"Good for Buffalo"

1 hour ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I'm new the forum here, but have enjoyed reading the stadium wall for years.  I looked to see if I could find this topic discussed and did not see it so wanted to bring it up.  I am not a huge fan of WGR, however yesterday Bulldog was talking to John Clayton and Clayton said something along the lines of the Bills made a bad decision because Tyrod is good enough to get them to the first round of the playoffs to which Bulldog respectfully replied he's tired of hearing how it's "good for Buffalo."  

I know we haven't had the best sports franchises for some time now, but the way the national media talks about us is certainly tiresome.  I like the path "McBean" has us on and I feel good about the way we are run.  We have a clear vision and that's something we haven't had in a very long time.  I know, win and we will get respect, but I really wish the national media would do their homework before commenting on our situation and tell us what's "good for Buffalo." Look forward to  reading your thoughts and comments!

The Bills have had all of 21 winning seasons in their 67 years of existence, only 2 of them in this century and none under the current ownership.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs in seventeen years, the longest active post season drought in professional sports, and they are apparently doing just about everything possible to insure that their record for futility continues into the foreseeable future.

If you don't like  the national media insulting/mocking/criticizing the Buffalo Bills ineptitude, I suggest you complain to the people who can do something about it, the Pegulas.

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

You must be new to the NFL; the vision is clear - build a winning organization and culture. Unfortunately many fans think that happens overnight; ironic after this organization has failed miserably over the last 17 years!

Finally, a front office that wants to build a winning organization!  Why didn't any of the previous regimes think of that?  

If it works out, great.  But literally every coaching staff in the history of the NFL has tried to build a winning organization and culture.  I think the "how" is a pretty important factor.  And the only thing McBeane have offered into how it's done - i.e., what "the process" actually is - is that they want to collect guys who fit into a winning culture.  Cool.  But that's basically just saying, "I want to bring in my guys."  Which, again, is what most new coaches/GMs do.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.  I'll believe it's working out when it actually happens.

1 hour ago, simool said:

It's been like that for so long, I guess I have gotten used to it.  It makes it extra special when we prove them wrong.  I remember everyone saying Cordy Glenn projected as a guard and they could not believe we drafted him so high as a tackle... Pffft.  Generally if we are doing the opposite of what the national media wants us to do I am pleased.

How, exactly, have the Bills proved the national media wrong any time recently ... other than embarrassing those prognosticators who thought the Bills were potentially a playoff team before the Jests game?

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

All i'm saying is that the clear vision is looking a little muddy right now..........from a fan perspective.

I think their vision involves decisions they know will be unpopular with large portions of the fan base and so they are not willing to outline what the vision/plan is. Which is frustrating when we get blind-sided by moves like the Watkins trade. As fans we're left looking at individual moves and trying to figure how they fit into the vision/plan that we aren't privy to.

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

You must be new to the NFL; the vision is clear - build a winning organization and culture. Unfortunately many fans think that happens overnight; ironic after this organization has failed miserably over the last 17 years!

Gosh, thanks for letting us know. Why hasn't anybody figured this out before?

This is like the National Lampoon's recipe for Rat Pie:

1. Find a rat.
  2. Kill it.
  3. Make a pie.

I've been watching and reading national commentary on the QB switch and the criticism of the Bills is pretty much universal. And it's also pretty much universal that the comments are based on very little knowledge of the Bills and the strengths and weaknesses of Tyrod's game. They are all talking as if it's a foregone conclusion that the Bills will make the playoffs if they keep Tyrod at QB. The level of reasoning is as shallow as a kiddie pool. 

At this point, even though I think McDermott and Dennison and Beane have made a lot of bad decisions and questionable moves, I want Peterman to play well and the Bills to win if only to shut these people up.

That would be so gratifying.  

I know what's not good for Buffalo. A QB who's BS pass completion percentage and TD/INT ratio numbers trick the national media to believing that TT is the answer. COME ON MAN I get furious about this. When you go 17 for 26 for a 165 yards you have a sixty-something percent completion percentage. Crap this is smoke and mirrors. You don't throw INTs when you don't take chances. NOW you have to be smart with the ball but you HAVE to take chances to win. TT doesn't do that.  The stat line that is forgotten. 3 and outs and 3rd down conversion percentage (Caveat - if you only have 10 opportunities to make a first down and you make 5 your percentage is 50% BUT you lose that game.)

I don't want a game manager, safe QB that you COULD win with.  A QB that MAY get you to the first round of the playoffs. I want one THAT will WIN games for you. Maybe NP is that QB. We are about to find out. 

P.S. F Clayton. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was just about to say that, thanks. Just read a piece on NFL.com showing all the great statistics of TT. What they didn't show was his inability to get TD's out of his passes or as you pointed out so adroitly, his inability to keep drives moving.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, nero1 said:

I was just about to say that, thanks. Just read a piece on NFL.com showing all the great statistics of TT. What they didn't show was his inability to get TD's out of his passes or as you pointed out so adroitly, his inability to keep drives moving.

Adroitly- Good word!

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

A New York beat reporter before the Jets game said the Bills were over rated, and almost everyone

on this board mocked him. Not everyone in the media not in this area is dumb.

That beat reporter is actually paying attention because he covers the Jets and therefore is familiar with the Bills beyond checking a box score or the standings. Most of the National guys see the Bills record and assume Tyrod is playing well because he has 10 TDs and 3INTs. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That beat reporter is actually paying attention because he covers the Jets and therefore is familiar with the Bills beyond checking a box score or the standings. Most of the National guys see the Bills record and assume Tyrod is playing well because he has 10 TDs and 3INTs. 

Bingo.   No one really cares about the Bills but WNYers. 

#1. Screw John Clayton. Wtf does that guy know? ESPN canned his ass and the guy thought TT was good.

What’s the vision you ask? Did any of you not hear the man Sean McDermott tell everyone on Wednesday?

”We are not here to be 5-4. We are here to be better than that. I was sent here to win a championship.”

How any so called Bills fan can’t get behind these new guys is beyond me. This is the first regime since the glory years that has nuts.

Everybody needs to quit bitching and whining and get behind McBean. They know wtf they are doing. It’s refreshing. The 7-9 days are over.

47 minutes ago, McBean said:

#1. Screw John Clayton. Wtf does that guy know? ESPN canned his ass and the guy thought TT was good.

What’s the vision you ask? Did any of you not hear the man Sean McDermott tell everyone on Wednesday?

”We are not here to be 5-4. We are here to be better than that. I was sent here to win a championship.”

How any so called Bills fan can’t get behind these new guys is beyond me. This is the first regime since the glory years that has nuts.

Everybody needs to quit bitching and whining and get behind McBean. They know wtf they are doing. It’s refreshing. The 7-9 days are over.

When?

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

After the Jets and Saints exposed every facet of our team there is literally a 2% chance the Bills would've made the playoffs with Tyrod at QB.   I'm fine with them test driving Peterman for a while.  He showed a good presence in the pocket and some great awareness for a rookie.  Rookie QB's have worked out pretty well for some teams recently.  I don't care about his 5th round draft position.  Last April NFL.com had him rated 0.1 lower grade than Mahomes at 161 spots lower.  That seems like a steal.  

image.png.fd1052d15bf37d4b5cff21460a92a129.png

I think this means that Peterman should be as good as Kizer?

Seriously ... I agree. Guys climb way up the draft ladder every spring, but in the final analysis, but there's Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson (both that year) for every RG3, a Dak Prescott for every Paxton Lynch.  I am skeptical about Peterman, but almost as skeptical about Mahomes.  Fortune favors the bold, Coach McD!

On 11/17/2017 at 11:20 AM, kdiggz said:

We are the ugly red-headed step child of the NFL.  Nobody takes us seriously and they don't expect much from us.  When we do something good we get an "aww...good for you!"  As you mentioned, the only way to be taken seriously is to win.  And unfortunately that's something we haven't done in a LONG time.  I don't want to just get to the 1st round of the playoffs.  Who cares?  Who can even name the teams that made it last year?  Nobody remembers.  They only remember the Super Bowl teams.  We won't be taken seriously until we get a QB.  Tyrod wasn't it.  Is Peterman?  Probably not but let's see.  If not then we have time to evaluate and then get one in the draft.  Enough of this trying to maybe someday make the wild card.  Build the team the right way and get the QB to take us to the top!

Some do not have alzheimers and remember who played in playoffs last year.

I know Preseason doesn't count and garbage time doesn't count. At some point the National Media needs to watch some game tape and really see what allot of fans have seen this year. Peterman outplayed Tyrod in every facet in Preseason and in the same garbage time that Peterman had Tyrod still couldn't hit the broad side of a barn against the Saints. Why are they so sure Peterman isn't going to come out and play well. I really hope Peterman proves them completely wrong and gets this offense running on all cylinders. Then I can say once more screw you National Media.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:14 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

Welcome.  The national media will not adequately do their homework or pay much attention to us until we prove that we can win in a sustainable fashion and become relevant.  Until then, we're the redhead stepchild they stick in the corner.

I think we are comparable to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA.  Whenever they had success the media would pat them on the head...
Until we have sustained success including championships, we will be the redhead of the NFL (sorry, Andy Dalton, you can't even be the readhed of OH!...browns have that nailed.)