Bills to explore trade market for tyrod

The juice

25 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I am one of Tyrod's most outspoken detractors (accuracy, inability to make reads / audibles on Defenses, can't anticipate a guy open / throw him open, etc.), but if Mike Glennon got $15 million for his resume and to be a back-up, Tyrod's 18 million is basically right on par. Because he adds a dimension Glennon does not, doesn't turn the ball over, and throws a better deep ball - all the other things are still true of Tyrod which is why I don't want him starting for the Bills and because of his history with them I don't want him on the team at all, to avoid controversy and the darn Tyrod debate that has raged for 3 years, but if I were say, the Cards or Browns who both will probably Draft a QB, he would be well worth the money and trade capital for that team since it won't take a 3rd and probably just a 4th to get it done. 

Great points. That Glennon contract was clearly a mistake, but I think they thought they were getting a guy who still had some potential, just in case they could not trade up in the draft. They were signing him to be their starter at the time, not their backup, they fell in love with Trubisky and made the trade up. Tyrod is what he is. I think the Browns are much more likely to sign McCarron and there is 0% chance that Arizona is going to give Larry Fitzgerald a Tyrod Taylor for his last couple of years. Thanks for your service Larry...here's a guy he won't throw you the ball...

I would be shocked if we are able to acquire any compensation for him. I think he goes and backs up a guy like Tannehill, Rivers, or even Prescott in Dallas and gets a contract like Brian Hoyer's 2 year 12 million dollar deal with San Fran. 

14 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It may cost a team more money in free agency the way QB contracts are heading. Taylor is set to be 16th or 17th highest paid QB as of today, that will change .

He’s the 16th or 17th highest paid QB because he’s the probably the 20th best QB in the league. We deserve better

20 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He’s the 16th or 17th highest paid QB because he’s the probably the 20th best QB in the league. We deserve better

We should strive to get better. Getting rid of Taylor doesn't make us better. Upgrading Taylor needs to be the priority though, Having Taylor at his current price doesn't prevent us or any team from upgrading him through the draft. 

If you can find a capable vet starter for cheaper then do it. If you can find a similar or better player for around the same price then do it. I was all for Alex Smith, but even Smith wouldn't prevent me from drafting a highly ranked QB. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It's amazing how similar Taylor hate is to the Flutie hate. Taylor still has a lot of football left, Flutie was at the end.  I have a feeling we will regret getting rid of Taylor. 

Theres 0% chance anyone will miss the QB who can’t QB.  

16 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I totally forsee this unless the bills are very serious about upgrading the position......

The "anybody but tyrod" crowd just does not get it

You don’t get it 

37 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Theres 0% chance anyone will miss the QB who can’t QB.  

You don’t get it 

Greg Roman passing offense prior to Taylor:

2011 - 31

2012 - 31

2013 - 32

2014 - 29

Rick Dennison never ran an offense before 2017.

So Taylor may be better or worse in a real passing offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He had a lot of issues and a brutal contract. We were lucky to get a 5th. Starting QBs, even below average ones, with middle of the road contracts, have more value. As I’ve said a few times a team like the Browns that is not a popular FA destination, with exorbitant cap space, draft picks to burn and a giant void for a vet QB may choose to make this trade.

Yea ^ this... Great read on Dareus. I wish we would have tried harder to reclaim a 3rd overall All-Pro under 30, already signed for the next few years though.... Whatever it's done and in comparison to the TT situation, I find it almost nil that he is traded unless some team like Denver or Arizona were to make a move and with the rest of the market (I think Cousins will go to the Donkeys) I find it highly unlikely AZ or anyone else in a similar predicament places that phone call. I mean nobody could have predicted Alex smith would be TRADED for a 3rd and a DB when he was already likely to get cut. Total Synder move and NOT par for the course.

On 2/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

What team is that desperate to overpay for TT?  

Browns and who else?  

IMO the only team willing to overpay for Tyrod is the team he is on.

They overpaid for Fitz so there is a very good chance the trend will continue for OBD with Tyrod.

Just like last year no team will want to scrap there scheme to make a special short bus Taylor made scheme, his trade value is zero, ain't nobody buying that, even if we pay the bonus we will only end up stuck with him.

The Browns are not the same screw ups anymore IMO, they are going to be correcting past problems so they will get better by drafting a better talent at QB this year and will all of a sudden be a contender while the Bills could continue down the same overpaid backup road desperate to win now mode of waiting for a franchise QB to fall out of the sky while building the rest of the team first.

All this time it could have been a OBD purgatory and not the Whaley QB purgatory he was blamed and fired for. We will see come draft time did OBD forced him to purge other teams backup piles over drafting a top talent at QB? If Tyrod remains and no QB is taken in the first round we should all know Whaley was not the problem in finding a better talent at QB it was OBD brass that has held this team back from fixing the most important part.

Sadly if Cinci did not help us last season it would have just been another notch in the OBD fail of a never ending groundhogs day. The draft can't come soon enough, sadly we will know how it will shake out before it even starts when either Tyrod stays or goes. OBD or Whaley who was the real problem of this purgatory?

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes... we all know how much you value those likes  :flirt: 

We all know how much your Jelly over his likes.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO the only team willing to overpay for Tyrod is the team he is on.

They overpaid for Fitz so there is a very good chance the trend will continue for OBD with Tyrod.

Just like last year no team will want to scrap there scheme to make a special short bus Taylor made scheme, his trade value is zero, ain't nobody buying that, even if we pay the bonus we will only end up stuck with him.

The Browns are not the same screw ups anymore IMO, they are going to be correcting past problems so they will get better by drafting a better talent at QB this year and will all of a sudden be a contender while the Bills could continue down the same overpaid backup road desperate to win now mode of waiting for a franchise QB to fall out of the sky while building the rest of the team first.

All this time it could have been a OBD purgatory and not the Whaley QB purgatory he was blamed and fired for. We will see come draft time did OBD forced him to purge other teams backup piles over drafting a top talent at QB? If Tyrod remains and no QB is taken in the first round we should all know Whaley was not the problem in finding a better talent at QB it was OBD brass that has held this team back from fixing the most important part.

Sadly if Cinci did not help us last season it would have just been another notch in the OBD fail of a never ending groundhogs day. The draft can't come soon enough, sadly we will know how it will shake out before it even starts when either Tyrod stays or goes. OBD or Whaley who was the real problem of this purgatory?

We all know how much your Jelly over his likes.

Yup, nobody wants Taylor. 

Throw MCCarron and Foles into the mix and that is 2 more teams less interested in TT. He might latch on somewhere as a backup on the cheap IMO.

Way more intriguing QB prospects out there GMs would be willing to take a chance on starting over TT.

Thinking otherwise is foolish.

Edited by PeterGriffin
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Great points. That Glennon contract was clearly a mistake, but I think they thought they were getting a guy who still had some potential, just in case they could not trade up in the draft. They were signing him to be their starter at the time, not their backup, they fell in love with Trubisky and made the trade up. Tyrod is what he is. I think the Browns are much more likely to sign McCarron and there is 0% chance that Arizona is going to give Larry Fitzgerald a Tyrod Taylor for his last couple of years. Thanks for your service Larry...here's a guy he won't throw you the ball...

I would be shocked if we are able to acquire any compensation for him. I think he goes and backs up a guy like Tannehill, Rivers, or even Prescott in Dallas and gets a contract like Brian Hoyer's 2 year 12 million dollar deal with San Fran. 

....agree.....and it appears that da Bears are admitting their mistake with his forecasted imminent release.....if TT is not in McBeane's plans, he'll have 2 days to wheel and deal starting 3/14 before the $6 mil roster bonus comes due on the 16th......opposing GM's probably hold pat, waiting for his eventual release versus surrendering a pick unless McBeane pays the $6 mil......some mocks have Jackson going to 'Zona.....they may like two similar styles and sign TT as well to go with formidable running game with Johnson returning....and I agree about McCarron possibly landing with Browns......

Taylor is a class act and can be an effective bridge or backup if used correctly . I think he can have a long NFL career if used in that role.

Some team with cap space to burn could trade for him . I would rather draft a QB high and go with a cheaper bridge then Taylor or a more expensive FA . 

It's just time to move on and take a risk at this position.

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

Taylor is a class act and can be an effective bridge or backup if used correctly . I think he can have a long NFL career if used in that role.

Some team with cap space to burn could trade for him . I would rather draft a QB high and go with a cheaper bridge then Taylor or a more expensive FA . 

It's just time to move on and take a risk at this position.

....agree 100% ALF......with a strong draft and modest FA spending, this club can be a solid playoff contender versus praying for a repeat of the "Cincy Effect" in 2018 (McBeane certainly has the horsepower on his staff to hit a home run IMO)....unfortunately, TT's struggles are with the mental aspect of the game at the NFL level (speed and complexity, principal weaknesses of many which is why Steve Young said is the reason "more collegians fail versus succeed at the NFL level"..)....guess I'm now branded as a "hater" by the "day care crowd"...oh well......do we have the time to spend a season on the TT/Daboll experiment?......is the mental aspect of the game teachable, a/k/a "retraining the brain to speed up"?.....my opinion is no to both....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1