To everyone who was so adamant that the Bills start Peterman

Billsfan1972

22 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Peterman playing was still the right move.  Sorry.

Only in the crazy world of TBD where winning is losing and losing is winning does this make any sense. This is the world where winning is frowned upon and losing celebrated. Where going for wins and playoffs is wrong and tanking to get the nestick is right. The team that wins SB gets last pick. No one wants that.

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

This game, as awful as Peterman was, doesn't excuse Tyrod's poor play.

It doesn't magically make Taylor a good QB.  He's still the guy who threw for 56 yards last week, still the guy who holds on to the ball far too long and still the guy averaging 187 yards/game in 2017.

I don't think anyone said it did.

Look, we all want a better QB, but for now Hotrod's the best we got. Let's just go with him and quit trying to find change under the couch. Sometimes you just gotta go with the best you got til next year. We have reached that point.

He very well could be next year too given how these Yahoos pick QBs.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Only in the crazy world of TBD where winning is losing and losing is winning does this make any sense. This is the world where winning is frowned upon and losing celebrated. Where going for wins and playoffs is wrong and tanking to get the nestick is right. The team that wins SB gets last pick. No one wants that.

No the best record let's the last pick.  Bills can sneak in at 9-7 and pick middle of the pack, but that would probably mean Tyrod is the QB and he's not allowed back....?

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's possible, in retrospect, that McDermott thought that Tyrod was playing so poorly that if he started and won the Chargers game, that win could set the franchise back a decade. 

You're right he's a genious!!!!

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's possible, in retrospect, that McDermott thought that Tyrod was playing so poorly that if he started and won the Chargers game, that win could set the franchise back a decade. 

at least 2 or 3 more of the same.  

McDermott may not last that long.  

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't think anyone said it did.

Look, we all want a better QB, but for now Hotrod's the best we got. Let's just go with him and quit trying to find change under the couch. Sometimes you just gotta go with the best you got til next year. We have reached that point.

He very well could be next year too given how these Yahoos pick QBs.

You know...Tyrod would play a lot better if Dennison wasn't insistent on making him a traditional pocket passer.

Anthony Lynn was smart enough to tailor the offense to Tyrod's strengths.  Dennison seems unwilling to do that.

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No the best record let's the last pick.  Bills can sneak in at 9-7 and pick middle of the pack, but that would probably mean Tyrod is the QB and he's not allowed back....?

You're right he's a genious!!!!

You know what, screw high picks. You earn them because you suck. I'm tired of sucking. I want to win as many games as possible THIS YEAR and every year.  If Hotrod gets us to the playoffs, hallelujah!  We'll name a street after him and put a statue of him next to Ralph!

"Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing." --Vince Lombardi

20 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You gotta be kidding.

It is embarrassing this HO & coaching staff started a 5th round draft choice and the results were even worse then anticipated.

I bet you if Peterman didn't throw that 5th int he probably starts the second half too......

You need to fail in order to overcome sometimes '72... Do yourself a favor, and try not to read too much into Nate's 5-INT performance on Sunday... He's new to the game, and doesn't have much in the way of grooming and coaching to work with... If it were up to me, he'd start every week until our veteran starts acting like he really wants the job...

A rookie started his first NFL game... -There's absolutely no shame in that.

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

You need to fail in order to overcome sometimes '72... Do yourself a favor, and try not to read too much into Nate's 5-INT performance on Sunday... He's new to the game, and doesn't have much in the way of grooming and coaching to work with... If it were up to me, he'd start every week until our veteran starts acting like he really wants the job...

A rookie started his first NFL game... -There's absolutely no shame in that.

Again just wow.......  Starting a qb not ready is not fair to anybody (and that includes Peterman).  It may not be worse, but to do that vs. KC is unfair to the kid.  

Let's use Eli or Rivers, who both came in the same year as the top picks as the 1st & 4th picks of the draft. Eli was beaten up and pathetic down the stretch, but he was the #1 pick and Kurt Warner was terrible and Eli was the can't miss have to play starter.  Rivers was the #3 qb (behind Drew Brees & believe it or not Doug Flutie).  SD went 12-4, then 9-7 and then they traded Brees and Rivers waited & learned and was ready year 3 (where they went 14-2 with Tomlinson being a beast and then guess what flamed out in their first playoff game).......  

That is the way it works with good teams and qb's.....  You groom them and prepare them to play in the NFL. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

You have a guy that is performing in the top 5 of all NFL QB's & you pull him because you want to see if your guy can do better ?? 

They should have let TT finish this year & have a open comp next year in TT last year with the team & draft another QB then it wouldn't have upset the entire deal as it has !! 

Not the smartest of moves !!

Just now, T master said:

You have a guy that is performing in the top 5 of all NFL QB's & you pull him because you want to see if your guy can do better ?? 

They should have let TT finish this year & have a open comp next year in TT last year with the team & draft another QB then it wouldn't have upset the entire deal as it has !! 

Tyrod is not performing in the top 5 of all NFL QB's. This is the same twisting of stats that I myself even fell into when Manuel was playing. Tyrod isn't good enough, and he is only good enough when our defense is hugely dominant. If they aren't then say goodbye to the game cause Tyrod ain't saving us.

20 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Peterman didnt play well but lets not pretend the Bills coaching staff did anything to help him. Chargers have one guy who can wreck a game plan from a passing standpoint in Bosa and they let him go one on one against a rookie LT and a turnstile RT. He was directly reponsible for 3 TOs yesterday.  I dont care if you have to triple team that guy on passing downs...he would not have been the reason we looked terrible. Make someone else beat you, not him.

The Bills repeatedly want to bring the ball out of the end zone when they are terrible at blocking for returns and either get chopped down inside the 15 or get a penalty to move them back inside the 15. At best they make it to where the ball would have been initially at the 25. Let the ball bounce into the end zone if its near the goal line and take a knee idiot!!

The Chargers come out in a dime defense with Bills in 21 personnel on their own 14 yard line. Bills have clear advantage in running game for an easy 8-10+ yard gain on 1st down and what do they do? Throw a 2 yard comeback to a WR that gets picked off. This is DUMB football. The defense is giving you a big gain on 1st down...TAKE IT!! Instead you decide to throw it and them throw a 2 yard pattern??? For what???

I don't what Dennison is looking at on the field...how can you not run the ball against that personnel mismatch with a rookie QB backed up on the 14 yard line?? The Chargers were GIVING you an easy way to get great yardage on 1st down and you inexplicably throw it and then not only throw it throw a meaningless 2 yard comeback. Look at the replay...Chargers 3 man DL were shifted right, the left tackle and left guard had NOBODY to block..a run to the left would have picked up big yards...Mind numbing...just mind numbing for anyone who knows football.

It continues to amaze me how insightful some of the comments are on these forum pages. Dennison was a second choice here as Offensive Coordinator, and Denver was happy to be rid of him. Matter2003 would be a better OC.

Making a change to Peterman was not wrong given TTs previous two outings, but Peterman certainly was not given any help either (see above). And this injury thing with the Bills. No matter who coaches them, Bills players always seem to be made of glass. Sammy Watkins is fine in LA, but not here. That was a beautiful pass to Benjamin, but of course Benjamin is carted off on a cart and thereby taking him off the table for Peterman. And the tipped pass was by a seasoned vet brought here to steady the ship causing one of the interceptions.

Edited by Niagara

22 minutes ago, T master said:

You need to revisit the truth about statistics  and acknowledge the realization that beyond Brady and Brees (the best of the best) Rodgers, Big Ben and M Ryan, 

Everyone else is mired in the realm of average.  That means that 6 to 25 is MEH

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 11/21/2017 at 7:59 AM, What a Tuel said:

Peterman is starting Sunday. Take that to the bank.

Honestly. Tyrod isn't the guy and the defense needs to step up. McDermott is trying out existing QB's on the roster before we go in and draft one high next year.

Looks like your piggy bank has a hole in it.  :lol:

On 11/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, Niagara said:

It continues to amaze me how insightful some of the comments are on these forum pages. Dennison was a second choice here as Offensive Coordinator, and Denver was happy to be rid of him. Matter2003 would be a better OC.

Matter2003 would be a better OC if we were trying to emulate the Browns.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:23 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

You need to revisit the truth about statistics  and acknowledge the realization that beyond Brady and Brees (the best of the best) Rodgers, Big Ben and M Ryan, 

Everyone else is mired in the realm of average.  That means that 6 to 25 is MEH

Maybe you can go down to the corner store and get us one of these elite, HOF QBs.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, Niagara said:

Making a change to Peterman was not wrong given TTs previous two outings, but Peterman certainly was not given any help either (see above).

Previous two outing? Taylor played well against the Jets - particularly given he was hammered by the same kind of pass rush which had Peterman throwing interceptions like rice tossed at a wedding. And before you bring up nonsense about "garbage time", Taylor's first half numbers were 11-14, 79% completion, 115 yrds, 8.21 ypa, and a TD pass. - and no interceptions (fyi). So, to sum up : Taylor played well vs the Buccaneers, Raiders, and Jets - had a bad game against the Saints - and was then benched. Meanwhile, the defense is giving up 400 yards of total offense a game that same period, which is pretty much league worse.

Also : If one good thing came from the NP Debacle, it's that suddenly everyone now notices the sorry state of the offensive line. Heck, I bet if you went back and looked at the Jets game now, even you might notice how atrocious it was (though Taylor didn't throw five interceptions which "weren't his fault"). Now suddenly the Petermanics see how often the Bills' offense is way behind the chains by stupid penalties. Suddenly the Petermanics see how limited the receiver group is. Suddenly the Petermanics notice the stale play-calling from the OC.

"Peterman certainly was not given any help" ?!? What do you think Taylor has dealt with this entire season?

Edited by grb

7 hours ago, grb said:

Previous two outing? Taylor played well against the Jets - particularly given he was hammered by the same kind of pass rush which had Peterman throwing interceptions like rice tossed at a wedding. And before you bring up nonsense about "garbage time", Taylor's first half numbers were 11-14, 79% completion, 115 yrds, 8.21 ypa, and a TD pass. - and no interceptions (fyi). So, to sum up : Taylor played well vs the Buccaneers, Raiders, and Jets - had a bad game against the Saints - and was then benched. Meanwhile, the defense is giving up 400 yards of total offense a game that same period, which is pretty much league worse.

Also : If one good thing came from the NP Debacle, it's that suddenly everyone now notices the sorry state of the offensive line. Heck, I bet if you went back and looked at the Jets game now, even you might notice how atrocious it was (though Taylor didn't throw five interceptions which "weren't his fault"). Now suddenly the Petermanics see how often the Bills' offense is way behind the chains by stupid penalties. Suddenly the Petermanics see how limited the receiver group is. Suddenly the Petermanics notice the stale play-calling from the OC.

"Peterman certainly was not given any help" ?!? What do you think Taylor has dealt with this entire season?

I like the phrase Petermanics.....  I'd call them Petermaniacs......  

I have stated in countless threads & posts that I really don't know what Taylor is as a qb, because the Bills have terrible pass schemes, unimaginative in their movement on the LOS, playcalling, no audibles from what I can tell, got rid of Watkins to screw the offense and to top it off tried to fit the round peg into a square hole (yes I am calling Taylor round).  

Yes I want to see a minimum of 250 yards passing (unless the team runs for 250-300 yards) too.  

Maybe Taylor is not the qb, but I wanted to at least see him given a chance.  As I too have said, watch the Rams and Goff.  Goff is much improved, but at least 50% of the credit is Fisher (maybe the worst NFL coach is gone) and McVay has installed a great offense with weapons, which means there are mismatches.......  BTW see how much Gurley too has improved because of those weapons and offensive changes.

Also Taylor played well vs. Denver and fine vs. Atl.