Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

4 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

The Redskins defense is 31st in points allowed.

His leading WR has started 4 games on the year and only played in 9.  His starting TE is hurt every week.  

So perhaps we can stop pretending that only Tyrod Taylor is holding us back from being the Browns.

and yet they are 4-6

perhaps we can stop pretending that only not having Kirk Cousins is holding us back from being the Browns.

I think sometimes we overreact to things..1 half is not enough to make final judgment on a player.

Tyrod is obviously the more polished player atm and probably should not have been benched for an 

away game i blame mcdermott for that but its too quick to judge peterman theres been many qbs

with awful first starts who went on to be bad and some who went on to be good.

alex smith was 9-23 for 74 yards four ints and sacked 5 times..he turned out okay. Well c what happens

moving forward but im not ready to condemn a player after 1 half it happens.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Didn't say playmakers.......you said the offense had to be built AROUND Taylor and it simply never was.

The OL was there......and also Charles Clay who you don't consider a playmaker but whatever.

Came to 2017 camp with 9 starters from 2015 offense. 

Yes.......one player can make a huge difference........trading Watkins took away the Bills vertical passing game, which was critical.

Losing Dareus hurt a lot too........but I suppose you doubt that as well.

We still have that OL, for the most part.  

A TE who makes his money in the seam is "built" around a QB like Taylor?  Haha.

Again, if your contention is that the 2015 offense was perfectly in place for Taylor, we still only won 8 games.  With his perfect O for his skill set.  Obviously, not good enough.

• SDS unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, bills11 said:

I think sometimes we overreact to things..1 half is not enough to make final judgment on a player.

Tyrod is obviously the more polished player atm and probably should not have been benched for an 

away game i blame mcdermott for that but its too quick to judge peterman theres been many qbs

alex smith was 9-23 for 74 yards four ints and sacked 5 times..he turned out okay. Well c what happens

Again Peterman was a 5th round pick, who didn't even win the starting job in college 'til 2015 on a so-so team.  He graded as a 5th round pick.  This is not a first round can't miss......  Delusional to say the least (and I do feel bad for Peterman).  

Regardless he is not the answer going forward.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again Peterman was a 5th round pick, who didn't even win the starting job in college 'til 2015 on a so-so team.  He graded as a 5th round pick.  This is not a first round can't miss......  Delusional to say the least (and I do feel bad for Peterman).  

Regardless he is not the answer going forward.

Draft position is irrelevant in the context of the discussion...Kirk cousins was a 4th ..dak was a 4th my point is 1 game doesn't define a career in not saying he's gonna be good but you need more than a half to evaluate a player . 

8 hours ago, GG said:

You mean he spends his days and nights doing things other than watching football and rewinding tapes of the last 17 seasons to dig up every bad nugget of this franchise?

Since you keep telling us that you know football better than anyone else on this site, why haven’t you answered the question on why didn’t a single QB starved team make a play for a relatively cheap and super-available Tyrod Taylor last February & March?  Do you think Cousins accepts a below market deal to return to Washington because there would be no takers?

do I hear the sound of crickets? 

hhahahaha

Someone thinks this drought hasn't reach epic proportions!  

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No. He throws into tight windows at times. Not enough but he does it. He throws tight spirals to covered guys sometimes. He throws before guys look at times. People act like he never does these things, which is absurd, versus not doing it nearly enough 

Truth.

3 hours ago, bills11 said:

LA is more like a neutral stadium. Better that he got his first start there than this week or the following vs Pats. 

I'm not ready to condemn him either but we likely now know that we don't have next year's starting QB on the roster. Peterman maybe can evolve into a backup next year but he's got to earn that. 

6 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

We still have that OL, for the most part.  

A TE who makes his money in the seam is "built" around a QB like Taylor?  Haha.

Again, if your contention is that the 2015 offense was perfectly in place for Taylor, we still only won 8 games.  With his perfect O for his skill set.  Obviously, not good enough.

I never said the offense was perfectly in place I said it wasn't built around him even then and it ended up working.

You claimed it had to be built around him.........would you like to move the goal post again?

Drew Brees is coming off three straight seasons of 7-9 backed by an awful defense.

The Bills haven't been much better defensively.