Is Peterman up to the task? He sure was last year for Pitt when he beat Clemson

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I can't see past this game. not always a good idea to use college as a gauge in the next level. I'm pulling for him as I've pulled for all those who have been under (too many to count in the last two decades) center and for me personally, I have a gut feeling the kid will rise to the occasion.

whether he does or not remains to be seen.

I think he'll be ok.

16 minutes ago, ThePetermanEra said:

Nice to see someone mention Peterman's grit! He is a gritty QB for sure. 

This may have been the deciding factor in benching Tyrod. McD needed more grit and you just can't coach that. NP was born gritty.

Yes NP is extremely gritty....talking LARGE type of gritty for sure.

Also welcome to the forum and great username my friend. Hope you have your own supply of hand lotion, lube, etc though. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Of course they are but to go into the eventual national champion's home field and hand them their only loss in a near flawless performance (308 yards and 5 TD's) is a performance that most scouts would have circled as franchise QB caliber as it translates to the next level.  Especially since NP and Pitt were trailing by more than a TD in the 4th quarter of that game.

NP is no doubt going to make his share of mistakes and I'll go out on a limb and say he'll have more turnovers than Taylor but he's also going to attempt (and presumably make some) of the throws Taylor wouldn't have dreamed of even attempting because of his game manager, protect the ball mindset.

And yet he was a 5th round pick.  No one said that about Tebow during his run as greatest QB in College History by most regards.  Just saying.

I like Peterman, but there is nothing about that game that makes feel more confident in him or less.  I am excited to see him, but I value college games very little in my expectations compared to what I have seen him do in limited appearances in the NFL.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

18 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes NP is extremely gritty....talking LARGE type of gritty for sure.

Also welcome to the forum and great username my friend. Hope you have your own supply of hand lotion, lube, etc though. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Thanks! It's been a while since I've been on a message board. I just haven't felt inspired like this in a long time...

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes klos, it's been very hard. My chest feels like it's going to explode from the anxiety, concern, excitement, etc.

What sucks is this is a late game on Sunday because of the west coast start so the wait is even longer!

Obviously concern. That's your trademark.

I will say, you are a good sport with all the ribbing you get.

Disclaimer, this is from watching one of the "all the throws" videos, no all-22 or anything, so take this with a grain of salt.

Anyway, I was pretty underwhelmed with his performance in the Clemson game.  Five TD's and over 300 yards looks great, but a lot of it was well schemed plays by the coaching staff. I watched the video below and I saw a shovel pass for a TD, a busted coverage for a TD, a great play by the TE Orndoff for a TD, a good throw for a TD, and another shovel pass for TD.

I'll give him credit, he took some shots, but he was also holding the ball in the pocket longer than I'd like to see. Now I'll fully admit that Clemson was probably much more talented so receivers were probably having trouble gaining separation, but I didn't see this game as Peterman carrying the team to victory as much as I saw the coaches scheming up a great game plan that Peterman did a well enough job at executing. He also got bailed out on a few PI's for first downs and overall I didn't see great deep throw accuracy. 

This video is also clearly missing some throws as it starts with Pitt up 7-0.

Edited by elroy16