peterman. I told you that data doesn't lie. 

This is an excellent post btw. 

Taylor needs to come back for at least one more season and they need to use those draft picks filling out this awful roster. Going all in a on a QB this year is a horrible idea. 

I’ve been defending Tyrod all season, I have no problem with him. I was excited to see Peterman in Dennison’s offense. I hoped against the odds he would make this scheme work, but wow it was way worse than anything I could have imagined. I don’t think ball velocity is the problem at all but that’s besides the point. I won’t even do the whole “well maybe Peterman will come back strong” thing, there’s no defending him in this game and it’s hard to imagine he improves enough to ever be a long term starter. Doubt he ever plays that bad again but someone with that low a floor probably has a low ceiling too.

Edited by HappyDays

I think most reasonable fans knew this.  We also knew we can do better.

the biggest joke is this regime has no plan.  I wanted to move on from Tyrod this offseason and let the young Qbs play.  That way, we get to see if they have anything or hit rock bottom with a ton of ammo in a good qb draft.

but then we overachieve and then they bench TT in the midst of a playoff hunt.  Now, we are staring at 7-9 and in no position to get a good qb.

i don't trust the process and the guys making the decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

He was terrible, that much is indisputable.

The problem is, the other guy sucks donkey balls in the OPPOSITE direction. Our choices today are : guy who won't take chances and a guy who hasn't seen a chance he wouldn't like to take.

...and both are quarterbacks have the honor of playing behind the worst offensive line in the NFL right now.

Of course it can get worse than Taylor, no one ever said otherwise.  The point is it can never get better than Taylor, who is by definition mediocre, unless they try someone new.  

In trying to find something better than mediocre they tried Peterman and he fell flat. Bummer. They need to give him another chance of course (probably not this week, but before the end of the year), but regardless of that, today was a big step toward confirming they need to draft a QB early next spring.

I know it drives people crazy, but there is a 3 year plan happening and it supersedes any 2017 plans.

Despite being benched the man had his helmet on ready to come in. I would not be upset if he was our starter next year with the draft used to build around him. 

That is why I am happy he was benched. It really made me appreciate the guy a lot more when I seen the alternative. Also he was firing more bullets. It might of been a good wake up call to him to play safe but not so safe it's boring.

Edited by Lfod

Actually, a large majority of this board said things couldn't be worse then the offence with Taylor. 

And Peterman needs another chance? I would be afraid of letting him into a game for mop up duty in a blowout. Today he showed why he lasted to the 5th round and why many scouting reports had him as a backup in this league. 

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Of course it can get worse than Taylor, no one ever said otherwise.  The point is it can never get better than Taylor, who is by definition mediocre, unless they try someone new.  

In trying to find something better than mediocre they tried Peterman and he fell flat. Bummer. They need to give him another chance of course (probably not this week, but before the end of the year), but regardless of that, today was a big step toward confirming they need to draft a QB early next spring.

I know it drives people crazy, but there is a 3 year plan happening and it supersedes any 2017 plans.

Reasonable but the future and present Aren't completely separate. They could have kept Dareus and gotten the same crappy 6th in the offseason. They could have kept Tyrod in there and benched him when we were eliminated.  

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Despite being benched the man had his helmet on ready to come in. I would not be upset if he was our starter next year with the draft used to build around him. 

That is why I am happy he was benched. It really made me appreciate the guy a lot more when I seen the alternative.

Not a chance he is back next year unless he truly is a masochist. This is the 2nd regime to jerk him around (Whaley pulled him at the end of last season, now he gets pulled by McD) iirc I believe he has an out in this deal and I would be shocked if he didn't use it. I think he will personally use the rest of the season as a showcase and be out of here no matter what happens the rest of the way. And if he doesn't have an out I  the deal, I would expect he and his agent request a trade or will sit out until released.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Transplant couldn’t be happier right now. He gets to say I told you so and Tyrod gets to be our starter again. 

Are you friggin kidding me?!

We're an absolute embarrassment and you think I'm happy?

I'll eat crow, too. I got suckered into the Peterman hype. I legitimately thought Peterman was going to play well today. Actually, I thought this was going to be a serious bounce back game for Buffalo.

Boy was I waaaaay off.

Peterman was the reason we lost this game more than Taylor has been the reason and any game that he has played.

If we wanna tank, let's tank. But we're somehow still.500 and have the same record as the 6th seed. Even trying to tank at this point gives us a draft pick somewhere in the bottom half of the top 10.

But McDermott needs to look his players in the eyes on a daily basis and sell them whatever he's smokin.

What's really annoying is the fact that tons of people legitimately thought it couldn't get worse than Taylor.  And on top of that, people pointed to Peterman and his preseason play as though it was some serious indicator he'd to be a really good NFL QB. Or at least better than Taylor, which apparently isn't very hard.

Buncha horsehockey :doh:

And then when anyone pointed out how good Jeff Tuel looked in the preseason and how abysmal he was when he actually got in the game, people just dismiss that because, in reality, hindsight is 2020 and everyone always just says "I always knew with Tuel."

Despite what you think I'm disgusted right now.

This team is a $h1+ Show and we're on our way to another middling season.

Remember how much better Peterman was supposed to run Dennison's offense?

That didn't work.

And Dennison is another YUUUUUGE problem.

• Like (+1) 1